WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2018

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,436 Member
    STATS FOR they day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.31min, 11.9amph, 131mhr, 1.4mi= 77c
    HELIX Machine- random hill program, 35min, 143mhr, 56arpm,lvl1-4, 3.48mi= 178c
    standing core machine- w/2 sts of 10ea, mountain climbers and pushups, 4sts total each, 128mhr = 54c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.44min, 138mhr, 16.3amph, 1.8mi= 59c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.56min, 9.46min mi, 145mhr, .5mi= 67c
    jog wrk 2 sta-148mhr, 4.51min, 10.23min mi, .4mi= 67c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 21.09min, 7.4amph, 152mhr, 2.6mi= 198c

total cal 700
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,879 Member
    Working 3/12 hour shifts at night is a challenge for me and weight loss goals. I eat before I go to sleep in the morning, never get enough sleep, many excuses not to exercise this I have gained back 10 pounds over a year.
    Goals this month, log daily, increase protein. Minimize eating before I go to bed. Sleep aid to get a deeper sleep so I have more energy. Log miles daily and increase daily.

:) Welcome. You have a bunch of challenges. I hope you will come back regularly and read this thread to feel supported by other women who are achieving their goals of eating well and exercising regularly in spite of bumps in the road;

81824br5uyrfrsr.gif Barbie from beautiful NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,436 Member
    Tonight’s ornament, our wedding favors, says izzy and kirby June 22, 2002

drsc9nsm9poq.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Did Cardio Strength Peak Fit Challenge DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD.

Newcomer general meeting today. After this, only 2 more to go…yea!!!!

Alma…. – welcome! What kind of aerobics do you do at home? I do a lot at home and am always looking for new ideas. Your blister must be really bad if you can’t go to water aerobics. I’m so sorry. I like water aerobics, too.

Usually every morning I go in and clean Shadow’s litter box since I also do the litter box for our cats. Well, I went in and was going to take a picture to send to Jess (to start her day off). The door wasn’t totally shut closed. She pushed the door open and went out into the living room. Now I don’t like to leave her out when we’re gone in case there’s a problem. But she seems to be getting more and more to where she wants to go out. She just wishes those other cats weren’t there. I think Clyde has gotten to the point where he just walks away from her since he’s done this before. I don’t know that Lexi has ever even gotten close to her. I wonder if she and Bonnie aren’t vying for “alpha cat”. If so, I guess we shall see what happens. I don’t know what gets into Loki sometimes. There have been times when for no reason he goes after Bonnie and sometimes Shadow. I’m just going to let this play out. Yesterday for the first time she was in the living room and jumped up in my lap and then laid next to me on the loveseat.

Allie – I love having my shopping list on my phone (Our Groceries app). You have no idea how many times I would have forgotten something had I not had it written down. This also helps me with not “impulse buying”. I have the list, get what I need and get out. Only good thoughts being sent to you for your job

Margaret – yea you got the house!

NYKaren – you definitely will be able to finish the hat by Christmas

Had the Newcomer general meeting. Only 2 more to go!!!! Boy, will they be surprised at how many things are mine that I use at the general meetings. I don’t plan to give them things that are my own. I can use them. At first I was thinking that I wouldn’t go to the meeting in April. The new person should make the job their own. But the more I thought about it, the more I’m thinking that I’ll go because there are things that person might not have thought of. But I do have to be careful not to try to take over. But I certainly won’t go early like I do now to set up.

Heather and Karen in BC – that’s me too. I’m up until all hours of the night going over in my mind things that need to be done for company. I’ve even gotten up and done them just so that I don’t forget. Which reminds me, I just remembered that I should use a different tray for the cheese and crackers. Off to do it right now before I forget again. The good news is that for some reason I’m not really stress eating. I have in the past for for some reason not this year.

Ceramics, now home. Will volunteer at the Green room tomorrow and then at night there's Newcomer bowling.

Michele in NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    ydailey wrote: »
    Today is National Ding-A-Ling Day!

"Ding-a-Lings on this day call the people they haven’t heard from in a while. It may be an old classmate, co-worker or neighbor from years ago. Or perhaps a call will go out to the child who used to mow the grass during the summer. How about that couple who carpooled for soccer. What was their name? There are all sorts of people in our lives who manage to slip out of our lives who would love to hear the ding-a-ling of a call from you or me. Why don’t you join the Ding-a-ling club and call someone this year?"

Penny - Wow, up and walking so soon at 90 years old?! That's amazing!

Kathy - Yay for being done with shopping! I kind of enjoy the gift wrapping.

Evelyn - I wasn't familiar with Boney M but I love Christmas albums so I'm having fun listening to audio clips on Amazon!

Heather - It's amazing what having a pet to take care of can do. I'm happy for your son and his greyhounds.

Allie - Yikes, that's not the kind of surprise anybody wants so close to Christmas! Glad to hear your jobs are safe.

We made a big pot of African peanut soup for dinner last night and there's loads left over, so I think I'll leave Philip to heat some up when he gets hungry. The best thing about soup is that it will usually feed you for several days! I've been wanting green chile stew lately so I'll pick up the ingredients for that next time at the grocery story. As long as the weather stays cool I'm happy to have soup every night of the week.

Time for me to be a ding-a-long and call somebody.

Happy Wednesday!

-Yvonne in TX

My eldest daughter's favourite Christmas song as a child was Ding-a-Ling the Christmas bell by Conway Twitty. She still has a recording of it that she plays for her children.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    My mother got to come home from the hospital yesterday. It seems that once you poop, you can go, regardless of how weak and sick you may still feel. But she was glad to be in her own bed, slept the afternoon away with no interruptions from IVs beeping or vital signs needing to be collected. She ate supper, had a good night, and is much improved today. Touring the whole house with her walker to check on things. I was trying to clean. I caught her dusting a shelf in the bathroom and trying to straighten a quilt on a rack in the hallway. I would say she is on the mend! I’m actually going to stay home tomorrow and let my sister handle it. I need to get my tree up and my stockings hung and deal with the pile of Christmas gifts on the dining room table that I bought from Amazon while sitting in the hospital. Plus, tomorrow is my regularly scheduled visit with the surgeon so he can feel my boob again.

The last thing my mother said to me when I left tonight was “watch for deer.” I drove so carefully through the rural back roads, then hit one in the middle of town! Then, to top it off, my car is telling me my key battery is low. My bumper from the encounter with the deer is only slightly askew. I’m hoping my brother can pop it back together without an insurance claim. (He has a body shop.) the key thing is an easy fix. I don’t know if I can do it myself, but I’m going to Google it in a bit. I needed to check in with you guys first.

Later,

K

Wow it's insane how fast people are released from hospital now compared to even a few years ago. Sounds like she is doing well though.

Sorry to hear you hit a deer, hopefully your Brother will fix you right up!
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    This is a good read about brain injury. I see a bit of my husband in each of the people.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2018/dec/09/life-after-brain-damage-the-survivors-story?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,129 Member
    edited December 2018
    Pretty quilt, Willow. What a lovely sign of friendship. <3

Sorry to hear about your job uncertainty, Allie. You certainly don't need that right now. My guess is, it will all be ok and the new owner will need staff, but you might have to reapply. That seems to happen all the time these days. One thing is certain, nothing is certain.

Slept pretty well and about to start my day. Just need to shop for a couple of bits for lunch, but my son might come with me. He does have a bit of work to do on his laptop. I found out yesterday that he no longer has a job at the warehouse, but is entirely self employed as a writer/photographer/editor on Airsoft Action magazine.He also is building a following on Utube and hopes to market that. He seems much happier. His girlfriend makes a living from embroidery and quilting. Plus support from her ex husband for the kids. So , a precarious, but fulfilling life.
    I am very happy for him because he had to resign his last job through extreme stress and anxiety. He felt there was workplace bullying. He was a high powered designer, and very talented, but he suffered hugely from his mental health. He was vulnerable as a child. I am so proud that he has found a lifestyle and relationships that suport the best of him, though, of course I worry that it is all so very precarious and he has no security.
    Yes, Yvonne, thank goodness for the greyhounds. Hazel and Flo - sisters. They looked after him during his worst times.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Just catching up on reading. We have been decorating for christmas and are expecting a visit from longtime friends in a few days. I’m pretty happy but DH is grumpy..

Katla
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited December 2018
    NYKAREN Congratulations to your daughter. Being a congressional intern will open doors for her. That is quite an accomplishment!

Machka I'm glad you got that tooth fixed. Did you have a raw tongue from the sharp edges?

Willow That's a wonderful quilt. The materials!

Heather I would like to see your son on YouTube. He sounds like a really smart, talented guy. Is Airsoft similar to Paintball?

Allie Gosh. I bet you didn't see that coming. I hope your job security is intact.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Machka I'm glad you got that tooth fixed. Did you have a raw tongue from the sharp edges?
    Karen in Virginia

Yep ... raw tongue.

Also the whole area around the tooth was in quite a bit of pain, hence my assumption it was becoming infected.

And I did something to the roof of my mouth so it was very sore for a couple days.

For two or three days, eating and talking was a bit of an adventure. :(

But much better now. :)

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,639 Member
    Morning ladies~
    I am up and staggering....wow my poor tummy is not used to the meal I had last night.. gourmet all the way.. and was in the bathroom alot I know TMI... we had a wonderful time.. and I slept like a rock.... have to bring my girlfriend to pick up her husbands birthday cake as she cant drive in the dark... I am invited to his party tomorrow night, have yankee swap Saterday night, and sunday night is my friends jazz band playing at a local place in Manchester.. so busy weekend..