What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    2 x 5,000m/8min rest - steady state

Didn't feel especially good today though I'm not sure if that was more mental (from having a really awful row on Saturday) than it was physical. More than likely a a combination of both. Either way, being dizzy after 5k of steady state is not ok. The second 5k wasn't as bad but my split was also 4.7 seconds slower (which I'm fine with).

Goals for today and tomorrow:
    Eat more food (preferably protein dense)
    Sleep through the night
    Be more conscious about drinking water (this shouldn't be an actual issue but I should cover my bases)
  • 796fra
    796fra Posts: 45 Member
    Round of free weights
    25 min run on treadmill
    2 mile dog hike (pup is getting old)
    60 min barre
    12k steps
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    13 miles / 38:02 / 452 calories
    Started at level 15, finished at 25, like normal.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited December 2018
    Bringing barefoot walking back:) Got a blister halfway through my walk so I took off my shoes notice my time :D

Also strengh training with dumbbells 10lb 1 set 15reps of DB row,DB floor press,DB overhead, hip thrusters & goblet squats.

uz0ee42x7k9m.jpg
  • nicoleseph0321
    nicoleseph0321 Posts: 38 Member
    Leg day!
    1.5 squats- 4 sets 8 reps
    Reverse lunge- 4 sets 8 reps
    Jumping lunges- 4 sets 16 reps
    Romanian deadlifts-4 sets 8 reps
    Hip thrusts- 4 sets 8 reps
    Bulgarian split squats- 4 sets 16 reps (12 reps on the last 2 sets! I was dead by then)
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    30 min PT session boxing and kicking
    1.5mile run
    Shoulders and arms
    30min tabata
    45min barbell
  • nicoleseph0321
    Chest/abs today-
    4 sets 10 reps regular dumbbell chest press superset with 10 narrow grip press
    4 sets 10 reps chest flys superset with 16 single-arm press
    4 pull-ups (not for chest, just thrown in for practice and because I was bored haha)
    A bunch of weighted mat exercises for abs
    Ready for back day tomorrow!

• firef1y72
    2mile run
    30min Stair workout in PT wearing weighted vest (seems I'm going to be seeing a lot of the vest this week)
    45min Zumba
    45min Insanity
    45min Boxercise (really tough, working with the instructor who is also my PT and doesn't let me get away with anything)
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    High bar squats
    Zercher squats
    Leg press
    Hack squat
    Hamstring extension
    RDL's
    Calf raises
    Quad extension
    Adduction/abduction

100 minutes and I'm fried

• KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Week 5 run number 1 of the Couch to 10K :-)
  • aokoye
    Morning erging on slides
    4x 2000m/6' rest full pressure - rate of 24
    With a 10 minute warm up, "I want you all nice and sweaty!" - more like 15 for me given what time I got there.

My first two splits were 1:59.8 and 1:59.2 but the third one was six seconds slower - I was so done but had a good rest and got my last split down. In the end my average was 2:02.8. Note the goal was to just go all out, unless you had an average split from last year to compare it to. We're doing the same workout in 3 or 4 weeks at which point our goal will be to row at our average split.
    I'm getting stronger and stronger, I just need to eat more (and figure out how to go to sleep at a decent hour). I felt better than on Monday, but not as well as I should have.
  • nicoleseph0321
    At lunch break..
    4 sets of 3 pull ups/10 lat pull downs
    4 sets of 10 shrugs/10 reverse flys
    4 sets of 10 clean and press/8 bent-over rows
    And then an hour long cardiosculpt class after work😁
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Today I did kettlebell workouts:

KB carries complex with 24kg KB -
    1 minute each waiters carry R then L, rack carry R then L and finally suitcase carry R then L with 15 second transition to change carry completed in 7:30 - average HR = 128 bpm (71 percent) maximum HR = 141 bpm (78 percent) - total 68 calories.

Burpees x 5 plus two-hand swing x 15 with 24kg KB starting new round every 1:45 for 10 rounds = 16:42 - average HR = 153 bpm (85 percent) maximum HR = 163 bpm (91 percent) - total 189 calories.

That was it, done at local park, a little chilly and windy.

BTW, I’m a heart rate monitor junkie.
  • aokoye
    edited December 2018
    And evening workout was erging with the men's team. My very long nap and making sure I was well fed worked - at least for this evening. That said, even with the BLT, cider, and fries that I had for my second dinner (I ate an hour and a half before erg'ing as well), I'm still 700ish calories under. Mind you, not counting the minimal meters I erged during the rests, I burned over 1,300 calories today and while I wanted to go get candy on my way home, which would have taken care of some of those, it was too late to stop by the store. Maybe I'll eat a bowl of leftover oatmeal.

Oh yea and for the actual workout
    10ish min warm up
    9x 3:00/1:00rest
    I didn't have a good reference for a goal for the 3:00. Most people based it off of a 20 min test but I don't think I've done one yet - I'd have to really check. I did mine based off of my goal to have my split be under 2:00.

The rate for intervals 1-3 were at 20, 3-6 were at 21, and 7-9 were at 22.

This twice daily team erg'ing is only going to happen through the first week of 2019. Once school starts back up I won't be able to sustain it.
  • Dancing_jacks
    Dancing_jacks Posts: 40 Member
    Today I will do the No more trouble zones DVD from Jillian Michaels followed by 10-15 minutes of ballet stretches.
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Full body routine with dumbbells, stretches and calisthenics during set interval.
    Squats
    Stiff leg dead lifts
    Standing curls
    Bench presses
    Bent over rowing
    Tricep extensions

46 minutes, 3 sets of 1 we each.
    Feels good!
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    13 miles / 39:16 / 427 calories
  • firef1y72
    Wednesday I did
    30min sprints wearing weighted vest.
    4.5 mile easy run
    30 min PT using weighted vest and trx
    45 45min zumba.

Thursday I did
    1hour PT using battle rope and boxing plus some abs
    1.5mile run
    45min circuits
  • nicoleseph0321
    Yesterday I did a shoulder workout at lunch-
    3X10 superset lateral/ventral raises hands facing down
    3X10 superset reverse flys/ventral raises with hands facing each other
    3X8 shoulder press
    3X10 around the world

After work was a 40-minute core/cardio class!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Yoga, jumprope, pull ups, dead hangs, wall assisted handstands and L-sits. Tried a couple free handstands afterwards. Thought I found the balance point for a few seconds but quickly lost it. Will keep working on it...