Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What commonly given MFP Forum advice do you personally disagree with?

Options

Replies

• chrisahubbard
    chrisahubbard Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great responses.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I don't personally believe "anyone" can lose weight by counting their calories alone. That's my unpopular opinion.

Huh. 50 pounds down and maintaining for almost a year. What do you think people need to do to lose weight in addition to counting calories?

edit: If you meant to say that you don't believe "everyone" can lose weight by counting their calories alone, sure, I agree with that. Not even an unpopular opinion. But those are two completely different statements.
  • chrisahubbard
    chrisahubbard Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I don't personally believe "anyone" can lose weight by counting their calories alone. That's my unpopular opinion.

Huh. 50 pounds down and maintaining for almost a year. What do you think people need to do to lose weight in addition to counting calories?

edit: If you meant to say that you don't believe "everyone" can lose weight by counting their calories alone, sure, I agree with that. Not even an unpopular opinion. But those are two completely different statements.

That's exactly what I meant. I should have used everyone instead of anyone. Thanks for the insight.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    I would post that "words" thing, @AnnPT77....but we already had that discussion :wink:
  • grassvalleygirl
    grassvalleygirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The low fat diet. I agree that eating too much saturated fat can be a problem, but for me, having more fat in my diet has actually helped me lose weight. All I ever did on the low-fat diet was GAIN weight. Now that I maintain a good amount of healthy fat in my diet, I have lost 50 pounds and been able to maintain it for 4 years. I never want to say that my eating plan works for everyone, but it sure worked much better for me.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    Just to ease everyone's mind, since I know we're all super concerned..

Combat boots are super in right now. So, let your Doc Martens flag fly.

How about granny gowns and love beads to go with the Doc Martens? Long straight hair? I was so totally "in" for about 5 seconds when I was 18! :p

edited to finish sentence. and spelling.

@pinuplove will be so happy to hear this.

They make me look taller, ok?!

As a fellow “slightly-vertically-challenged” person I’m going to totally back you on this. They do, and mine have even got pretty ribbons on them 🤗