Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Third day in a row I have a meeting to go to. Such a blur and eats up my time. Not necessarily a bad thing......

How is everyone's week going? Weather here is holding up for walking.

Lady who is getting my bed got a place to live so when she will come by depends on when she can get a pickup truck. I also bought her a Queen size blanket for Christmas.

Had a dream yesterday and I had made up a song - alarm woke me up - that could have been my golden ticket to retirement...... hmmm.

Too much chocolate yesterday - but I passed up the doughnuts, so not too saintly.

Wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Kathryn,
    I'm glad that your floor is done - you will get back into the healthier eating. Also good to hear about DH doing better. As for your thyroid thing, did the doctor discuss doing a fine needle biopsy? Just curious.
    Big hugs~~
    Lana

Lana - It was the fine needle biopsy which got me to this point. The results were that it was a follicular lesion with calcification which I was told is only a 50-60% chance of malignancy.

Sara - I had 2 doctors review the results. I already have appointments for followup tests in 6 months.

This has been the domino effect home improvement for sure! Everything was started with DS kicking a soccerball through the living room wall while he was "playing soccer with the cat." Patched the wall but paint didnt quite match so we painted room another color, which led to the hallway painted another color, which pushed up our plan for new flooring since all the woodwork was already removed for painting. Now that floor is done, we had to get new baseboards, which meant new casings for the doors & windows, which means we will eventually have to sand and stain the doors/jambs/sills to match. Its never ending!

Its my hope that with new floor in, that soon I will get back into the routine making own meals and walking after work. I am so tired of eating out all the time and I am not happy with results of eating out either.

An am happy to report, DH is just about back to his normal ADHD self.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Kathryn,
    I'm glad that your floor is done - you will get back into the healthier eating. Also good to hear about DH doing better. As for your thyroid thing, did the doctor discuss doing a fine needle biopsy? Just curious.
    Big hugs~~
    Lana

Lana - It was the fine needle biopsy which got me to this point. The results were that it was a follicular lesion with calcification which I was told is only a 50-60% chance of malignancy.

Sara - I had 2 doctors review the results. I already have appointments for followup tests in 6 months.

This has been the domino effect home improvement for sure! Everything was started with DS kicking a soccerball through the living room wall while he was "playing soccer with the cat." Patched the wall but paint didnt quite match so we painted room another color, which led to the hallway painted another color, which pushed up our plan for new flooring since all the woodwork was already removed for painting. Now that floor is done, we had to get new baseboards, which meant new casings for the doors & windows, which means we will eventually have to sand and stain the doors/jambs/sills to match. Its never ending!

Its my hope that with new floor in, that soon I will get back into the routine making own meals and walking after work. I am so tired of eating out all the time and I am not happy with results of eating out either.

An am happy to report, DH is just about back to his normal ADHD self.

Kathryn
    Have I told you lately that I love you? (we all hum the song.....)

Well to others on this Beach, that is what we do here.

Kathryn - I know cancer is a whole nuther PITA.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathryn, glad for the floor sorry to pester about the testing some people dont ask for more tests, just making sure.

This weeks weigh in "slammed" by things women get once a month (was TMI for someone one so this is as vague as I can get) and men dont. Lovely.

Doing a happy dance. Need to burn some calories.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!

Checking in again. I feel like everything is so crazy lately. Some family drama here and yesterday was my birthday. Just trying to keep things together and not eat too poorly! All things considered, I think I am doing pretty well (except for the occasional birthday treat or two!)

Hope all are having an OK week. *Waves*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9108 total steps.

Bought some nice new pendants in stones I have never seen. They gave me one in a stone I have purchased before as a gift - seems I am one of their best customers.

Needed all the steps today ate a lot of sugar.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Dog kept getting me up. Finally figured out she was hungry. So she is now happy.

Being mentally flexible at work is key right now. People are moving desks starting tomorrow and things will be quieter for me as the "pink bunny chatterbox" will be at a new desk on Monday. All week long hearing about how she hates it.

Sadly sweets have been my comfort this week. Just is. Making sure I get my walking in.

How is everyone else's week going?

Wave to all who follow. Lurking....
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Aye sorry I've been awol for a while guys. It's been a rough few days. I'm pretty much sustained by rice and beans and Buffy the Vampire slayer. I'm not really looking forward to the event this weekend, just lacking self confidence and hours in a day I guess. :( AND THERE ARE LIKE 10 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS?!?! time is going at super sonic speed aaaaaah.

H4H- holy kitten that is an awful dream.

Brennerjb- do you do bullet journaling?
  • hickchic67
    Options
    only 5441 steps yesterday. feeling totally worn out the past few days. :(

Sara - you got me giggling with the "pink bunny chatterbox" description. we have someone here we refer to as "little bunny fufu" :D Didnt take it as pestering! It means you care! :)

Lana - thanks for the love.....but now I have that song stuck in my head! LOL <3 did the HVAC people get everything taken care of for you?

marsellilove - i agree! time is moving at warp speed for me as well!! we dont even have a stitch of Christmas decor up yet either! :o

H4H - i think i am having nightmares about your nightmare! yikes!

erynvee - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    A

Brennerjb- do you do bullet journaling?
    I don't think so - what is that. I just write. I try and write it all good and bad. Get my feelings out. I don't track my food but more why I am eating and if I over ate, etc.
    kathryn and Sara - I totally have new names for people at work and now I can smile just thinking about it!
    Lana - were the HVAC guys anywhere near as "great" as the Cabana boys?
    Marselilove - warp speed - no doubt. Crazy a couple weeks and we are into 2019! yikes!
    I was keeping track of how many weeks until my daughter's wedding. I have to recount now and get back to it!
    Have a great rest of your Thursday!
    Lynn

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    ErynVee wrote: »
    Hello all!!

Checking in again. I feel like everything is so crazy lately. Some family drama here and yesterday was my birthday. Just trying to keep things together and not eat too poorly! All things considered, I think I am doing pretty well (except for the occasional birthday treat or two!)

Hope all are having an OK week. *Waves*

Happy birthday!
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi all... just breezing through. Have to go back and do thorough catch up. Stunned and amazed right now. Blood test results from doctor are in... prediabetic. I knew over a decade ago it was coming. And yet... I am terrified. I’ve never kept to a good schedule for PT exercises for my back due to severe and chronic depression... therefore not sure about ability to stay consistent with changes required to stave off diabetes.

Been working through anger management workbook and it is enlightening. But sad to see self in the mirror like this... just exhausted. Want a vacation from myself... my life... everything.

Runa
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    currently on hold - :s

Runa - I see "prediabetic" not "diabetic" there must be a long to do list..... start looking at it and what can you do today?

Eryn - I did miss it - oops and I am sorry - I hope you had a great birthday.

Coworker just got a "no cancer" result (throat cancer) and I offered to buy her some jewelry but her husband gave her $$ - smart man. I will not do the happy dance in the lobby as the cameras are on, but I hope to see her soon and celebrate.

Need to put some serious steps on this pedometer today........
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been busy so I haven't been able to check in this week. I've been checking out some of mfp friends logs just now. I noticed a few that had calorie adjusted for Fitbit activity. Am I the only one that doesn't. I kinda feel like my activity is already noted in the original assessment of my activity level to account for the calories I need. This seems to just make the numbers work for the calories consumed that are way over the daily needed. I'm just curious what everyone else does.
  • jtophinke
    Options
    Runa- you can turn the prediabetes around! Stay focused it is worth the fight. My mother was full T2D. Trust me make the small changes. Walk for 10 minutes every hour if you can. That tiny change will make a huge difference.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    total steps 8467.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2018
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Lets all do the TGIF dance!! Burn a few calories, but try not to hurt yourself !!

8i6a5at6zi36.png

ini880hljqsr.png

does that give you any idea of my week? Last day with chatterbox. I am also moving but not too far and nowhere near the Chatterbox - this one is more like a bulldozer than a "fufu" - if she is smart she will take the hint of where they moved her to. We shall see.

Christmas event to go to after work, will take knitting and eat carefully. That's the best I can do. Lady at work gave me a gingerbread man to eat and wants me to wait until Christmas - it is wrapped up and all, but it may not last that long. >:)

Lurking at work. It is Friday after all.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Friday
  • jtophinke
    Options
    Good morning! Got my yoga on this morning. Almost talked myself out of it. Then I remembered I still had to shut off the alarm in my kitchen. So yoga it is I said instead. Tomorrow I'll hit the kettlebell. I need to get to work early tomorrow so I won't have time for a Pilates workout.
    Down 3lbs since the first of December!
  • hickchic67
    Options
    jtophinke - mine shows the calorie adjustment, but that is for my own curiosity. i do not actually go by the adjusted amount. i try to stick as close to my set 1275 calories per day as i can. for me its just a mind thing - it helps promote positive thoughts when i see the calorie adjustment and it shows me that i have xxx calories remaining. i have no intention of eating that much.