JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    Options
    Just want to say: Teachers are heroes! @clicketykeys @Faebert and anyone else!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Ironlady70 wrote: »
    Just for today I will try to love at least a little part of me.

@Ironlady70 ... Hi! I'm Mary! Happy you're here. Feel free to tap me on the shoulder if
    you want to vent, chuckle, or just need someone in your corner.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Scott, and am in WI as well. I recently rejoined MFP, and am looking for some active friends. Please feel free to add me. :smile:

Hi Scott!...@FatGuyFatBike... How are you? Hope all is well
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thursday:
    1. Log food- I am just now logging the day's food. Wants to log as I go to be more mindful!
    2. One sweet only- opps, ate half a choco taco, a few m and m's and 4 mini candy bars
    3. Drink water- 1/2 to goal
    4. No snacks between work and dinner- no I messed this one up, and did a little emotional eating!!
    5. 10,000 steps- I will hit this before bed, sitting at 8,268 right now, I am planning to get up and walk while watching tv after I finish this.
    6. Dinner out make choices and log everything- well I ate not great food, but I did only eat half and saved the other half for later.

Tomorrow's goals:
    1. Log food as I eat
    2. Pizza for lunch only one slice!
    3. Drink water at least 8 glasses
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. Limit the sweets no more that one serving!!

I find my days start out with high motivation, but as the day goes I get weaker and weaker and start wanting to bend the rules!! Trying to be mindful of my goals.
  • fizgig
    fizgig Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is exactly what I was looking for! I hope I am posting correctly. This is not topically something I do but I need extra support; and a way to commit my food/goals. To have ‘someone’ to check in with to see if I was successful. I thought it too big of an ask for just one friend. 🤗 Thank you for being here
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. So my sleep this week is all over the place. Go to bed early to try and deal with it but then wake up before midnight and end up getting up to do things! Last night I got up at 12 and iced the cakes for this evening’s party. But managed to sleep through my alarm this morning so my workout today will have to be a shorter one. But the house looks great for this evening and I think I’m ready!

Thursday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Take things to recycling centre ✅
    - Girls carol concert 2pm and pick up from school early at 3:15pm ✅
    - Pick up alcohol from M ✅
    - Get a tan ✅
    - jet wash garden and front steps?? This may be overly ambitious! And silly as it will be dark...❎
    - Make cakes ✅ They’re in the oven - ice tonight
    - General tidy up and clean ✅
    - Girls pack for weekend ✅
    - Card and wrap birthday gift ✅
    - Bed at a reasonably sensible hour?? ✅

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - Get Uber for kids and nanny to go to school today with all their bags
    - Xmas jumper day at work
    - Sort homework folders on arrival
    - Email K re cooking session with the class
    - Leave by 2
    - Pick up baguettes and ice on way home
    - Final tidy and prep
    - Party! Be mindful with choices but enjoy

Happy Friday all! X
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thursday Status:
    1. Walk for 3 km minimum or start Running challenge - C25K❎ no walking 😕
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya❎
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food done✅
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee✅
    5. Be within the calorie limit❎
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient.❎

Friday JFT (14.12.18):
    1. If I’m early home, do week 1 Day 2 of C25K
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food done
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee
    5. Be within the calorie limit
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient.

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad it's Friday
    Tomorrow I can sleep all I want LOL

Yesterday my partner went shopping,he had to pick up Saskia from school midway through because when I tried to walk there Marley just point blank refused to walk further than the road and then didn't even want to walk home so that was a pain.

So he finished the shoppibg with her, and when he came back with loads of extra stuff I knew she'd used her daddy charm lol!
    But we sell some American cereal over here (Lucky charms, froot loops and reeses?)
    She saw the froot loops and wanted them instantly so he got them her. She was so excited for them this morning..for both her and Marley to hate them LOL

So now they're mine :D I love Froot loops.

Not sure what I'm doing today. Feel like ice left my brain somewhere anyway lol
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday ended up being a total bust. I think I did maybe 1 of my goals. Today is a new day though so we begin again.
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Share the chocolate with coworkers that unexpectedly arrived in the mail from a friend.
    4. Try to slow down and take each thing as it comes at work.
    5. Meditate twice
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    awhit4842 wrote: »
    Well, yesterday ended up being a total bust. I think I did maybe 1 of my goals. Today is a new day though so we begin again.
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Share the chocolate with coworkers that unexpectedly arrived in the mail from a friend.
    4. Try to slow down and take each thing as it comes at work.
    5. Meditate twice

I always have bust days, it's great to just start again! Even if you obky achieve 2 goals today then you still did better than yesterday!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. GRADE ALL PROJECTS. Review S2 plans and compare to S1 plans / notes. Check absences and compare to plans. Check on barn order with K. Continue updating poetry quiz. Check on example poetry project and finish. Write out References for reflection essay. Find analysis of TV programs mentioned. PRINT SOCRATIC FORMS. Duo.
    3. Class 2-3: Reflection time (20 min). Socratic Seminar. Collect ALL reflections. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). CONTINUE GRADING PROJECTS.
    4. Class 4: Put all assessments in Assessments folder. Check Handouts folder for standards. Socratic Seminar. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). TAKE PROTEIN SHAKE HOME
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update class websites. Write blog comments.
    6. Zumba 5:30. CALL LIBRARY. Take gifts for angel tree. Theater on Friday by 6:30. Update Goodreads Friday. Plan article on building up to public speaking for EJ.
    7. Library after Zumba - make buttons. Discuss meals for next week. Marilla p 110-160.
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Fri lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. Check on Plex with C next week. Check on IXL account with math dept next week.

JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. TAKE SHOES. TAKE DRESS.
    2. Finish sub plans. Get sub for 2/7 and 2/8. RS dr. appts for 2/7 - March? April? Put poetry quiz into Google Forms. Blog post. Duo. Still need to set up with gastro. Print directions to Y. Print sub plans.
    3. Class 2-3: Turn in / collect all reflections. In-class essay. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Input Socratic Seminar grades for 4th. Grade Prince analyses.
    4. Class 4: Sub. In-class essay. Capitalization practice. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write reflection essay. BE SURE YOU HAVE CORDS. TAKE ALL GRADING.
    6. Update class websites! WRITE A DOGGONE POST. Plan article on building up to public speaking for EJ.
    7. Therapy. Check on Tuesday appointments instead of Wednesday. Zumba 4:30. Change for theater. Theater by 6:30. Marilla p 176-210.
    8. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00. Check on Plex with C next week. Check on IXL account with math dept next week. Check on barn order next week.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 189.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    3. Create poetry project using Those Winter Sundays, Sonnet 18, and Sonnet 30. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Revise Machiavelli Prince Analysis - Part 1 paraphrased explanation, Part 2 quote & leader choice & explanation, part 3 reflection.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook.
    8. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.
    10. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background. Create buttons at library.

I was a dork yesterday and completely forgot to bring stuff home. And the next time I'll get to go to the library is Monday. Can I remember that long? hahahah I dunno... And I've got a TON of grading that needs to be done, plus I have my therapy appointment this afternoon so I need to make sure I have plans available for my sub and that the paperwork is all filled out. I haven't gotten an email notification and I'm kind of nervous :(
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Water :)
    2. Be kind - focus on the good :| Gosh my inner voice has been hypercritical
    3. Leave work 4:45 :| close...4:30 I couldnt take it anymore
    4. Eat packed lunch :)
    5. Log all food :)
    6. Empty/fill dishwasher :)
    7. Cook dinner at home - make extra rice for lunches :)
    8. 10 squats/bathroom trip :)

JFT Friday AM
    1. Smoothie :)
    2. Elderberry :)
    3. Pack lunches :)

JFT Friday
    1. Water
    2. Log all food
    3. Replace inner critic with inner cheerleader
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. DO SPREADSHEET THATS BEEN PUT OFF AND PUT OFF - atleast 1/2 done by this afternoon
    6. Cook dinner at home - YAY FOR PIZZA!!!!
    7. 10 Wall push ups/bathroom trip
    8. Call Meme Happy Birthday and thank you for books

JFT Sat AM
    1. Smoothie
    2. Elderberry
    3. Head to Moms around 9
    4. Take out something for dinner
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    And another GYM FRIEND brought us all in Gooey Butter cake!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Have you fed your bin recently?
    LOL
    I know it's not nice to do that but they don't know that do they, you could always portion a slice and then bin the rest or give it your daughter?

The cake will be going to Michigan with us ... give it to the grandsons and our son. He'll love that!! Yes, I know they mean well, and no one wants to spend a lot of money. It is the thought that counts .... and so nice of them! But does it have to be sugary stuff!!!! Well.... I am going to return the favor LOL!! The candy my neightbor gave me ... I am going to the dollar store and buy little candy bowls ... and thats what they are all getting. Returning the favor .. right! :D

I think you have brilliant plans for your gym friends. Two stones one bird!!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @HEGoddard0928
    Tooth fairy was a success.

We sang the tooth fairy song "tooth fairy tooth fairy, can you hear me? I have something here that you'd like to see!"

Tbh I made it up on the spot and was well proud of myself lol felt like a lyrical genius!

Anyway yeah I folded a pound coin in some paper with a note in saying thank you for the tooth, well done for keeping them clean and here's a gift in return. And I did the handwriting all swirly and drew stars everywhere.

Great idea with the note and song! Did you hear about the Dad playing tooth fairy while he was drunk and giving 100 instead of 1? I can’t imagine making that mistake!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Good Afternoon Sisters... I love you💕
    I have been sick since Saturday night. Virus.
    I'm not over it completely, and my body has
    been weakened down because of it. I couldn't
    even keep water in me. No worries though....
    LMBO😂😂😂 I AM QUEEN OF MY PORCELAIN
    THRONE... And all subjects bowed down gracefully
    to my weapons, which brought about many sprays
    and attempts at ending the lingering affects of the
    countless blasts I ripped upon my throne.
    Ahhh yes. It is but I, Queen Smellyquin.

Hopefully you feel all better now and have lost your Queen status for that category!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Morning all. So my sleep this week is all over the place. Go to bed early to try and deal with it but then wake up before midnight and end up getting up to do things! Last night I got up at 12 and iced the cakes for this evening’s party. But managed to sleep through my alarm this morning so my workout today will have to be a shorter one. But the house looks great for this evening and I think I’m ready!

Thursday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Take things to recycling centre ✅
    - Girls carol concert 2pm and pick up from school early at 3:15pm ✅
    - Pick up alcohol from M ✅
    - Get a tan ✅
    - jet wash garden and front steps?? This may be overly ambitious! And silly as it will be dark...❎
    - Make cakes ✅ They’re in the oven - ice tonight
    - General tidy up and clean ✅
    - Girls pack for weekend ✅
    - Card and wrap birthday gift ✅
    - Bed at a reasonably sensible hour?? ✅

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - Get Uber for kids and nanny to go to school today with all their bags
    - Xmas jumper day at work
    - Sort homework folders on arrival
    - Email K re cooking session with the class
    - Leave by 2
    - Pick up baguettes and ice on way home
    - Final tidy and prep
    - Party! Be mindful with choices but enjoy

Happy Friday all! X

Have a wonderful party!! Hope you get some sleep this week!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. GRADE ALL PROJECTS. Review S2 plans and compare to S1 plans / notes. Check absences and compare to plans. Check on barn order with K. Continue updating poetry quiz. Check on example poetry project and finish. Write out References for reflection essay. Find analysis of TV programs mentioned. PRINT SOCRATIC FORMS. Duo.
    3. Class 2-3: Reflection time (20 min). Socratic Seminar. Collect ALL reflections. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). CONTINUE GRADING PROJECTS.
    4. Class 4: Put all assessments in Assessments folder. Check Handouts folder for standards. Socratic Seminar. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). TAKE PROTEIN SHAKE HOME
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update class websites. Write blog comments.
    6. Zumba 5:30. CALL LIBRARY. Take gifts for angel tree. Theater on Friday by 6:30. Update Goodreads Friday. Plan article on building up to public speaking for EJ.
    7. Library after Zumba - make buttons. Discuss meals for next week. Marilla p 110-160.
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Fri lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. Check on Plex with C next week. Check on IXL account with math dept next week.

JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. TAKE SHOES. TAKE DRESS.
    2. Finish sub plans. Get sub for 2/7 and 2/8. RS dr. appts for 2/7 - March? April? Put poetry quiz into Google Forms. Blog post. Duo. Still need to set up with gastro. Print directions to Y. Print sub plans.
    3. Class 2-3: Turn in / collect all reflections. In-class essay. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Input Socratic Seminar grades for 4th. Grade Prince analyses.
    4. Class 4: Sub. In-class essay. Capitalization practice. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write reflection essay. BE SURE YOU HAVE CORDS. TAKE ALL GRADING.
    6. Update class websites! WRITE A DOGGONE POST. Plan article on building up to public speaking for EJ.
    7. Therapy. Check on Tuesday appointments instead of Wednesday. Zumba 4:30. Change for theater. Theater by 6:30. Marilla p 176-210.
    8. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00. Check on Plex with C next week. Check on IXL account with math dept next week. Check on barn order next week.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 189.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    3. Create poetry project using Those Winter Sundays, Sonnet 18, and Sonnet 30. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Revise Machiavelli Prince Analysis - Part 1 paraphrased explanation, Part 2 quote & leader choice & explanation, part 3 reflection.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook.
    8. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.
    10. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background. Create buttons at library.

I was a dork yesterday and completely forgot to bring stuff home. And the next time I'll get to go to the library is Monday. Can I remember that long? hahahah I dunno... And I've got a TON of grading that needs to be done, plus I have my therapy appointment this afternoon so I need to make sure I have plans available for my sub and that the paperwork is all filled out. I haven't gotten an email notification and I'm kind of nervous :(

Hope everything goes well for you today.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thursday December 13
    2L of water - 😈
    Calories in Green - 😈😈
    Only 1 Evening Snack 🙂 I shouldn’t have had any though
    5 something at bathroom break - 😈
    5 fruit/veggie - 1/5
    Walk 1 mile - yes but not purposely
    Write in Journal - 😈
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! - 😈

JFT - Friday December 14
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

Kaitlyn came out and painted with me after I made supper. I made homemade burgers and potatoes sliced and baked in the oven. I don’t know why but I made 2 burgers for myself! I haven’t done that in months! I’ll not be doing it again anytime soon!

Kaitlyn is coming back out to watch a Christmas movie with me tonight. I’m looking forward to that!!!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    Options
    Recap Th 12/13 ~ Don't know why but kept hitting snooze alarm this morning. At least I realized sky was getting lighter and I got up in time to get to work as usual. No dog walk before work anyway, with snow and freezing drizzle yesterday, which then froze over night. Our street is all icy again & it was VERY foggy this morning on drive to work. Last night was tricky just getting my car up the driveway and into the garage, had a little slipping going on.
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories green / 14c water = Ack! Ok all day, then snack attack of peanut M&Ms late evening. Oops. Net calories -349 :s , sodium -1,022 :s , sugar -41 :/ , fiber & protein excellent, 15c water (yay)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 11,649 steps, 250+ 12/14 (webinar) & 30 floors :smiley:
    3) Workplace mindfulness hike at lunchtime ~ leave on time (charge phone before) = Almost late b/c on phone with Help Desk trying to resolve system issue for webinar access, so high stress. Grabbed coat & went down one floor when I remembered my phone on the charger and had to run back. But I arrived exactly on time, and it was the BEST medicine to release stress. Being out in nature, being in the present & letting go of the crap that was out of my control. We walked .92 miles (walking app) and 135 calories (Fitbit). Happy me. :D
    4) Work: webinar after hike & enjoy lunch at desk ~ don't inhale :D IT was at my desk when I returned & dealt with system issues just in time for webinar start, and then I started to eat my lunch FAST. Suddenly, light bulb moment, and I remembered my goal to enjoy my food. Immediate impact. :p / run MMT report & upload to SP :smiley:
    5) To-do's: prep international card dagnabbit! :smiley: finally!/ mail packages & card after work :smiley: / choir 6:30 :smiley: / gas in car :smiley: / grocery shop & put everything in its place :smiley: / email SIL :smiley: add bread order to my to-do list / others? nope :p
    6) Unplug 9:00 :s / floss :s / retainers :s / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 :s (treadmill before work F)

JFT F 12/14 ~ Have been so tired... could it be all the stuff I'm trying to cram into every day lately? I think so. Reset early alarm & taking rest day.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    2) Not prelogging food today ~ usual snacks but only ideas for meals / net calories w/i 100 green / 14c water
    3) Bread order for Christmas Day / make optometrist appt / xfer funds / print address labels for cards
    4) Evening: Sam's Club (rotisserie chicken? socks, chocolate) / decorate / declutter 15 min. / read Sunday ads / wash dishes / card & cash for newspaper carrier
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify alarm, bed & TV OFF 10:30

Sat. 12/15 goals:
    1) Winter market by 8:30 (food gifts for mom & dad / produce? bread? eggs?)
    2) Walk dog (roads s/b ok)
    3) Wash towels
    4) Make pea soup
    5) Call Directv re letter
    6) Errands w/ hubby?
    7) Drink 12c water / net calories green
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was a total bust. I’m just going to leave it there and move on. It’s currently 3 minutes to 10(UPDATE! 10:43). We’ve been at the branch less than 2 hours! I don’t know how I am going to make it through the day! It doesn’t help that it’s dark and gloomy out. They are calling for some rain and maybe some snow flurries. It’s one of those days that I wish I was home under a blanket with a cup of coffee and a book. I keep getting side tracked by staring out my big window next to my desk. All it is is the main drag in a downtown section of the town that I live/work in. But I’m so bored that my mind wonders off. Lol. Today is going to be better though! The DH has a PT appointment today. He dropped me off at work today and then is picking me up again at the end of the day so that I can speed him to the appt. Dinner probably won’t be until after 7. I have to ask him if he can see if we have tomato sauce so I can make my Skillet Lasagna recipe. It’s really yummy and we haven’t had it in a while. I also didn’t bring anything for lunch because we don’t really have any fresh leftovers that I would feel comfortable eating. Lol. I think cleaning out the fridge is on the agenda for this weekend. I am running out of clean food containers.

So I am going to stick to my plan and order a salad for lunch. If it is a large one I will only eat half. I want to try what do the “Don’t be afraid of being hungry” that @Sofia_Alegria did yesterday. I used to do intermittent fasting but I’m used to drinking so much coffee in the morning that it was hard for me. I think I might try it again. It wasn’t that hard for me but it’s been so long since I’ve tried to fast. I know it’s been more than a year. I know that I can’t do it tomorrow because we are having a catered lunch by a Title Company that works with our Loan Processing Dept in the back of my branch. Maybe over the weekend. I don’t tend to eat too much during those days.

@Bex953172 I hate it when sleep is illusive! Have you tried taking Melatonin. I have the quick dissolve 5mg ones and they put me to sleep pretty fast but I wake up just fine. I’m not a groggy mess or anything like I sometimes was when I took prescriptions sleep aids. Was the Tooth Fairy quest a success?

@slittlemeister Good luck with the party. I’m glad that you have two people to keep you accountable! That definitely helps!

@toaljasa I agree with you on both accounts! I was describing this group to a coworker and I told her that it was a bunch of women and that we tend to scare the men away. Lol. And I would put the candy in the car or give it away as gifts. Let other people enjoy it. I know I definitely wouldn’t. I would just feel guilty.

@TimeToReduceFat I’ve always wanted to try stevia. How does it taste? Is it anything like sugar? I like sugar in my coffee. Not a lot but I want to try it before I commit to buying any.

@Faebert Have fun at the party. It’s always hard to host one. And that’s a lot of people! I hope your house is big enough. Lol.

@PackerFanInGB Yay for great days! That is awesome! Remember, motivation will dwindle but discipline is what keeps you moving forward. That’s my problem. I don’t have even an ounce of discipline in me. Lol

@Snowflake1968 That’s great! With all the stress from the ending of your job, you should be proud of that loss!

@HEGoddard0928 : Stevia tastes “slightly” different from regular sugar. But I got used to the taste.