The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    scott8210 wrote: »
    Six years sober today.

I found this thread a few days ago trying to find any information about mfp ever fixing the news feed.

I've read a number of posts and can relate to so many. It's not hard to remember waking up hungover with guilt, shame and remorse pouring off me every morning for so many years.

I hope everyone is able to find serenity in their battles. 🙏

Thanks, I really appreciate you input and others on here.
    I'm still going, kombucha has been my rescuer so far. When they fill the fridge with beer etc, I'm filling my kitchen fridge with kombucha, soda water and fruit.
    I feel the worse is yet to come but I'll going a day at a time. Thinking if it gets too tough I'll go for a walk or go to the gym.
    Thanku everyone for your support..xo
  • ElC_76
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Drank wine last night. Bad idea. One glass opened the door to five more. I cannot drink. I have serious problems and feel quite badly about myself today. When will I learn? Day 1 and mad at myself for this horrible hangover I caused. 😕

In the same boat....I cant drink....therefore the only choice is abstinence

Day 16 done and dusted

Me 2. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    Six years sober today.

I found this thread a few days ago trying to find any information about mfp ever fixing the news feed.

I've read a number of posts and can relate to so many. It's not hard to remember waking up hungover with guilt, shame and remorse pouring off me every morning for so many years.

I'm still going, kombucha has been my rescuer so far. When they fill the fridge with beer etc, I'm filling my kitchen fridge with kombucha, soda water and fruit.
    I feel the worse is yet to come but I'll going a day at a time. Thinking if it gets too tough I'll go for a walk or go to the gym.

@ElC_76 That's a great plan to do some exercise if it gets difficult!
  • ElC_76
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    Six years sober today.

@ElC_76 That's a great plan to do some exercise if it gets difficult!

Thanku :)

Also while I was out shopping I came across these inspiring calendars.. :D

dvnskrfaasfr.jpg

Some more ideas when in trouble..
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    hugs for everyone
  • Orphia
    edited December 2018
    Options
    joha5603 wrote: »

Eek, you misunderstood! I was agreeing with you! Your 3am experience description sounded awful and that you regretted drinking, plus your dilemma over wanting more.

I agree it was a success. I love your posts and your progress.

We're good. :) I'm too happy to be snarky. Wishing us all the best today!
    [/quote]

Yay! Thanks. :)

• scott8210
    scott8210 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I posted my story on my feed yesterday; what life with alcohol was like before, what changed and what it's been like after. Feel free to add me if you'd like to read it. Hope everyone is having a great Monday so far!
  • Orphia
    edited December 2018
    Options
    A recent thought.

When you drink to celebrate, or when you don't drink, you still need to spend 99.9% of the time enjoying the moment.

The act of drinking (putting a glass to your lips) isn't really the celebration.
  • ElC_76
    Options
    I posted my story on my feed yesterday; what life with alcohol was like before, what changed and what it's been like after. Feel free to add me if you'd like to read it. Hope everyone is having a great Monday so far!

:) tricky...
  • Orphia
    Options

@scott8210 The MFP wall feeds are borked at the moment so no one will see it.

Could you post it in here? (You're also not allowed to link to a personal site.)
  • scott8210
    scott8210 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Could you post it in here? (You're also not allowed to link to a personal site.)

That's incorrect but doesn't matter as feeds are working again. And I didn't link to a personal site. Sorry for offering. I wish everyone here the best.
  • Orphia
    Options

That's incorrect but doesn't matter as feeds are working again. And I didn't link to a personal site. Sorry for offering. I wish everyone here the best.

Misunderstood again! :( I don't know where to start with that. I'm having a bad week in here. :(
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options

Misunderstood again! :( I don't know where to start with that. I'm having a bad week in here. :(

bad bad or good bad....so confusing....;)