Options

Replies

• joha5603
    joha5603 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Very insightful, Norm.

Ruby, my heart goes out to you. xooo

I heard a funny analogy that made me want to tell the Sober Squad...

Alcohol is like Puffer Fish. Bad things can happen when you eat Puffer Fish. To be safe, avoid the Puffer Fish. :D

vjr78klio6nv.jpeg

Love this!
  • joha5603
    joha5603 Posts: 102 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Side note... how does one change this? I don't think there's any way I'm ever going to get (or need)
    218 g of protein a day.
    zrmx1o562uy1.png
  • Drummer913
    Drummer913 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @joha5603 - "My Home", then "Goals", then "Daily Fitness Goals", the "Edit". Looks like your macro percentages need to be adjusted.

@colindailey - congrats on Day 2! Stay strong. You can do it!
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Drummer913 wrote: »
    I never seemed to notice as much because I was drinking so much myself everyday, but....Man!!...There is ALOT of imbibing going on this time of year! Stay strong Sober Squad! We will be turning the corner on a New Year very soon. Just tie a knot in the end of the rope and hang on a little longer! Strength, encouragement and hugs to those who need it! Day 50 for me! :)
    vingogly wrote: »
    I’m on day 2 after falling off the wagon last weekend after a two-month dry spell. It helps to read the stories of others. Thanks

Keep at it, learn from your relapse, don't get discouraged, and you'll get there. My last drink was the night of January 8, 1992 - going on 27 years ago.

.. <3 thanku for the encouragement :) I think we all can benefit from a little.. :blush:
  • ElC_76
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I’m on day 2 after falling off the wagon last weekend after a two-month dry spell. It helps to read the stories of others. Thanks

Go u!!, u can do this too.. ;):)
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »

Keep at it, learn from your relapse, don't get discouraged, and you'll get there. My last drink was the night of January 8, 1992 - going on 27 years ago.

Happy you stopped by :) I bet you have saved yourself and family a lot of heartache and pain. 27 years - amazing.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    joha5603 wrote: »
    Give a holler if you're struggling today. Admittedly, I am. Also, finding it mildly ironic and humorous that I've chosen to be single and sober and nearly the same time. Greeeeeaaaaaat.

Hang in there! You are stronger than you think! You are gaining control over your life. Happy you can still smile :)
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @Orphia That’s a cute pufferfish and analogy ! I ate that pufferfish recently, but that’s how it goes. Here’s to no more of that for the rest of this year!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @ElC_76 Stay strong. You are amazing to withstand all that booze around you always. I’m so proud of you! Xoxo
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's been posted before but it's a good thing to be reminded of i think
    6u2lqoqusinl.jpg
  • ElC_76
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    @ElC_76 Stay strong. You are amazing to withstand all that booze around you always. I’m so proud of you! Xoxo

Thanku, sweet friend.
    Saying it like that sounds terrible but yr right. It's not exactly a AF haven, but here is ;):smiley:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Give a holler if you're struggling today. Admittedly, I am. Also, finding it mildly ironic and humorous that I've chosen to be single and sober and nearly the same time. Greeeeeaaaaaat.

Hugs! Hahaha, love the irony, and the fact that you find it funny too.

I wonder if drinking was part of why the relationship ended. My OH and I came pretty close when we were both at our worst.

Yes or no, you're better off not relying on alcohol to get you through difficult times.

You've got us for a start! :smile:
  • ElC_76
    Options
    Give a holler if you're struggling today....

Hey, I'm sorry abt your situation.. sending u vibes of strength and love and comfort..

Wishing u peace during this time. I'm very much sympathetic.

U will find special strength through this knowing your safe. <3