12/11 4.00
    12/12 rest
    12/13 life
    12/14 4.00
    12/15 2.52
    12/16 life
    12/17 more life
    12/18 2.00
    12/19 worked, band practice/choir practice/band practice reprise...... No run
    12/20 work
    12/21 3.96 Obviously should have been paying closer attention to GPS.....
    12/22 work. work. work. work.
    12/23 1.50 just to say I did something

Total: 33.38
    @Elise4270 ...consider a chromebook. It's a laptop running on Chome OS, but can also run all google play apps in Android. My acer r11 is touchscreen, and can be folded in laptop/tent/tablet mode. About $160-200

Upcoming races:

January 4, 2019 Hilo to Volcano Ultra 50k Relay. In memory of @keeprunningfatboy

Ticker is my goal for 2018 and (obviously deficient) progress to date:

exercise.png

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    1---2.01
    2---2.0 TM
    4---1.0 TM barefoot for form
    9---3.0 TM
    11---2.0 TM
    14---2.0 TM
    15---4.0 intervals
    16---5.0 intervals
    19---2.0 TM
    22---5.11 intervals
    23---5.69 intervals

33.8/45 miles

Upcoming races
    January 5 BIRR Ultra relay. 50k. Hawaii. For @KeepRunningFatboy
    March 31, 2019 A2A 5k. Ardmore OK
    April 28, 2019 OKC Memorial Marathon (half)
    Run the Year team A 400+ miles
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10710465/2019-run-the-year-group#latest

ETA thanks @rheddmobile ! I think your comment "its like having a thrid arm" got him. We ran and for some reason changed his mind on spending a bit more for my first tablet. I do love it. Now its just how much Android stuff do i want to integrate.

@amymoreorless I want it for the TM and something secret... Haha! Sheesh i can not keep a secret from you guys. I decided to take a few classes, give me something to momentarily succeed at. One is online. I thought it would be easier than the laptop especially when I'm out and about (work lunch). I'll hotspot my phone for internet access. I needed more cool stuff in my life anyway. Be good for that long plane ride in a few weeks too.

@PastorVincent thats the ipad i got. Yes i want the pencil, but figured to purchase that myself at a later date since dh was already so generous (with OUR money). :wink:

@Elise4270 Woo hoo, very exciting!!! You're going to love it!

I don't want to sound like an evangelist, but my iPad changed my life for the better in so many ways.

More productivity, more creativity, more learning. I've done several health and fitness courses on FutureLearn.

What's your class?

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep aw darn it. I may have gone with the Samsung had I had just one person not use/love the iPod! Ah well. Sending virtual high five on the German lessons. There maybe a way to add friends. I had one person try to add me as a friend or something and I emailed tech support telling them I didn’t want any friends. Hahah, there’s no way yet to be unfriendly. Maybe we can find one another. Somehow.

@Orphia I’m taking nutrition and developmental psychology. Easy peasy stuff I like.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent thats the ipad i got. Yes i want the pencil, but figured to purchase that myself at a later date since dh was already so generous (with OUR money). :wink:

Great choice! Congrats!
  • PastorVincent
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hey my fellow iPhone/iPad users... do any of you have an app to track your medication? MFP does not see to do that and well.. I have a friend :wink: that needs to make sure they take a pill twice a day but is pretty forgetful.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    BTW - if you are shopping for Apple Products, ALWAYS check

https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished

Outside of some Black Friday style sale, that link will almost always get you the best price. Pretty sure all of my Apple stuff for the last 10 years has come from that link.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Hey my fellow iPhone/iPad users... do any of you have an app to track your medication? MFP does not see to do that and well.. I have a friend :wink: that needs to make sure they take a pill twice a day but is pretty forgetful.

I use the calendar reminders for things I need to remember. Like trash pickup - there are now 6 categories of trash that get automatically picked up, and each has it's own schedule. I just don't have the extra mental energy to keep track of that along with everything else in my life, so I put them all in the calendar and now I get notifications the evening before with what needs to go out on the curb.

I also know of others who just set up alarms on their phone to remind them to take their meds.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

I use the calendar reminders for things I need to remember. Like trash pickup - there are now 6 categories of trash that get automatically picked up, and each has it's own schedule. I just don't have the extra mental energy to keep track of that along with everything else in my life, so I put them all in the calendar and now I get notifications the evening before with what needs to go out on the curb.

I also know of others who just set up alarms on their phone to remind them to take their meds.

i used to do this
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options

I used to use alarms when I first started my current med.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @msarobix I love the BitGym so far! I’m actually looking forward to a TM run. I downloaded the peloton app, but have yet to open it. I think the BitGym is going to my new best indoor friend! Thanks!

ETA if anyone is on duo and wants to add me, I’m Elise4270 there too.