Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Why do I put the day at the top of my first post?? Because otherwise I lose track (had to check what I put yesterday this morning!!)

We also get New Years Day off, with the idiots near me and their delight in fireworks and guns, I will appreciate the sleep. Decorations at work New Years Eve - window at home 12th Night. Yup coworker was jealous of my neighbor she made some wonderful decorations using coffee filters. New neighbor (until I move workspace) and I are the only people left at the end of my shift. She is a riot and will enjoy getting to know her more.

Lana - hope your Christmas was a quiet one.

Eryn - driving is exhausting and then to deal with your father - glad you see your self care in all that you are going through. Join me on a walk today? I see a thinner person walking the parking lot at work, so in order to get there I have to walk the walk.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work as well.
  • ruthgrps1
    ruthgrps1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    New here, I've been going around this mountain so many times it has to stop, I also have to get fit, by April which is when I see my cardiologist, this morning I have done some yoga this morning and got out of breath, which is worrying as its not cardio, it took me a long time to regain my breath so I am a little worried about myself and my heart health. I am starting my diet today, I am 10 stone, and need to get to at least 9 stone I also store my fat on my stomach which isnt healthy as thats where all your organs are. Wish me luck!
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Talk about the post holiday funk. I caught a stomach bug and I can’t stomach anything. Hope everyone else is feeling good
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I am adding a bookmark to this page. I lost 55 pounds a couple of years ago and have gained back at least 20 (haven't been on the scale in a while). So here I am again. Don't necessarily need to lose down to where I was before and in fact probably won't, but would like to be down around 15. Will bite the bullet Sunday morning to see what the holiday food damage is and hope to stick with it this time around.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,841 Member
    Options

Good morning Ladies~~

Kathryn - Congratulations on your pants being loose. Isn't that the best? Good for you. With something like that being so obvious, you won't worry too much if the scale shows you an odd number.

Sara - Your walking is good for you and Miss Tillie, too. I'm glad that you are getting into it. How has your air quality been, OK enough?

Marseilli - I hope that you soon get rid of whatever has got you!
    Sending Cabana Boys with The Secret Medicine.

Waves to all who follow. My Do List is 14 items long. Flying to Louisville to see sister-in-law and family, so I may be sending only little "peeps" to check in here.

*tossing beach towel and straw hat onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

247.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I will definitely join you on a walk today! As soon as I leave work, I’m getting one in.

Hope all are having a good day! Trying to eat well and drink lots of water.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2018
    Options
    QOTD - your most surprising present someone gave you?

AOTD- Pair of pajamas - so I dont have to freeze going out middle of night for dog and give my neighbors a FB "dont" - hehehehehe. Not as bad as you imagine, but still an improvement.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    AOTD--A cookie jar.
    Reasons it's surprising:
    1. I make no secret that I don't eat cookies.
    2. I have no counter space
    3. My mother, who is well aware of reasons 1 and 2, gave it to me.
  • ErynVee
    Options
    Got a 3.5 mile run/walk in! Started my couch to 5k back up and walked the rest. I feel so much better. Need to keep that in mind.

Now to eat a healthy dinner and relax. Going to work a bit early tomorrow, and then driving to my FIL’s to do Christmas with them!

Hope all are having a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9537 total steps feeling it too.....

Eryn good job with your walk today.

Tracy/Twiley - wow I just wonder if your Mother wants you to make her cookies?? Otherwise I am dumbfounded at your present.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning TGIF!! Woo hoo.

Someone showed me what he got for Christmas his soon to be FIL gave him a video system to watch the dogs that has a treat dispenser - seems dogs have figured quickly out the sound it makes when the treats are dispensed - smart dogs!!

Friend from previous job called, she has new job with accountants- she will ask how much to do 1040 tax filing- I have been making too many mistakes and a second pair of eyes may be worth it if it is not too expensive. She also is the lady who helps with Miss T (mid day outings) and dejunking.

Just glad its Friday - but next week with New Years will be a crazy week again - just not as stressful.

QOTD: Anyone planning on making a New Years Resolution?

AOTD: Mine is dejunking and getting more steps in.

Wave to all who follow- lurking at work.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello! and TGIF
    I am all caught up on the posts. I wish while commenting it would let you go back to previous pages - maybe it does but it seems when I page back I lose my comments. So I cannot quote some of you that I would like to congratulate or send well wishes to.
    we had some sickness in the house, but mostly colds. My daughter here from Denver, left yesterday. house is so quiet again. Good for my belly though. Wow - ate and drank to my hearts content so yesterday and today I feel like someone punched me in the guts :neutral: my own fault - back to paying attention to what I am putting in this body! It was a good holiday for me - blessed for many reasons.
    All my thoughts go out to those that struggle this year and other years. Wish I could help everyone.
    Twiley - hmmm. that is interesting- your cookie jar. gotta wonder about those mom's once in a while.
    Tillies mom - PJ's - LOVE comfy warm PJ's!
    My presents were mostly focused around wine - kinda wonder what that says about me (: but for those who do not know - my hobby is making wine as well as drinking it, so all is good!
    AOTD - treat my body better - healthy choices. dejunking is a grand idea as well!
    This weekend not much in the books for plans - kinda thinking I like that idea.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    It's official, I'm old. Haha I went to first eye Dr appt in many, many years. Somewhat scared at first. The "pre test" she was asking me what number I saw in all the colored dots... could not see most of them at all, with glasses on... panic... rest of test/ exam went well. Eye health is great, thankfully. Mom is legally blind and Gma had cataracts, now glaucoma. I am hoping to get contacts and be able to wear to work. When I explained to Dr about issues with dry eyes and reading microscope, he checked vision on different machine and said I need readers over contacts or, no line readers on glasses...WHAT?! When did I get to that point?! He says it's to do with up close vision and I just need a little extra help... blah... they will be sending me trial contacts, and re check in a couple weeks, just to make sure I am comfortable in the contacts. Then, I will discuss the "readers" UGH...

Tracey-i understand your frustration about the cookie jar gift... from your mom..I continually receive things from Mom or Gma that I know I have mentioned my dislike for. Also, I keep getting the same thing over and over, even if I tell them I already have it. I now have 3 identical Halloween ornaments, because they think they are keeping track of what they have given me, and I don't have the heart to tell them "You just gave me that in September for my birthday" wouldn't matter if I did, because they just don't remember. Maybe, bake/buy cookies, put in jar and regift to your mom?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - many of my eye issues last year was because I needed a huge change in eye glass prescription - eye strain is never worth it - so good for you for going and find a great color of glasses to wear!

Work almost done - bbl.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    8365 total steps taken.

My immediate supervisor enjoys harping on my mistakes, and yet I had a discussion with out manager about herbal supplements having to do with 'brain fog' - wonder how my immediate supervisor will handle that? I am taking vitamins and telling my dr - herbal teas have ingredients that may effect my bp meds, so I steer clear.

When I get to p.o ed at immediate supervisor I go take a longer walk. Thinner person walking parking lot is walking her way there.

Wave to all who follow. Wishing all a great night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- honestly, I probably would have kept putting it off, except Mom offered to help. I'm only getting contacts at the moment. But, looked at frames and found a couple I like. Hope to get new ones next year.

Supervisors just make work more stressful, sometimes. Another reason I decided I didn't want promotion. You can talk to my office Mgr, but she really doesn't listen. I have talked to her, about the same thing multiple times and she acts like I've never mentioned issue once. Not always. She is really bad about cutting you off in mid sentence, and filling in her thoughts, right or wrong. Walking away from frustration is always my answer. Can't say nice things, don't say anything at all. Walk your frustrations away. At least you get to wear earphones. Turn it up and turn away.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog. Knitting projects are now 4- pulled out a half done baby hat and started a scarf for myself. Gift of yarn for Christmas has wire wrapped and while "sparkly" is not something I would expect anyone else to know how to wash and the colors are so cheerful, so it becomes another scarf for me. Is there too many???

Normal errands and add a dog medicine pick up and there is my weekend. What Quiche flavor this week?

Dawn - sometimes problems dont get worked on at work because it involves the people who need to make change to do something - if it involves animal or person safety that is one thing - but most other things like you said are great times for headphones.

Cold wind is cleaning out valley, also makes it easier to go back to sleep in the morning.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My cookie jar now has a purpose. I've decided to keep my alternative flours in it. My canisters have wheat flour, sugar, etc in them for my SO and for dishes i make for the Moose Lodge. So, I'll use the cookie jar to hide my zip bags full of coconut flour and almond flour or my artificial sweeteners.

To be fair to my mom, it is a Pioneer Woman cookie jar in the shape of a dog. I do like Pioneer Woman cookware.
  • ErynVee
    Options
    Happy Saturday all!

Super proud of myself - drove to Jacksonville to do Christmas with my husbands family. Brought my workout clothes and sneakers and went out first thing to do my couch to 5k workout and walk!! Did it in the rain! Only covered 2 miles, but super proud I got it in despite being out of town.

Going to spend the day with family and try to eat decently light. Hope all are enjoying the weekend.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    5434 total - was a lot less....

Mushrooms and ham for quiche tomorrow.

Wishing all a good night