New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I actually like the Pop Tarts Frosted Cinnamon Brown Sugar Cereal A LOT more than I thought! If it had any more filling I think it would’ve been too much, I think it has just the right amount and I love how it’s nice and chewy! In milk I enjoy it but it’s also REALLY good as a dry cereal snack! Very sweet. I will get it again, I’m surprised! Usually my go-to is Golden Grahams but this is definitely better. I don’t see frosting on the cereal itself (or even on the box) but I can taste it 10/10
    3megyfjsjjju.jpeg
    a8czg6h5kywv.jpeg

I LOVE golden grahams so I bet I would like these. BUt one thing is I don't see any of those white chunks I saw in the photo of the box?! Is there none in the the actual cereal? DECEPTIVE! I was hoping for white chunks of icing LOL.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    01thbgdygbts.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    01thbgdygbts.jpg

Ugh, sad, how boring! I am sick of the chocolate pb combo for everything! I was hoping for cotton candy or something new and fun. I guess companies always want to play it safe because they know chocolate pb is a popular combo.

qb541ev5n9im.png

I LOVE berry and chocolate together so I don't care how much cereal I have in my pantry I will be buying these, lol!

Also I am really excited the new year because it seems like a TON of new products launch and are announced early january :) !
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I actually like the Pop Tarts Frosted Cinnamon Brown Sugar Cereal A LOT more than I thought! If it had any more filling I think it would’ve been too much, I think it has just the right amount and I love how it’s nice and chewy! In milk I enjoy it but it’s also REALLY good as a dry cereal snack! Very sweet. I will get it again, I’m surprised! Usually my go-to is Golden Grahams but this is definitely better. I don’t see frosting on the cereal itself (or even on the box) but I can taste it 10/10
    3megyfjsjjju.jpeg
    a8czg6h5kywv.jpeg

I LOVE golden grahams so I bet I would like these. BUt one thing is I don't see any of those white chunks I saw in the photo of the box?! Is there none in the the actual cereal? DECEPTIVE! I was hoping for white chunks of icing LOL.

If there were any white chunks they were REALLY small, but really, it tastes even better and SWEETER than it looked!!!

I WENT IN GNC AND FOUND THIS.
    I GOT A BAG.
    I REALLY HOPE IT’S AS AMAZING AS IT LOOKS.
    *crosses fingers* no bubble gum taste please
    fjhcbydw0yi0.jpeg
  • hgycta
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Well, it doesn’t taste like bubble gum, so that’s a plus.
    But it also doesn’t taste like cotton candy, either :( it’s more like an ungeneralized sweet flavor. It’s not bad at all, but it’s not any better than their other flavors. 272 calories for 1 cup (60 grams) with only 10g protein so a lot higher than their other flavors. Probably won’t get again for that reason, nothing beats their dark chocolate sea salt flavor!
    zvgtpydkj8ai.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Mexicangreensalsa wow they sure do look good though! I have been trying to find them.

Another awesome fiber one bar flavor that’s only available in the uk I think ?! Reminds me of those old Kashi popcorn bars I loved. Maybe the person who tried the others and let us know they weren’t that good will try these too lol. (Then I feel better that I’m not missing out😂) cx1qveqfhje2.jpeg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    7y1czf0zqy17.jpeg
    I found and ate the cinnamon toast churros. They tasted exactly the same as the regular cinnamon toast crunch cereal. I was not impressed.

That is definitely a huge letdown! I read a lot of comments saying the same thing on Instagram.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Beyond Meat Burgers!!!!! Soooooooooooo great!!!!!
  • walkingfit2016
    walkingfit2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

Man I love quest bars, cookies and cream is one of my faves. Smores in my new quest bar love though.

I love the Quest oatmeal chocolate chip protein bars.I nuke them about 10-12 seconds and they taste like a treat to me.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    9lbhjfiaspx3.jpeg

This!!! How many of you would try??
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2018
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    9lbhjfiaspx3.jpeg

I have seen the popular bars made with cricket flour...but I Just can't get over picturing crickets and my boyfriend tried one and said it was disgusting. I actually would try the noodles if they were good though. I wouldn't be the brave first one to try them, I would wait for reviews first haha.

I am interested to try these..

0r3z2wcuybdf.png
    2h47piye57im.png Meatless bacon chips and egg white chips.

0hzqbxeeqxca.png
    And these because I absolutely LOVED the wilde chicken chips. I would buy all the time if they weren't so expensive and if I could find them anywhere besides whole foods.
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    9lbhjfiaspx3.jpeg

I have seen the popular bars made with cricket flour...but I Just can't get over picturing crickets and my boyfriend tried one and said it was disgusting. I actually would try the noodles if they were good though. I wouldn't be the brave first one to try them, I would wait for reviews first haha.

I am interested to try these..

0r3z2wcuybdf.png
    2h47piye57im.png Meatless bacon chips and egg white chips.

0hzqbxeeqxca.png
    And these because I absolutely LOVED the wilde chicken chips. I would buy all the time if they weren't so expensive and if I could find them anywhere besides whole foods.

Ooooh I would try all of those!! Reading about cricket powder presently. Hehe
  • hgycta
    Options
    9lbhjfiaspx3.jpeg

I’ve had cricket chips before and they didn’t taste like anything special, the “cricket” flavor was almost nonexistent with everything else in it... so I’d try this, but I can’t imagine it being that cricket-y! Just seems like a way to build hype and anticipation more than anything...
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, but it's because I don't like meat, it's not really mainly an ethical issue. Saying that? I just couldn't with the cricket stuff. Those black specks in it are too much.

I want to be able to be open to this option for environmental reasons, but nope.

Anyway, that pasta probably has wheat too, so it's out for me anyway because I have celiac. Oh darn the luck. I'll stick with bean pasta if I want protein in my pasta.
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    k...these aren't 'new' to the shelves, but new to me...
    Love the figs - however, I've bought many bags thus far and 1/2 are super soft and yummo and the rest aren't so much...still ok though
    The BDay protein bar is just like candy - super sweet...but so yummy (it's a definite desserty-item for me)
    The Kashi bar isn't as sweet as the pure protein, but better for breakfast - filling w/ all nuts
    pkkrkz23ct94.jpg
    ncwklv98ekxu.jpg
    v2r8iaub0z2h.jpg

Figs are my happy fruit! I love them so!