Accountability-Daily Support/motivation group

Options

Replies

• timetodothis19
    timetodothis19 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well today I somehow did over 9000 steps at work. It was a busy day but I did not realize I took that many steps. Since I was up and around I did not get as much water. I have to catch up on that tonight. Currently at 40oz. Hope everyone had a great Jan 2nd
  • redneck8814
    redneck8814 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Brandon here. Looking to lose weight and get into shape. Plan on asking my girlfriend to marry me at the end if 2019 and wanna be in the best shape possible!!! Looking for motivation and to motivate where ever possible..
  • echoroyal79
    echoroyal79 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wanted to try yoga as well. Have some yoga disc I need to try out. Any tips, advicedqt0mjd33qrg.jpg

Here is mine. Kung pow meet Moana
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Jennifer here. But I like Numerica better.

My kids are getting older and I’d like to spend more time on my health!
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wanted to try yoga as well. Have some yoga disc I need to try out. Any tips, advicedqt0mjd33qrg.jpg

Here is mine. Kung pow meet Moana

Hello Moana! Tips? I'm still a novice but go at your own pace. Whenever I'm out of practice, I feel so tight and stiff but doing it regularly, I'm amazed how quickly my flexibility and strength improves. Love your body and give it time to adapt. Yoga should be enjoyable (with some challenge), not painful. Namaste!
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 of 30 day yoga journey via Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. Completed this journey last year and LOVED it. My trusty tubby sidekick, Kung Pow Kitty by my side. utdkr476yo6n.jpg

I have been wanting to try yoga at home on my non gym days. Would you recommend this yoga YouTube show for a beginner???

Absolutely! She's awesome. In the beginning, if not familiar with yoga lingo, you'll find yourself stopping and looking at the screen to see what she's doing but you'll pick it up quickly. Pause video as needed but the poses get repeated so you'll get the hang of it. She's great about giving optional adjusted, easier poses to try.
  • timetodothis19
    timetodothis19 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 of 30 day yoga journey via Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. Completed this journey last year and LOVED it. My trusty tubby sidekick, Kung Pow Kitty by my side. utdkr476yo6n.jpg

I have been wanting to try yoga at home on my non gym days. Would you recommend this yoga YouTube show for a beginner???

Absolutely! She's awesome. In the beginning, if not familiar with yoga lingo, you'll find yourself stopping and looking at the screen to see what she's doing but you'll pick it up quickly. Pause video as needed but the poses get repeated so you'll get the hang of it. She's great about giving optional adjusted, easier poses to try.

Thank you! We will try it tonight!
  • riley2eat
    riley2eat Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hey guys, I wanted to share something that's not quite about weight loss but is about fitness and health, I hope that's ok. I have a combination of scoliosis and kyphosis and have been trying to motivated myself to do my somatics which are stretches that help me correct my muscles and reposition my spine. Today I took before and after photos to help me see the difference and I just thought they were pretty neat. (Both are of me trying my best to stand up straight)
  • riley2eat
    Options
    Or.... maybe Jk because I cant figure out how to attach a picture...
  • wildmamatiger
    wildmamatiger Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am 32 and 6'0 and looking to get back to a healthy weight after my second child.
    I have previously used MFP to lose 30+ lbs. and am looking to lose 40 by mid-April (it's a contest deadline).

HW: 275 (delivering second kiddo)
    SW: 265
    CW: 260
    GW: 220 (by mid-April)
    long-term GW: 195

My water fountain at work tastes a bit "off" and I keep forgetting to brink my yummy water from home, so H20 has been a struggle even though I'm a big believer in the power of H20.

PLEASE feel free to Jillian Michaels me if you see I haven't logged on. I need it! My bestie and I have been struggling to keep each other in line because we get too soft.

Thanks for the group!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I’m 3 for 3 in 2019! It feels good to start out my day with a workout, it makes me feel so much more productive. My foot is also feeling better so I’m pretty confident that I will be able to re-start my running schedule on Monday! I’m bummed I had to take this week off but better safe than sorry.

Also, last night my husband and I had a good talk about how we both want to get healthier. He said my progress has made him want to get healthier too! He’s always been thin but wants to work on building muscle and eating healthier. I think 2019 will be a great year for both of us!
  • hunterashleyk5426
    Options
    Just finished day 1 of 30 day yoga journey via Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. Completed this journey last year and LOVED it. My trusty tubby sidekick, Kung Pow Kitty by my side.]

Just found it on YouTube and saved it. Looks like fun! I’ll try to do it with you!
  • kt90gurl
    kt90gurl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am Kat, 28. Was thin until I had children, children are now 7 and 2 and it's time to stop blaming 'the baby weight' need to get it off. I binge eat snacks, usually because I am sad or bored and that's part of my problem, I don't have any issues with portion control on actual meals, apart from sometimes forcing myself to have an actual meal, instead of snacks. Today I went over my calorie goal again, but I did set it too low intentionally.
  • riley2eat
    Options
    Does anyone else exercise and stay under their calories for the day but still feel like they're doing poorly because it FEELS like they're eating too much? I know that this mentality is what leads to an unhealthy relationship with food or dieting in ways that aren't sustainable but im finding it difficult to trust that im actually cutting back enough.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    riley2eat wrote: »
    Does anyone else exercise and stay under their calories for the day but still feel like they're doing poorly because it FEELS like they're eating too much? I know that this mentality is what leads to an unhealthy relationship with food or dieting in ways that aren't sustainable but im finding it difficult to trust that im actually cutting back enough.

I felt that way all the time in the beginning. I had so much trouble trusting the process. I always had to remind myself that food is not the enemy, it fuels my body and I need it (just less of it than I was eating before).

Now that I’m down 42 lbs I feel much more confident in how much I’m eating and don’t worry about it as often. But even the other day, I had a pretty big plate of pasta. I weighed it and logged it. I knew it fit into my calorie range. But there was still that small voice in the back of my head saying “You can’t eat all that, you’ll get fat” But I push those thoughts away when they come. I know it’s not true. I know I’m not an exception to the rule - calories in, calories out always works and always will.

Keep trusting that you will see results! Take lots of before and after pictures. Take measurements as well. Sometimes it’s hard to see progress in the mirror so it’s good to have lots of ways to measure progress.
  • flump50
    flump50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    vla246 wrote: »
    Stepped on the scales this morning and I'm up 3.75lbs.i know it's just water so going to up my fluids today.

Today is also my HIIT workout.

I hope everyone has a good one!

I always weigh everyday but it always goes up and down. It just helps me stick to it. But although I weigh each day I still take the weight on a weekly level to see if I've lost. I pick one day, Wednesday and then compare to the next Wednesday. Even though you go up and down the ups get lower and the downs go further. Baby steps. You will get there.
  • imjaswarn
    imjaswarn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I do so need some realistic support and motivation to keep working on it
  • riley2eat
    Options
    riley2eat wrote: »
    Does anyone else exercise and stay under their calories for the day but still feel

I felt that way all the time in the beginning. I had so much trouble trusting the process. I always had to remind myself that food is not the enemy, it fuels my body and I need it (just less of it than I was eating before).

Now that I’m down 42 lbs I feel much more confident in how much I’m eating and don’t worry about it as often. But even the other day, I had a pretty big plate of pasta. I weighed it and logged it. I knew it fit into my calorie range. But there was still that small voice in the back of my head saying “You can’t eat all that, you’ll get fat” But I push those thoughts away when they come. I know it’s not true. I know I’m not an exception to the rule - calories in, calories out always works and always will.

Keep trusting that you will see results! Take lots of before and after pictures. Take measurements as well. Sometimes it’s hard to see progress in the mirror so it’s good to have lots of ways to measure progress.

Thank you! This really helps me feel better :) it's nice hearing you had the same concerns but still made such progress!