Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I confess to eating a whole frozen pizza last night after being trapped in our barn by the cows for an hour in my attempt to feed my chickens. Finally got to feed the birds, then got followed back to the house by the cows. Nothing like having five full grown 1200+lb animals trailing you to make you nervous.

How did they manage to trap you?! :# yeah, I’m not sure I would be happy about that situation either

Lois, my friend, these are somewhat high strung animals that weigh 1200-1500 pounds each. If they get in your way, you're pretty well stuck until they decide to move. And when they want to be fed, they aren't inclined to move. Or when they see you putting out hat, they are inclined to hurry on over.
    I have two broken toes courtesy of Guernsey milk cows who thought I was too slow about feeding.
  • natthefrenchone
    natthefrenchone Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    After starting counting my calories again one week before Christmas, I promised myself the only "cheat day" would be like a donut on that day. Well - today it all went to h***. I got so hungry. I confess that I ate McDonald's fries, sausage Mcmuffin, boston cream donut, large coffee, grilled cheese... on top of my 400 calorie lunch I so carefully pack every day. Better stay on track for the next few weeks. Send help, I can barely breath lol. But sometimes when I just give in, i'm okay to go for another few weeks and its out of my system. It's just that I want to scale to go down quicker than what it will take if I do this the healthy way. I gotta forgive myself for today and move on.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    After starting counting my calories again one week before Christmas, I promised myself the only "cheat day" would be like a donut on that day. Well - today it all went to h***. I got so hungry. I confess that I ate McDonald's fries, sausage Mcmuffin, boston cream donut, large coffee, grilled cheese... on top of my 400 calorie lunch I so carefully pack every day. Better stay on track for the next few weeks. Send help, I can barely breath lol. But sometimes when I just give in, i'm okay to go for another few weeks and its out of my system. It's just that I want to scale to go down quicker than what it will take if I do this the healthy way. I gotta forgive myself for today and move on.

Hang in there. Get some planning ahead done. Eat enough so you aren't hungry.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @melissafeagins - what is the latest news from up there?
  • melissafeagins
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Something started a fire in a building that was out of production for maintenance (thank God) at Holston Army Ammunition Plant. They made a decision to let it burn because putting it out was harder/more dangerous than a controlled burn. Unfortunately, that also means that there was one large explosion and two smaller ones.
    We had already received the one patient who discovered the fire for observation, but no one warned us that there was explosive dust all over the building so when it went off the first time and shook the freaking whole town, panic ensued for a little bit.

ETA: my local paper has coverage: www.timesnews.net
    The link breaks when I try to copy it.

ETA again: the bit about it being down for maintenance came from a friend who works there. It is not mentioned in the news article. Live munitions in production would have been a disaster of epic proportions.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Something started a fire in a building that was out of production for maintenance (thank God) at Holston Army Ammunition Plant. They made a decision to let it burn because putting it out was harder/more dangerous than a controlled burn. Unfortunately, that also means that there was one large explosion and two smaller ones.
    We had already received the one patient who discovered the fire for observation, but no one warned us that there was explosive dust all over the building so when it went off the first time and shook the freaking whole town, panic ensued for a little bit.

ETA: my local paper has coverage: www.timesnews.net
    The link breaks when I try to copy it.

ETA again: the bit about it being down for maintenance came from a friend who works there. It is not mentioned in the news article. Live munitions in production would have been a disaster of epic proportions.

Wow. So glad you are safe.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess to eating a whole frozen pizza last night after being trapped in our barn by the cows for an hour in my attempt to feed my chickens. Finally got to feed the birds, then got followed back to the house by the cows. Nothing like having five full grown 1200+lb animals trailing you to make you nervous.

Wow. Glad you are ok. They were HANGRY!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I chucked logging anything pretty much for the last few weeks. I can't remember the last day I completed and closed out. My former good habits have gone out the window. The craziness of the year is over and time to get back to what I need to do. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and new year.

We are all mostly doing a reset.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Christmas decorations are down, we have a very sad looking tree now. I won’t be able to dispose of it until tomorrow, so a sad tree for the evening it is.
    I have 2 mince pies left and that is the Christmas food done for this year.

Looking forward to a new start on Monday :)
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I start back at work on Tuesday after over a year off. I cannot remember any usernames, reference websites, passwords or procedures. I have this stuff all written down in various places but we moved premises while I was away. I really hope nobody threw out my stuff during the move!

Good luck, Anne-Marie!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I start back at work on Tuesday after over a year off. I cannot remember any usernames, reference websites, passwords or procedures. I have this stuff all written down in various places but we moved premises while I was away. I really hope nobody threw out my stuff during the move!

Wow. That will be wild, huh? Do you get a year for maternity?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

That must be exciting and terrifying all at the same time. Are the kids going to daycare?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I hope your first day back is terrific!!! Good luck!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Christmas decorations are down, we have a very sad looking tree now. I won’t be able to dispose of it until tomorrow, so a sad tree for the evening it is.
    I have 2 mince pies left and that is the Christmas food done for this year.

Looking forward to a new start on Monday :)

Confession: I have taken nothing down yet. :|
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    One of my scary new year's goals is to basically be a better Christian/church member. Basically, not just someone who shows up on Sunday, sits in the pew for an hour, and that's it for the week.

I go to a biggish church (I think about 3000 members altogether). So, to keep the church more personal, they do Groups, where people meet during the week outside of church. The group can have any type of focus. There are fishing groups, and board game groups, and biking groups...all kinds of things. I've meant to join a group for a couple years, but have been scared to. Plus, all the women's groups are like scrapbooking or tea parties... :s I was always interested in the men's groups, football and ATVing, etc.

So, Sunday, in church, my pastor has me stand up during his sermon, introduces me as a powerlifter and uses me as an example of how you need a "spotter" in life. :blushing: After the sermon, a lady in a wheelchair comes up to me and tells me she's a powerlifter, too. The wheelchair threw me off, but she explained she's a full-leg amputee due to a motorcycle wreck and lifts wearing a prosthesis. Long story short, she and I are going to start our own group for anyone interested in lifting weights. Twice a month at the local rec center.

I'm terrified. I'm terrified I won't be Christian enough. My inner introvert is terrified. I also see God's plan behind the whole thing. Crazy and amazing and super scary!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    One of my scary new year's goals is to basically be a better Christian/church member. Basically, not just someone who shows up on Sunday, sits in the pew for an hour, and that's it for the week.

I go to a biggish church (I think about 3000 members altogether). So, to keep the church more personal, they do Groups, where people meet during the week outside of church. The group can have any type of focus. There are fishing groups, and board game groups, and biking groups...all kinds of things. I've meant to join a group for a couple years, but have been scared to. Plus, all the women's groups are like scrapbooking or tea parties... :s I was always interested in the men's groups, football and ATVing, etc.

So, Sunday, in church, my pastor has me stand up during his sermon, introduces me as a powerlifter and uses me as an example of how you need a "spotter" in life. :blushing: After the sermon, a lady in a wheelchair comes up to me and tells me she's a powerlifter, too. The wheelchair threw me off, but she explained she's a full-leg amputee due to a motorcycle wreck and lifts wearing a prosthesis. Long story short, she and I are going to start our own group for anyone interested in lifting weights. Twice a month at the local rec center.

I'm terrified. I'm terrified I won't be Christian enough. My inner introvert is terrified. I also see God's plan behind the whole thing. Crazy and amazing and super scary!

Christianity is a practice. Don't worry you won't be 'enough'. You grow. Get out there!
  • melissafeagins
    Options

I think this is awesome and will be praying for you.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Wow. That will be wild, huh? Do you get a year for maternity?

We get up to a year off in the UK, with the first six weeks on 90% salary, then a fixed £135 a week for 33 weeks then nothing after that. But you are entitled to any holidays you would have accrued while on parental leave, so I tracked all those on to the end of my leave making it about 13 months off. Our maternity pay is actually quite rubbish compared to a lot of European countries, but infinitely better than the USA! I don't know how you manage. I don't understand why your policy makers don't value parenthood more (not just motherhood, after the first few weeks, the dad can take the leave instead of mum if they want to).