Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Unpopular opinions

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Fiber is unnecessary

But what if all we ate was steak sandwiches and we got constipated?

Fiber constipates me (no matter how much water I drink). Fiber is unnecessary roughage and taxing to the intestines. I've dramatically lowered fiber and am finally having regular bowel movements and less bloating/pain.

It has the opposite affect on me. My fiber intake is now 40g+ a day and I'm 'regular' 2-3 times a day. To each their own!
  • SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    Fiber is unnecessary

It's real necessary for me. If I don't get close to what MFP recommends for me I'm super constipated.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited January 2019
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I hate steak 🤢

giphy.gif

I dunno - I hated steak well into adulthood because growing up economically pinched the only steak we ever had was a pan-fried cheap cut that was so tough I could barely chew it. When I was finally introduced to a good cut of meat prepared properly I was converted, but honestly, I wouldn't even have tried it without a lot of persuasion.

I had that same experience when I was a kid. Chuck steak was tougher than a boiled owl.

:open_mouth:

Have ever tried to get an owl into a crockpot, they are tough. Lol

Let's back up. Have you ever tried catching an owl in order to put it in the crockpot? :D:D
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I hate steak 🤢

giphy.gif

I dunno - I hated steak well into adulthood because growing up economically pinched the only steak we ever had was a pan-fried cheap cut that was so tough I could barely chew it. When I was finally introduced to a good cut of meat prepared properly I was converted, but honestly, I wouldn't even have tried it without a lot of persuasion.

I had that same experience when I was a kid. Chuck steak was tougher than a boiled owl.

Let's back up. Have you ever tried catching an owl in order to put it in the crockpot? :D:D

You have to be very very sneaky.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    I hate steak 🤢

giphy.gif

Do owls taste like chicken? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I hate steak 🤢

giphy.gif

More like Bald Eagles.....
  • L1zardQueen
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I hate steak 🤢

giphy.gif

More like Bald Eagles.....

You are Canadian? We eat turkey down here.
  • L1zardQueen
    Math. Urgh
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Math. Urgh

That's why you go with big round numbers. Much easier to calculate 20% of 100.