Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    Rori- Hugs and healing thoughts!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    @clowe1028, I’ve got internet. I don’t think that’s the problem because I mainly use the laptop and have been able to log and see my feed there, but for the last few days, I can’t do either. We’ll see!

Aliza, sounds like a great plan after your DH retires. So exciting!

Heather, your dining room table looks so inviting. Just beautiful! The menu is great!

@pipcd34, it’s not the procedure that’s so bad, it’s the prep! LOL! Hope it all goes well.

@cariwaldick, I know what clearing the cache is. I’ll try that. Thanks so much!

@SuzOh, sending a friend request now.

@Vickil57
    Glad Ollie is doing well and not upset about his little trip.
    Thanks! He’s still doing great.

@coastalgosgal, that dinner looks amazing!! You have the same dinnerware as my niece. Love it!

Hope you’ve all had a great day. I’m moving my guest bedroom to the bonus room upstairs and making the downstairs bedroom a home office. I can do part of my job at home and hope by having a home office I can do even more here. I’ve been looking for a desk for a couple of weeks and went by a friend’s house this afternoon. She’s got several she’s looking to get rid of and one of them is perfect for me. I asked her how much she wanted for it … and she said ZERO! Right in my price range! I’ll post photos of the room when it’s put together.

Have a great evening!
    Bonnie in Nashville TN

the prep stuff has never bothered me either.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    Soooooo apparently NFL is having technical difficulties that started on Monday. I went to tech support. They are aware and actively working on it.
    Just an fyi.
    Ky
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Did the Step by Step DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Elle Glam’s Total Toning DVD.

Welcome everyone new!

Aliza – when will your husband be retiring? Sounds like a lovely trip you have planned.

Started helping Vince take down the Christmas decorations. I’d already taken some of the decorations off the main tree, we got the ones off the Star Trek tree (good by Trouble with Tribbles ornament….see you next Christmas!)

I swear, whenever GS Cookie season starts, it never fails that it’s cold. It was absolutely beautiful yesterday, the cookie season starts today and what’s happening…they’re predicting snow on Saturday!

Lisa – I hope the appointment comes thru for you real soon

Pip – is this the first time you’ve had a colonoscopy? I agree with katla, the prep is the pits

Heather – “restaurant chez Heather”, how appropriate!

Kylia – I can hardly imagine the euphoria that Paige must be feeling

Rori – hope your hand gets better fast so you can come here. We’ll miss you. Just read, don’t post.

Pip – I never heard of not being able to have bread, tomato or onion before the colonoscopy. I can understand the tomato – I know you can’t have red Gatorade. But bread and onion?

Had the Newcomer general meeting. One more to go! Website update: I have no idea what’s going on. I’m just doing my job the way I know how. I’ve decided that if Adra wants me to learn how to put people on the new directory, first I’m going to express my concerns to her. I honestly don’t want anything to do with this new directory. I’m still trying to figure out why we’re reinventing the wheel.

Dentist tomorrow...fun, then take things to the soup kitchen and then volunteer at the Green Room

Michele in NC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Janet- Matthew is adorable. Thanks for sharing.
    Rori- sorry about your hand issues. Take care of you.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did the Step by Step DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Elle Glam’s Total Toning DVD.

Welcome everyone new!

Aliza – when will your husband be retiring? Sounds like a lovely trip you have planned.

Started helping Vince take down the Christmas decorations. I’d already taken some of the decorations off the main tree, we got the ones off the Star Trek tree (good by Trouble with Tribbles ornament….see you next Christmas!)

I swear, whenever GS Cookie season starts, it never fails that it’s cold. It was absolutely beautiful yesterday, the cookie season starts today and what’s happening…they’re predicting snow on Saturday!

Lisa – I hope the appointment comes thru for you real soon

Pip – is this the first time you’ve had a colonoscopy? I agree with katla, the prep is the pits

Heather – “restaurant chez Heather”, how appropriate!

Kylia – I can hardly imagine the euphoria that Paige must be feeling

Rori – hope your hand gets better fast so you can come here. We’ll miss you. Just read, don’t post.

Pip – I never heard of not being able to have bread, tomato or onion before the colonoscopy. I can understand the tomato – I know you can’t have red Gatorade. But bread and onion?

Had the Newcomer general meeting. One more to go! Website update: I have no idea what’s going on. I’m just doing my job the way I know how. I’ve decided that if Adra wants me to learn how to put people on the new directory, first I’m going to express my concerns to her. I honestly don’t want anything to do with this new directory. I’m still trying to figure out why we’re reinventing the wheel.

Michele in NC

Have had about 3 or so. Raw veggies , no seeds. My bread has seeds. This stuff is different than the go lightly that I’ve had b4. The is new stuff. Sis had colon cancer which is y I should have them more often than most
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Tonight I ate some boiled carrots with a tsp of butter and brown sugar. I had a meal for lunch of:
    leftover lasagna noodles(2)
    1/2 cup sauce,
    1/4 cup black olives
    4 pieces of canned stewed tomatoes
    2 cups of spinach
    1/4 cup of cottage cheese.
    It was all dusted with a bit of parmesan cheese!
    So I figured a light dinner was in order!
    I know I need to eat more protein, but I have a small steak marinating in the frig for tomorrow. √

Hugs ladies
    💗Rebecca
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :)<3Rori,sorry to hear about your hand. You have a great attitude and great patience. You'll weather this bump in the road just as well as you have the others.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,839 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    M in Oz: I’m sure the Christmas decorations will not evaporate while you’re doing things that are more essential than undecorating. You’ve had a very long todo list for a long time. :star:

Way too long!

Machka - love the quote. That is how I used to schedule staff and logistics, I would not enjoy doing it in my personal life too.

I feel like I'm scheduling staff and logistics.

If it were just me and my schedule, it would be pretty easy, but it's both my husband and me.

With his stuff, I have to make sure he can get there in lots of time so he isn't stressed and I need to space things out for him so that he doesn't have stuff every single day. If I need to be there too, I need to schedule it early in the day, late in the day or at lunch.

And then, it's also the people involved in his recovery. One of those people is trying to book him in for some assessments with another person. She would just book things whenever they suited her, so I've insisted she run them past me so that I can approve them.

And some will be ongoing appointments, but I need for him to go to the first appointment so they can determine how many more he might need and how frequently. When that's set up on the calendar, there are 3 or 4 other things I need to slot in somewhere in between.

On the transportation side, we both take the bus and walk most of the time now, so I've got to make sure these things are at a convenient time for the bus, with enough time to walk. So ... definitely no back-to-back appointments some distance away!

Plus I do need to work ....

Fortunately I've got a couple months off uni!!

I'm just glad I've taken project management courses!! I should fire up Microsoft Project and put this all in. :lol:

Machka in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janetr Matthew is delish.

Rori Ow! Hope your thumbs & fingers heal quickly.

Felicia Like emeralds, the Caribbean!

+++++++

That picture of baby Aubrey brought me up short! For a brief moment I saw Olivia, and then realized it was Aubrey. Wow. That was an odd experience. So glad Aubrey is doing well! It must be heartbreakingly sweet to hear her little voice crying and cooing...

Karen in Virginia
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Morning
    I've nothing planned today so can concentrate on house work (lucky me :) ) I'm still trying to declutter, I think I've got the kitchen under control, I try to make that the first job of the day. Still lots of work to do in the dining/computer room though. I have far too much "stuff" but it's hard to get rid of things - well for me it is. As Fly Lady would say "baby steps" but I easily get overwhelmed and do nothing :(

Janet Bear and baby great grandson are soooo cute - my niece has a husky cross called bear, I'll have to try and post a photo of him.

Kylia How wonderful for Paige being able to hold her baby.

Felicia Oh no stung by Jellyfish, feel better soon.

Heather your table looks amazing, love the colour of your dining room too. Once I declutter our dining room I want to decorate it, but at the moment it is multi tasking as a laundry room (clothes horse near the radiator) and computer room, plus home for books and DVDs :o no wonder it looks cluttered! We do eat there too, but mainly on a Sunday when we have lunch.

Welcome to the new people sorry I forgot to make a note of your names.

I'd better make a start, have a good day ladies.

Viv UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon, evening, my chickens,

Rori - Arrrgggh! I cannot STAND trying to type when I have any finger out of commission. I don't know the keyboard by sight, and it's so frustrating. I don't feel your pain (and I'm sorry you have it), but I feel your frustration!

My only day where I'm working at home all day long, and plan to enjoy it. Only one meeting today, but between now and then, I have to figure out an entire federal grant that we need to re-apply for in two weeks, so a busy morning. Off to the races, kids...

Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    was having issues with MFP yesterday afternoon and couldnt log or check in with you all...
    well taking care of Kitty and my FIL and working is keeping me busy,but what I get paid from Kitty will go into a vacation fund. I really need one and hopefully will get one this year.
    Writing out 2 sympathy cards as Mary's brother died a week ago Saterday..she has lost 2 brothers and a father all to cancer... all within the last 4 yrs, and her poor mom who is the sweetest thing turned 84 the day before her son passed away.. I can't imagine the heart ache. She is strong though...
    today I will go walk the dogs, feed DFIL and then go take care of Kitty.. she is just adorable and I dont mind working for her at all...