WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    Lisa Safe travels today! o:)

Katla It is a true blessing to have a life partner who will strip your bed when you have had an accident. It's so humiliating to make that kind of mess, and having someone there to restore normality is nothing short of a gift. (((Hugs)))

Pip It sounds as if your colonoscopy prep went OK! In just a few hours, you'll be all done and home again thinking about what delicious food you will eat! Yay!

Sue Sorry to hear your husband is in the 2%. I hope something will work for him. You must be feeling worried. :(

Machka Congratulations!! And I love the duck analogy. You've been quite Ducky the last year... Oh, and what a gorgeous selfie you posted. Wowza!

KJ I hate that you to have to wait to get your innards straightened out. Ugh. (((Hugs)))

+++++++++++
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Yvonne in TX: You’re in good company here! We manage to fill pages with words every day, and our English speakers are from both hemispheres, north and south of the equator, east and west of the prime meridian. Word Nerds post here every day. :smiley: I’ve never heard of cold sculpting. I’d love to learn about it. Have you seen Marlo Thomas and her St Jude’s commercials? Oh my! The woman is in her 80’s and has the face of a twenty something. :noway: ...

Have a great day, everyone!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

==

Marlo Thomas has aged beautifully, hasn't she? Here is a slide show through the years: https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2018/03/07/marlo-thomas-then-and-now-see-the-that-girl-star-through-the-years/23379854/##slide=7268243#fullscreen

++++++++++++

Yesterday I had an interesting experience with my brainiac grandson. Wednesday he had protested working on reviewing Civics for his semester assessment Thursday, so we negotiated, and I agreed to clear Thursday's schedule for the review and assessment - all in one day. So I get to his house, and he says, "Grammy, I want to take my first attempt on the test now, then review, then take the test again." This is allowable (they change the questions for a second attempt), so we did it...and he got an A (not 100%, though) on the first test without studying. Geez. We reviewed the missed-question topics, he took the second attempt, and received 100%. All told, we spent about 45 minutes on Civics. I had promised him the rest of the day off thinking this would take all morning, so he was free for the rest of the day. I think I got conned.

I think we might get a bunch of snow this weekend. We asked for Amazon gift cards for Christmas this year and bought a snow thrower. I'll be using the tractor with a snowblade for the driveway, and my partner will take care of the deck, front porch, and sidewalk with the snow blower...then we'll head over to the neighbors' houses and do it all over again...if we get any snow...

Karen, Hunky Keen in Virginia

Those are the cons that you welcome! He is doing so well!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: Congratulations on passing your course with high distinction! WTG!!!

(((Sue))) Keeping you and your DH in my prayers. :heart:

We’re up in the middle of the night washing bedding due to a tummy problem for DH. We ate something new for us, and that could be the problem. We checked the ingredients carefully and there didn't seem to be anything he shouldn't have. He also had beer, which he’s been tolerating for the past while—it is a gluten free beer. He has had a tough time for a long time. My heart aches for him. :cry:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

[[[[[[[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]]
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    yeah Pip doesn't it feel so much lighter after the prep? Of course, I went right back to eating again, after a very long nap. Good for you to get it all done. o:)

NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip I'm with NYKAREN - nap and a delicious meal.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Good news Pip!

Food first for me afterwards. I was starving, they were running late. I didn’t need a nap after the propofal induced nap.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    So sorry Katla! Hugs!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    <3
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @traceymctague, preach!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    We had to wait in for an Amazon delivery this afternoon, so we went out in relays.
    I went to the fish market and bought sea bass plus bits and pieces. Then DH went out to buy milk and veg, fruit,
    Then I went out on the bus to buy recherché items that are not available locally. :D
    Dinner was seabass with harissa, masses of brussel sprouts, mushy peas and a few oven home fries.
    Delicious!

For next week I now have a Swing Dance class with DH in the evening, a yoga class and a contemporary dance class. I am looking forward to the danceclass, which is for over 60s and is a kind of modern ballet with creative input. I have done that kind of thing before and loved it. The company does performances, but I couldn't give it that commitment. I want to meet people of my age with a like mind with a view to making friends.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ I Googled "etch" and found that there is one in Nashville, Tennessee! Interesting! :)
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Made it home and am at work today. I am very tired, as we didn't get home until 2:00 a.m. pacific which is 5:00 a.m. Cancun time. So, yep. Really tried and a little punchy. I still hope to post a couple snorkeling pictures, but I walked out the door today with out the flash drive or CD.

Felicia, missing Mexico but happy to be home in
    Willamette Valley, Oregon