Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    I want to share the lesson I learned today: Taking care of myself can be something as lame as saying, "I changed my mind, I am not able to do that now." OR before I agree to do someone a favor, "Let me think about that, & get back to you...." OR "NO!! But, if I change my mind, I'll let you know."

Is anyone else out there recovering from people pleasing?? ;)

Yes and I have been saying, "Let me think about it" a lot now. It is my thing to do. Otherwise I say I will do it and get overwhelmed quite a bit and have the potential to drink or overeat.....
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Ke22yB wrote: »
    To all the January Birthday 🎂 celebrations
    Happy birthday
    I am celebrating on the 25th the 10th AF birthday for me
    I started a tradition on my 65th running 1/10th of a mile per year
    This year I will run 🏃 7.1 miles to celebrate 71 years
    This is what my sobriety and weight loss has given me the ability to do every year
    Fortunately I am celebrating this year at my daughters house in California
    I hope to continue this till I am 80 and run 8 miles

You are inspiring! Happy Birthday, too!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    @razorcut. AWESOME!!!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,513 Member
    @Fitness327wk It definitely sounds like you hear where I am coming from. My husband and I were also drinking buddies so this is a big change for him. I get that. He is not actively trying to sabotage me at least. I'll be grateful for that much.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @Fitness327wk It definitely sounds like you hear where I am coming from. My husband and I were also drinking buddies so this is a big change for him. I get that. He is not actively trying to sabotage me at least.

I do! Thanks for your understanding!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @Joha5603 Glad to see you back and thank you for your honesty and for sharing the difficult stuff <3

@Drummer913 Hi there!!! :)

Welcome to all the new faces. Lots of great comments!!