The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    After a week of feeling off, I know why now. Yes, it was my work but it was also the onset of kidney stones. Tonight I sit here drinking. Drinking water...glass after glass trying to flush my system out. But no complaints as it could be so much worse and I could be reporting that I have to start over on Day #1. But no, Day #15 is almost here. Congrats to everyone who is celebrating any AF day! Woot!

Oh dear!! "Tonight I sit here drinking." Yeah that scared me for a second, ha ha. Good job on writing it that way, ha ha. Good job on keeping the demon alcohol away. Like you would need that right now.....
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    The biggest impact that drinking had on my diet was two fold - choices I made immediately after and what I ate for breakfast to try to quiet my stomach the next morning. Sometimes I think we should learn to use salt licks like animals. Not that I think that's healthy, but a lot of times that is really what I was after when I would eat a bunch of potato or corn chips.
  • tifano
    tifano Posts: 155 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @tifano. Very powerful stuff. I saw a photo of Artie Lang, a comic, on line yesterday. His nose is completely destroyed by coke. I've never seen anything like it. Friends on twitter are apparently begging him to seek help. Addiction really is a monster that grabs you by the throat and doesn't let go. I am glad my only vices have been cigarettes and alcohol. Those are bad enough.

I just went out and looked.... So heartbreaking. Addiction will gladly take anything and everything. So cunning, baffling and powerful

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    I have been sober for 14 days and counting and I am into it! I just feel happier and more stable, because my hang overs were the worst and it didn't take much for me to get a really bad hang over (and the moods that went with it). I haven't really noticed any other changes, but I have been sick with a cold for weeks so maybe I'll notice other things once I get 100% well again. Looking forward to discovering what this new lifestyle will do for me moving forward. Happy to make new sober friends on mfp - feel free to add me.

Congrats, great! Added you!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    I found the Artie Lang article online. Very sad. Sounds in terrible pain over his addiction.
    @Ke22yB Happy Early Birthday! xo
    @thiswillhappen Congrats! Yes it is amazing even in 14 days how calm we feel.
    @JenT304 @KristaFIRE Great observations of all the benefits!
    @tifano “the seductive and deadly allure...... “ love the last few sentences especially of your quote.
    @Fitness327wk Stay motivated! You’re doing awesome !
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    The biggest impact that drinking had on my diet was two fold - choices I made immediately after and what I ate for breakfast to try to quiet my stomach the next morning. Sometimes I think we should learn to use salt licks like animals. Not that I think that's healthy, but a lot of times that is really what I was after when I would eat a bunch of potato or corn chips.

Or water??
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Interesting view from an addiction counselor about the root of addiction stemming from abuse. It's on YouTube, "Complex Trauma 1" No real surprise as far as I'm concerned. It's an interesting watch. So far I've only watched part of it but it is in line with other videos on CPTSD & simplifies it with a very clear break down. If anyone has been diagnosed with this, it's worth watching. Hope it helps anyone affected. <3