The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @CarvedTones Glad to know I'm in good company..
    @kpk54 Glad to know my speech is circumstantial and not tangential.. After reading this thread in its entirety I have had many more thoughts and feelings about drinking behaviors related to what you all have experienced, so there's potentially lots for me to say.. Trying to pick the best points
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    @Yellowstone1983 Welcome to our group. We are glad to have you. I too, replaced cigarettes with alcohol years ago. I've been on and off stopping/starting drinking for at least 5 years. I , like many here, am committed to a completely AF January. We are nearly half way done with the month! No drink is worth it...I would be disgusted with myself. I am happy you are trying to quit while your child is young. I drank way too much in front of my children who are now grown. The one who now has children of her own, for months, would taste my drink before she let me babysit. It was humiliating but I said nothing. I deserved it. I think she finally trusts that I would never ever drink while caring for her children, and that is line I would never cross. Anyway, I am happy you are mindful of your drinking. Kids notice everything.
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @JenT304 , @Fitness327wk , and @whitpauly - Thank you all for the welcome!

@JenT304 - You're right, kids don't miss a trick.. He wants everything mommy has.. cute when he gives me a big smile and reaches for my coffee mug, but not so cute when it's a cider or wine..

@CarvedTones- Congratulations!
    @Normlnv - Congratulations!

@MrSunshinez - Hope you feel better!

@MJaRT25 - I am impressed by you as well as everyone else who doesn't let a slip turn into a fall.. I'm very all or nothing when it comes to goal setting and accomplishments.. So for me, I need to be very cognizant of my tendency to say screw it if I derail a little..

@RubyRed427 - Your suggestion of journaling is a great one.. I at least took pause today when I had thoughts of drinking and realized that if it's not to unwind after a long day, it's usually when I'm really angry about something and feel like I need something to literally depress the anger.. As a wise person once told me though, "Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to die." Well no literal poison for me today.. Went to my office to relax/get out of the house.. Here's to day 6..

@whitpauly - I lost a long post too and I think I clicked the 'go' button up by 'search discussion ' instead of the 'post reply' button