JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ ROUND 65

Replies

• BethE238
    BethE238 Posts: 222 Member
    @bryony_bby I wear my Garmin on my ankle because I don’t swing my arms when I walk. I also realized that I wasn’t getting steps for grocery shopping because I was pushing the cart. My original step counter was made to clip in a shoe which really makes more sense to me than on the wrist.

Not getting steps at the grocery store is one of my biggest pet peeves 😂. Doing a Costco run can be 3k+ steps for me!
  • FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    @texasfarmer You've done great, but the painful headaches are a high price if keto is the cause. I hope changing your diet alleviates the headaches. As long as you keep moving, CICO will work and keep up your momentum. You'll get there!
    My daughter has done well with keto, but she just returned from a cruise and said the skin on her leg is numb. I don't think the diet would cause that, but I'm concerned about what the problem might be.

@eminater You've done very well! You're teetering on the edge of onederland! Hooray for you!

@FarmerCarla - I felt better this morning. Still had issues going to sleep last night and the restless legs but I hope that will pass soon. I am still trying to watch the carbs and sugar intake but take it down SEVERAL notches. I will say the first 8 days of Keto invigorating me and got me to cut out the crazy out of control snacking.

I hope your daughter figures out her leg issue. The unknown is always a bit concerning.

@texasfarmer Thanks. Glad you're feeling better and hope you get the sleep you need soon. Resisting snacks is a big plus! My husband eats keto foods with me, but I add carbs (rice/pasta/sweet potatoes/sweets) to his, since he's thin. He's had problems jerking at night and hasn't slept well for years. A few months ago, I ordered a magnesium supplement (magnesium bisglycinate chelate) that he takes at night now, and he's sleeping better through the night and not waking me up with his jerking. His back is in bad shape, but an implanted neurostimulator gets him through his days. Praying you'll find the methods that work for you!
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,803 Member
    @mlhopp93 To do low carb when traveling, start by eliminating the bread and potatoes. I order burgers with no bun, Subway salads, steak or salmon and broccoli with a salad. You can do it!
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,803 Member
    @texasfarmer I’m sorry you’re giving up on Keto. I think what you were experiencing was mainly an electrolyte imbalance. Best of luck with CICO.

@ghy5 A true plateau is when your weight stays the same for 4 WEEKS. Hang in there and keep doing what you’re doing.

@shunggie LOL at pulling your pants up every time you stand. I took my elastic waist jeans to Oklahoma when we visited DD#1 in October and had this problem. When she told me they were so big it looked like I had “a load in my pants” I put them away - FOR GOOD! Hope your power has been restored!

@hoshaugh73 I’m guessing that increase is from what you had over the weekend. I find it generally takes 2-3 days for my intake to show on the scale.