January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    Still on track to hit my stretch goal by the end of the month. I should have a bit over 65 miles by the end of the day.

65 miles today! DANG! :lol:
  • Kimtrooper
    Kimtrooper Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Woohoo, welcome back to running!

@Kimtrooper 41°C? I'd be dead! We had a couple (too many) 35°C days last summer, I'm already not sure how I survived that. I think for a month the temperature in my apartment never dropped below 28°C *shudder* I'm glad winter is here :)

@taxgirl1 Well done for starting C25K again! If the local running store didn't start a new-years-resolutions program by now, they might not do it at all - I think middle of January the first people already start second-guessing their good intentions.

--

My run on Saturday was short and miserable, my run on Sunday was longer and better. 19.3km, maybe 60% of that in sticky mud and rain :mrgreen:
    Unfortunately, I might have hurt my knee a bit at the very end, back on pavement on the way home. I was jumping up to slap a street sign (please tell me I'm not the only one here who does that kind of thing? ^^), and I must have landed a bit funny, because there was a sharp pain in my left knee the moment I touched down. I could still finish the run though. Yesterday morning it hurt a but to walk, but fortunately yesterday evening it was fine as long as I stayed away from stairs, so I don't think it's anything serious. I'm still thinking I might make today an extra rest day, just be to on the safe side.

Lol @nikkiwolf it sure sucks. The house is already warm in the morning and I already get super hot when I run so it’s just not happening this week I think. At least until the cool change of 35 arrives on Friday! 😜. Hope your knee improves 😀