January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Woohoo @7lenny7. Congrats on getting back out there!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    3 miles hardly seems worth the trouble. Just started feeling relaxed when I had to stop. But taper I must.

exercise.png

A semi-related running question: back in November I reserved a hotel room through the Houston marathon site, and requested late check-out, as I know I will getting back after normal checkout time (usually like 10am). Got a confirmation, but didn't see anything about late check-out. Kept trying to contact them to verify, but never got a response. Finally got through today and they said it had to be requested at check-in, and depends on availability. Uh, Ok.
    What am I supposed to do with all my luggage and crap if I have to check out at 5:30am on my way to the marathon? I won't have a car (specifically got the hotel because it is less than a mile from the start line). Anyone had to deal with that before?
    @Scott6255 - as others have said the hotel should have accommodations to hold your luggage beyond the race time. I would be really surprised though as a race hotel, if they did not have a late check out for the race participants. You might try calling the hotel (not the reservation line) and ask about what is available for race participants. At the SF Marathon the race hotels had late checkout, special pre-race breakfast 'on the go' options and a post race room set up with foam rollers, yoga mats, etc...
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 - YAY! Such an awesome feeling to get that first outside run in! Congratulations!!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo @7lenny7
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Woo Yay Hooplah Hooray Yippee!!!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 So so happy for you!

@PastorVincent Thanks for the tips - I know I'm a giant whiny baby but I just do not like cold, and we get real cold so rarely here that I'm not experienced in dressing for running in it, warming up, etc. Also it makes my husband's asthma ten times worse, which is annoying.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    jesspen91 wrote: »

I'm in London so out Parkruns are supqr busy. We had a record turn out of 625 people last week!

yay!!! another Brit in the thread who's actually IN the UK (I think we are now in the minority now the antipodean posse are increasing their numbers.....

(I'm in Bristol, but been AWOL mostly this month....)
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Congrats on the run!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I feel you. It's not just the temperature on race day, but the big changes from day to day. Having those here too. Supposed to be 7 degrees Monday morning. It's 32 this morning. Good luck. Hopefully you'll be able to find the right clothing to be comfortable and have a great race!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Pity party for one, please!

Every time I look at the forecast for my upcoming trail race on Sunday the 20th, it's another degree colder. It started out with a race time (2 pm) forecast of 51 F, now it's down to 25 with a feels like of 13! With warm temperatures on either side! It's like the universe is picking on me personally! Cue the tiny violins!

xmvxpzdsq5md.png

Seriously I don't know if it was ever this cold here last year, it may be the coldest weather I've ever run in.

Sometimes, the universe is like that. April 15, 2018 there was good running weather in Boston. April 17, 2018 there was near-perfect running weather in Boston. April 16, 2018 there was a nor'easter, and the Boston Marathon. These things happen.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 - congrats on the run!!!

1/1 - 1.5 miles - #RwRunStreak Day 41 - Last day of Holiday Streak!
    1/2 - Transform - Arms Deload week!
    1/3 - 5 miles
    1/4 - rest day
    1/5 - 44 miles cycling + Transform App - Arms
    1/6 - 5 miles
    1/7 - 4.5 miles + transform app - legs
    1/8 - 4.5 miles
    1/9 - 3 miles + transform app - Back
    1/10 - 5 miles
    1/11 - rest day
    1/12 - 44 miles cycling + Transform App, biceps/back
    1/13 - Transform App - glutes/hams