WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Beth Yep, I do get that, but Little Meltdown Man's Mom not only did Kelly a disservice, she did her sons a disservice by not being forthcoming. I feel certain she is at her wits end and feels desperate. I have great empathy for her.

Karen in Virginia

I wasn't defending Meltdown Man's Mom ... it was wrong not to be honest about something so signifiant. But I was trying to understand why she might do such a thing ...

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    NYKaren ... it's going to be horrible driving in NY this weekend! Be safe!

Meetings went very well for my older son and he actually got excited about some of the changes coming his way. His place has been extensively renovated and made not only safer/healthier, but beautiful as well. We weren't expecting that! And many of the things he thought he might lose like upgraded cable and wifi will be included in his new "inclusive rent." I'm beginning to feel better about this.

My 90 yr old dad was released from the hospital today. He's dealing with surgery pain and some hip arthritis that has flared up, but now he can rest and hopefully heal.

We are preparing for our first really major storm beginning Saturday so need to make the obligatory run to the grocery store tomorrow. I was hoping my imperfect vegetable box would be here today as ordered so I could plan my shopping accordingly, but it's apparently not coming until tomorrow. Might have to change my shipping day if this is a normal occurrence.

My eating has become more controlled and the scale is moving in the right direction. Hoping to maintain the loss and continue the trend.

Beth near Buffalo

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    Only up to pg 53 and falling asleep but asking opinions.
    Want to get a fitness tracker to build up to 120 heart rate for 15-30 mins daily (thank you Dr. Dougie Hauser).

I'd also like it to track calories burned and sync with mfp and my phone (less important as the next phone won't be an iphone).

Experiences, recommendations, cautions, concerns, comments please?

Many thanks,Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 17/31, 60 g protein 15/31, rx/vits 16/31, meditate 16/31, knee exercises 16/31, SWSY UP 5/9, SWSY LOW 5/9, core 5/9, play with Tumble 5/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 11/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    01/17 LT: Dr. Patel-Y MT: SWSY-Y ST: mend blue slacks-Y

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Only up to pg 53 and falling asleep but asking opinions.
    Want to get a fitness tracker to build up to 120 heart rate for 15-30 mins daily (thank you Dr. Dougie Hauser).

I'd also like it to track calories burned and sync with mfp and my phone (less important as the next phone won't be an iphone).

Experiences, recommendations, cautions, concerns, comments please?

Many thanks,Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 17/31, 60 g protein 15/31, rx/vits 16/31, meditate 16/31, knee exercises 16/31, SWSY UP 5/9, SWSY LOW 5/9, core 5/9, play with Tumble 5/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 11/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    01/17 LT: Dr. Patel-Y MT: SWSY-Y ST: mend blue slacks-Y

My husband gave me a Fitbit Track 3 for Christmas. I love it. It has all the functions you mentioned plus many more. I don't have an iPhone either, its a Samsung, MFP and Fitbit track with it.

Janetr OKC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    v968ji6vccs1.jpeg

Olivia is a charmer. I love this photo!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Janet - Olivia is soo cute!!

I'm feeling better this morning. I think I will avoid caffeine again today to be sure.

On shoes, to be fair, if I was walking a mile to the bus or to work like Machka, I too would wear different shoes. The heels have been dubbed the Kids Wedding Shoes. I bought them for my best friends daughters wedding and then wore them again to the kid's wedding....hence the name. Now the pressure is on to wear them when the other 4 (eventually) get married. Luckily gold is a neutral so it will be easy. I only wear heels for weddings these days. I had the jobs in the past where we had to wear heels and hose every day. Don't miss those days at all. As for flats, I wear them all the time. I find the pointy toe ones very comfortable and can walk around shopping in them all day.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Kate It probably wasn't personal, just thoughtless. People under duress are often thoughtless. I forgot to tell one of my high school friends that my mom had died and she missed the funeral. She was so upset. I didn't mean to leave her out. It was just a thoughtless stressed out goof-up.

I hope you see your neighbor before she dies. Sending (((hugs))) to you. 50 years is a lot of history...a long friendship...and my gosh, have you lived in the same house your entire life? That's a story we need to hear.

Karen in Virginia who has lived in her house for about 15 years