40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    the stomach bug seems to be gone. weird that i still feel so tired after spending most of yesterday sleeping.
    I did yesterday's Body Beast routines today. didn't push any new limits and just kinda struggled to get through...but I got through. may get back to the Brute Force routine tomorrow. we'll see how I feel.

so..."Body Beast: Bulk: Back/Chest"=Done!
  • kellie7850
    kellie7850 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Did swimming today 👍
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Indoor classes last night - body blast followed by a wonderful hour of yoga. Water intake and food choices were good yesterday as well.

I just started taking a few classes at my local gym as well. I am finding it’s a lot easier to work through an hour with the other ladies than on my own; I plan to join them more regularly!

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    sdereski wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "P90X3 cold start. Brute Force Operator Series Alpha-1(21:39)! P90X3 Complex Lower"=Done!
    That was rough. My “sandbag get ups” on the left are weak as HELL!

what are "sand bag get ups"?

Can't imagine anything about you is "weak". :astonished:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grgSTW125UU

Wow. Just 'WOW'. :open_mouth:
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well we're now at the beach in Costa Rica, so no exercise and I know kettlebell and kickboxing are going to hurt when I get home! But I'll enjoy the hot weather, beer, nachos and fresh fruit as long as I can.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    I forgot to post this morning. 😳
    "Body Beast: Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Snowshoe in the frosty temperatures yesterday. It was cold out, but I warmed up quickly on the hike.

Here a couple of pictures from the beautiful hike we did yesterday.

cfgcrs4rawur.jpg

nmbt28jtr2ll.jpg

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • justcari013
    justcari013 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I want to join!!!

My name is Cari and I am a 47 year old single mom to a 15 year old son. I am looking to FINALLY stop yo-yo dieting and give in to the fact that clean eating is a "lifestyle" with no finish line.

I am looking to change my way of eating to a low carb diet. Not as low as keto, but keeping my carbs around 50grams or so. Today is the first day and I'm starting to think about eating my laptop! LOL

I am looking forward to getting to know you and you all getting to know me. I am excited for this journey!

If you'll excuse me, I need to make something low carb to eat......... :p:p:p:p:p
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @justcari013 . I'm doing standard CICO and trying to settle for slow and steady weight-loss versus fast and loose, as the fast and loose usually comes back just about as fast. I'm also working on trying to eat each day around the same time; my dietitian suggested it. Anyways, welcome!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Focus T25: Beta Core Speed"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    It is good to see that the Cool Kids are alive and well and kicking booty! I have been muddling through, healing from three herniated discs in my neck and a sudden job change.

At the end of July, I was having some severe pains down my left arm. Knowing what I know about human anatomy, I went to the chiropractor. One MRI later, I learned I had 3 severely herniated discs in my neck and some serious arthritis in my spine. Lovely. I couldn't work for 3 weeks, and absolutely no exercise. I spent the next 8 weeks going to the chiropractor twice a week and for spinal decompression twice a week... and still not allowed to exercise. No heavy lifting. No impact exercises. No lifting my arms above my head. I couldn't even play disc golf, and I had to host at work instead of serve. Ugh!

When I was finally on the mend at the beginning of November and able to add a bit of exercise back into my routine and wait tables instead of host, the restaurant I worked at closed...permanently...after being open for 40 years! Ugh!!! Looking for a job at 52 kind of sucks. Just sayin'.

I'm happy to say that God is good! Even though I wasn't working for so long, we managed to pay all of my medical bills and keep the lights on!! I have a new job that I like and the neck held up so nicely through LIIFT 4 and 21DFX that I'm finally back to my regularly scheduled training routine! Yay!! I'm pretty sure that the fact that we don't use trays at my new job has definitely helped my neck, lol!

So, yesterday was P90X3: Total Synergistics and a 3-mile run.

Today I did P90X3: Agility X and 18 holes of disc golf.

It feels good to be back!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Good to hear that you are back to the exercise routine, @BettyM1017!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Bulk: Chest/Shoulders"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Finished week 3 of Arnold Smash, totally looking forward to rest today and knocking the final week out.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    It is good to see that the Cool Kids are alive and well and kicking booty! I have been muddling through, healing from three herniated discs in my neck and a sudden job change.

At the end of July, I was having some severe pains down my left arm. Knowing what I know about human anatomy, I went to the chiropractor. One MRI later, I learned I had 3 severely herniated discs in my neck and some serious arthritis in my spine. Lovely. I couldn't work for 3 weeks, and absolutely no exercise. I spent the next 8 weeks going to the chiropractor twice a week and for spinal decompression twice a week... and still not allowed to exercise. No heavy lifting. No impact exercises. No lifting my arms above my head. I couldn't even play disc golf, and I had to host at work instead of serve. Ugh!

When I was finally on the mend at the beginning of November and able to add a bit of exercise back into my routine and wait tables instead of host, the restaurant I worked at closed...permanently...after being open for 40 years! Ugh!!! Looking for a job at 52 kind of sucks. Just sayin'.

I'm happy to say that God is good! Even though I wasn't working for so long, we managed to pay all of my medical bills and keep the lights on!! I have a new job that I like and the neck held up so nicely through LIIFT 4 and 21DFX that I'm finally back to my regularly scheduled training routine! Yay!! I'm pretty sure that the fact that we don't use trays at my new job has definitely helped my neck, lol!

So, yesterday was P90X3: Total Synergistics and a 3-mile run.

Today I did P90X3: Agility X and 18 holes of disc golf.

It feels good to be back!
    welcome back! :)

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Betty. Glad to see that you've weathered the challenges and are back at it.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm here to join the cool kids! Because I need all the help I can get!

So let's see... 44, been on MFP years ago, and stopped because excuses. On/off jogger, and I'm back at it again, with Garmin Forerunner to track. At this point in my life, I want to be healthy so I can continue to live a somewhat active lifestyle until the end of my days, but also, look good naked. (Hey, I've been single for a bit now.) I'm currently going through some life changes - I left my job last year and went and traveled around the world for a few months, and now I'm trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up, and where I want to live.... you know, the basics that most people have down by now.

I've signed up for the running challenge here on MFP and I'm looking for my tribe! Happy to be here!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    Well we're now at the beach in Costa Rica, so no exercise and I know kettlebell and kickboxing are going to hurt when I get home! But I'll enjoy the hot weather, beer, nachos and fresh fruit as long as I can.

Heck ya!