WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,829 Member
    My plan is to focus a bit more on cycling in coming weeks to let my right leg heal ... although I discovered today that the mid-root canal tooth + the leg tired me out sooner than I thought it would. :neutral:

Meanwhile, I've been catching up on other things on my "Things To Do" list.

M in Oz
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Up early, calm before the storm here. We pick up the apt key at 10:00, wisk her in to the place and drive north into the storm. We will absolutely hide out in a hotel if the weather turns but DH is resolute to give this a try and I’m keen to be home. Wish us luck!

We had lovely bonding time together in the drive down and dinner last nite-

Beth I think the news and info about dos sounds positive. Hope you enjoy cooking with the misfit harvest-kind of breaks up the routine to cook different foods

NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    NYKAREN We are your pocket angels.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    <3 chat soon, hope everyone is doing okay.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,044 Member
    The storm missed us, but we have the cold!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    edited January 2019
    Missed a lot, but want to say how much I loved KJ's poem. <3 Your wings are there - angel's wings. IMHO (and you know I am just thinking of you) I think you should find it in you to say NO to the child's mother. Your health is worth more than his need.

I'm low in energy, fighting off the cold, but DH is still bad. I think he has a tad more energy than yesterday. Hoping the antibiotics are getting a grip at last.

This morning I had to go out to the cash machine to find cash for the friend of the glass man who has repaired two things of mine that have been languishing damaged for years. One is a train map in its original frame from an old train carriage and the other is a chrome art deco lamp I got in a jumble sale (like a garage sale). The friend did both for me overnight, very reasonably. :D:D Nice to have them in working order. Now I need to find a period glass shade for the lamp, or maybe a trendy filament bulb. ????????

Yesterday I went for my run and took a photo of the sea front. The installation is called Constellation. It represents things that Hove is famous for. Oooops! It's still on my phone. Will do it in a minute. :|

Because my morning routine was out I didn't get my normal exercises done and also had to buy invalid food. ;):* However, I did manage to cycle for over 2 hours on the recumbent bike while I watched catch up tv, so the total, with walking is 500. Pleased with myself for not just giving up.

I also am having to say NO to yet another get together of my 'gurlfriends'. That's the third significant NO this week. :o We are all going up to York for my friend's 70th and staying in hotels and then they want to get together again a short while later with a plane flight. Once is enough, let alone the expense. York is two long train journeys away. I want to stay at home this spring and enjoy my new city . Haven't heard back from them about my decision. I am a party pooper, but we will have two days together in York. :#

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,682 Member
    It is bat *kitten* crazy today at work.. but only a little more to go thank goodness..
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2019
    I think my word for the New Year is BALANCE! And slowing down. I don't know where to start; but, slowing down as best as I can and watching what is ahead of me; not worrying about the past - things I cannot change, even if I could go back and relive it - I'd probably still make the mistakes I did the first time around.

Made up my bed today - what a treat, especially when dealing with a cane instead of my walker; which won't go around the bed.

50th Class Reunion on March 9th; and already another classmate has passed away. I think that is probably 14 or 15 of our 80+/- class. Did not know he had had health issues. Such a surprise. This year, have not been involved in finding people from our class - Kathi did such a good job the last time (which was a 5-year multi-class reunion. I think it is going to be so much better for it to only be 'our' class. It'll be a lot of fun (even if I have to take walker and cane. The couple we have always stayed with have both had health issues. Jack had heart surgical and died about 5 - 7 times on the table and a couple of times when they brought him home. Then Ann was found to have 19 tumors on one of her kidneys. Jack is back in the hospital but they were going to let him come home this weekend for 2 hours. Ann is back at work and the ones who have seen her say 'she looks fabulous'.

Does anyone here have that spray-in foam insulation? Pros and Cons? Does anyone have heater tiles in bathroom, kitchen, or elsewhere in your home? Pros and Cons?

Can't get warm (yesterday it was beautiful outside insofar as sunshine; but, not so much when it came to temperature ... cold. Supposed to get worse later this weekend. Checked my plants on the porch and found that Louis has already watered them. Need to look out and see if the ones outside were put in the greenhouse. Ignoring my plants is something I usually don't do.

Saturday - I can't believe it. Sitting here and binge-watching Bargain Manson, with Carmen Day

Have a great weekend! Was hoping the scar on my head would disappear yesterday when I took my shower; but, it didn't. Oh well, surprisingly I have not picked at it. Last night I had a couple of 'crying jags' before calming down and knowing now isn't the time to go visit Will, Tami, and Mallory. We'll go after hunting season and hopefully, by then I will feel better and won't have to lug my walker there and maybe be almost off the cane. They worked my @$$ off in PT and OT. I had forgotten they told me they were coming.

Gee, I am beginning to think they are never going to cut our trees; much less come out to 'mark' them ones to stay. Oh well ... thinks will work out the way they are supposed to.

Lenora
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    💟
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    edited January 2019
    stat for the day:

spin class- 75min, 79ar, 106aw, 132ahr, 153mhr 18.6mi= 655cal
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2019
    RV Rita: The alien clearly intended to hang on for dear life. . . I guess he missed on the life part. Poor guy. :wink:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    (((Heather))): Tell your friends you and DH have a virus and you don't want to share. Peter Rabbit's mom recommends Chamomile tea. So do I, but I also really love peppermint tea. I hope you and DH feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

Katla
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    ☘️