JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    oh my God I dont think I can handle this biscuit/cookie conversation.

so, when I've been saying biscuits, you all think jm eating savoury ones?!
    the savoury ones are called CRACKERS! cant believe you think I was dunking that in my tea LOL
    crackers are like cheese "biscuits" or multigrain or salt and pepper etc.

biscuits are like, rich tea, digestives, custard creams, bourbons, nice, ginger biscuits, etc etc

and over here a cookie is just 1 type of biscuit, they can be crumbly or soft. most popular is chocolate chip cookie!

"digestives" are also a British term, which I learned about while living in Belgium. Here, the word digestive is connected with system, as in the digestive system, not with a semi-sweet cookie. So when someone speaks of eating a digestive, it just doesn't sound appealing, lolol!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

so, when I've been saying biscuits, you all think jm eating savoury ones?!
    the savoury ones are called CRACKERS! cant believe you think I was dunking that in my tea LOL
    crackers are like cheese "biscuits" or multigrain or salt and pepper etc.

biscuits are like, rich tea, digestives, custard creams, bourbons, nice, ginger biscuits, etc etc

and over here a cookie is just 1 type of biscuit, they can be crumbly or soft. most popular is chocolate chip cookie!

"digestives" are also a British term, which I learned about while living in Belgium. Here, the word digestive is connected with system, as in the digestive system, not with a semi-sweet cookie. So when someone speaks of eating a digestive, it just doesn't sound appealing, lolol!

what about a chocolate digestive 😂
  • Bex953172
    Options
    LOL I have no idea what you guys are thinking I'm dunking in my tea now LOL!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Exercise
    2. Look out paoers
    3. Laundry
    4. Clean bedroom
    5. Study
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @frenchfancy2014 thank you hon! <3
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Just shoveled all the snow off the driveway, sidewalk and porch. First time this year we've had enough to do that and now my chest muscles are *mad*! :lol: Plenty more to get done today but that was a huge first step. I slept in far too long today so I'm well behind where I planned to be!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    « The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday. »

So ladies and gents keep plugging away at it! x
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

that would be called Ex-lax!!!!
    d0jzwvu196wk.png

Oh ... you guys are making me laugh today!!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 19 January

January water challenge - I really must try harder on this one! Failed yet again >:)
    Log food and drink failed, will do it tomorrow >:)
    Plan and cook meal to have with neighbours that will keep me close to the green. The pudding will be the challenge as I'm not much of a pudding fan. Cooked a nice first course but DH spotted a chocolate and salted caramel tart in the shop and requested it so I was let off the hook for pudding and very much doubt that I am anywhere near the green :)
    Remember the calories in alcohol! I remembered them but so what .... :D

Friday's meal with colleagues did not show on the scale but tonight's probably will and I am out for lunch tomorrow. I am managing to stay in my maintenance window but know it will take effort. This is where I usually fail but I plan to do better this time.
  • Bex953172
    Options

d0jzwvu196wk.png

Flipping heck.. I think.. yeah I need to sit down. LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options

d0jzwvu196wk.png

Thats a good one!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

do you guys call them cookies?!

Cookie Monster Says:
    itw500htddsp.png

LMBO😂😂
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Glad you all had fun on here. It's beautiful to my eyes.. Lol….
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    January 19th:
    -Run 2 miles 👍
    -Stay in the green 👍
    -Hydrate 👍
    -Journal 👎
    -Enjoy myself!! 👎

January 20th:
    -Get to the gym
    -Stay in the green
    -Hydrate
    -Journal
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    1/19 Day 12 Weekend day 1 is over. Too cold to really do anything so it wasn't too difficult to stay somewhat on track. Wish I could get DH to eat earlier as I got hungry before the crockpot was done (he cooks) and had 2 servings of pretzels. Most of the week we do not eat together so I am on my own schedule. Still, happy with total count for today. I am ready for tomorrow!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Duo. GET MEDS.
    3. Contact B. Check in with parents. Portion chicken.
    4. WRITE ESSAY. Update Goodreads. Wash car. Take recycling. Visit parents? Enter grades.
    5. Groceries? Thrift store! Take donations! Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. PARENT CALLS TUESDAY.

JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINISH THE ESSAY. Draft discussion post 3. Duo.
    3. Put laundry away. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    4. Take recycling? Wash car?? Visit parents??? Walk to 10k.
    5. Groceries. Gas.
    6. Chop celery. Pack lunch for tomorrow.
    7. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10. Alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 188.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

@Snowflake1968 - See, that's exactly why I'm torn about it. At the time, feeling like you were being W A T C H E D made you uncomfortable and likely distracted you from doing your best work. Even if later on you understood the purpose and appreciated the teacher's concern, it's still not always the best thing to do. I find that when I'm introducing something new, it's helpful to go around and check work - or sometimes even to guide students through practice together and watch them just follow my directions and examples, not even doing it on their own at all. But when they get to the point that they CAN do it on their own, my "hovering" can be intrusive, and a better use of my time is to sit back at my desk and monitor their activity more discreetly while I evaluate their work so that I can get it back to them as quickly as possible or draft / revise lessons based on how they're doing with what we're practicing now. However, I don't feel like I am supported in doing that. My administration sees it as what you described - being disengaged and neglectful. And teachers who try to explain the rationale behind their choices are just "making excuses" or even "insubordinate."

Sorry for the rant, everyone... hahaha that kind of hit one of my sore spots! ;D

I've GOT to get this essay done. UGHHHH.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Slight change to plans. Parents not in town. Dad will be back tomorrow. Punting recycling and car wash until then because weather should still be decent and that's near their house. If dad's up for it we'll visit as well. Gonna see about getting together with a friend today who I haven't seen since... gosh, before Christmas I think.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Haven't posted in a few days... seems I'm in a rush alot & when try to do it on my phone... seems to take forever.
    It's been up & down for me. I had a couple successful days. I weighed in at 159 lbs on Sunday, and this morning, I weigh 157.6 lbs. So, this is great!!! A 1.4 pound loss. Yay!!!!!!!

I did get a 2nd Zumba class in on Thursday. Didn't enjoy it as much as the last one... instructor was cheerful, though, & the music is always good in any Zumba class I've ever been to. This is the 2nd cardio type workout that I've had in probably 6 months or more. I'd like to do Cardio at least 3 times a week until my body adjusts.

I noticed "Beck Diet Solution" in a couple posts. Anyone have success or find it helpful?

JFT 1/20/19. A lot of what I post will be the same tame, every day...
    Weigh: 157.6 lbs :)
    Red cup challenge- but 4 cups will be acceptable for me. That is how poor I am at drinking water. Just 4 cups daily is HUGE for me.
    Stay in the Green
    Stay focused!!! - (no matter what, no excuses... I can make them for every meal and every bite, but not going to pass muster this year).
    BIG CHALLENGE -- MEETING MY SON & HIS WIFE FOR LUNCH. DON'T KNOW WHERE WE'RE EATING...
    Bedtime: midnight

Let's all make it a great day!!