Accountability-Daily Support/motivation group

Replies

• heathervo
    heathervo Posts: 36 Member
    Met yesterday’s water challenge.
    Did Hiit workout with weights but not 30 min 😕because I’m just getting back to weights and I didn’t want to overdo it.

Going to have to motivate myself tonight for that 30 min of Cardio!
  • christinaackley
    christinaackley Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! My name is Christina. I’m a 32 year old married mom of 2 girls, ages 12 and 6. I want to join this group for motivation and accountability. I always fail when it comes to diets and my health but 2019 is my year! I’m determined to do better. I’m tired of being disgusted when I look in the mirror. I’m tired of clothes not fitting. I’m tired of being tired and not playing with my kids. I’m just tired of all that comes with being my size. I’m focusing on moving more and making better food choices, not just a strict diet of salads and misery. I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been and I want to lose 70-80lbs by my 33rd birthday next January. My long term goal is to weigh around 150-160. Feel free to send friend requests and we can help keep each other accountable. I look forward to chatting with everyone and losing this weight!

CW 260
    GW 160
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Water Challenge:
    M- 80 ounces
    T- 84 ounces
    W-80 ounces

WORKOUT

60 minutes of cardio. 12,738 steps as of now. 15 minutes on weights.
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Workout water challenge met yesterday!!!

Also, Today is first day I am trying 'low carb'. Just for today...carb cycling.
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    CowgirlConnieMay Posts: 300 Member
    Still exercising everyday... today was iffy on some food but kept it under calories so I would give the day a B- since I didn't meet water goal either.
  • heathervo
    heathervo Posts: 36 Member
    Yesterday I met and went above the water challenge. I did good with my calories but, completely sucked at the workout! Ugh. I fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up there was no getting my mind there.
    Today water was only about 40oz
    Workout: cardio 30 min
    Feeling good!
  • christinaackley
    christinaackley Posts: 2 Member
    I do so good during the day. I really don’t crave anything bad and it’s fairly easy to stick to healthy foods. But at night, particularly the 1-2 hours before I go to sleep are awful! I want to eat everything in my house! I am struggling so bad with this. Does anyone have any tips on dealing with this? I bought some sugar free ice cream bars so I have something I can grab that won’t ruin my day entirely, but I’m really trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners as much as possible.
  • ShopGirl9999
    I started saving calories for end of day after dinner snacking. Like 200 calories or so. I look forward to having something that I actually like without guilt. Sometimes its a healthy choice and sometimes it is ice cream.

Low calorie sweet treats: I love jello with whip cream for low calorie snack. Strawberries fresh and yummy with whip cream.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Sugar free, fat free pudding, dark chocolate mini pieces...i put them in the freezer. When I tried Atkins years ago there was a dessert recipe of ricotta cheese and cocoa powder. I added coconut extract. If you're trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners, maybe add a touch of honey or agave nectar? I too get sweet cravings late at night.
  • echoroyal79
    echoroyal79 Posts: 72 Member
    Hi everyone. I have not much to report on my end. Trying to enjoy my time with my son and his wife while they are visiting. Currently at the gym, surprisingly 😀

Think we can do the same challenge for this week. If any one wants to see a certain challenge done just let me know

Take care all
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I’ve been kind of MIA this week. It has not been a great week for me. I unexpectedly got called in for a job interview on Friday (I had applied for this job ages ago and forgotten about it) and stress ate on Thursday and Friday. I stuck with my workouts but felt like I was really sluggish, not giving it my all. I’m not supposed to hear back from the interview for at least another week so I really need to get my butt back in gear, I can’t let the stress throw me off until I hear back!
  • echoroyal79
    0jxmvzta3g72.jpg
  • echoroyal79
    I’ve been kind of MIA this week. It has not been a great week for me. I unexpectedly got called in for a job interview on Friday (I had applied for this job ages ago and forgotten about it) and stress ate on Thursday and Friday. I stuck with my workouts but felt like I was really sluggish, not giving it my all. I’m not supposed to hear back from the interview for at least another week so I really need to get my butt back in gear, I can’t let the stress throw me off until I hear back!

Omg, you have been such a go getter this whole time. Dont let it stop you. On the other hand I understand the stress eating. Have you ever tried intermittent fasting to get you back on track. That help me or a really good workout. ❤
  • bettina8037
    bettina8037 Posts: 34 Member
    Hey all!
    This week I drank water, got in my steps every day but yesterday my rest day, and worked out 45 minutes or more strength except for yesterday. I logged daily except for yesterday. Just wasn't feeling like doing anything yesterday, haha!
    My main struggle is thinking about food a lot, even when I don't overeat. I just don't want to constantly think about food!! Distraction is my best tool, I read a lot and spend time with friends, family, etc.
    I'm excited because my weight dropped this week, too.
    @echoroyal79 that is great about time with family!
    @Running2Fit you can do this! We are all just human, I get upset about having bad days sometimes but it's funny because in the grand scheme its maybe slowed down my progres by 1 or 2 pounds, so pretty darn miniscule.
  • Lastchancetochange
    Lastchancetochange Posts: 146 Member
    Hi all 2 weeks in. I have lost 16 pounds, been sick this last week with stomach flu, so that helped the loss. Recouped 4 pounds in the last 2 days as i rehydrated and ate again.

I'm having some cravings, but not all the time. Especially all the family is eating quite more healthy than before and that's something that we all needed.

Amazingly enough even though I still have 55 pounds to go I already notice the difference in how I feel, not so much in how I look.

Now is when I need to be strong again as it's the typical moment where I flip and start thinking I'm all slim and built and eat again which is quite the opposite.

I have to say I'm in love with Spinning, clearly I found this sport amazing. Doing it in my house with my peloton bike.

This week I'm going to try to track my steps to walk 5500 per day ( today I do 2500-3000 ) on average and also start with a bit of weights.

Again this demonstrates that if you are a bit constant results come.

Happy but scared to death to fail again...

Love u all.
  • echoroyal79
    @Lastchancetochange you are doing great. Dont let it get you down.

@bettina8037 I am admiring your dedication ❤
  • Bellamomma07
    Bellamomma07 Posts: 2 Member
    I am a 41 year old momma of 2. I have struggled with weight for years and each time I start watching my intake and exercise I cave to food for comfort a couple weeks. I know most tell you to just keep going but I need help with becoming mindful and not crumbling when I sway from the program once. It tends to be a vicious cycle for me to make an excuse, not be mindful and then hate myself for failing. Once I get thru these steps it is like was, rinse repeat all over again.

My HW 257, LW 189 (2017) and CW 212.

I ♥️ challenges! I need some TLC & motivation to help stay accountable/mindful. The struggle is REAL but I am determined to find my way to health and happiness!

If you are looking for other female friends for challenges or support, add me!

• Lastchancetochange
    Lastchancetochange Posts: 146 Member
    I am a 41 year old momma of 2. I have struggled with weight for years and each time I start watching my intake and exercise I cave to food for comfort a couple weeks. I know most tell you to just keep going but I need help with becoming mindful and not crumbling when I sway from the program once. It tends to be a vicious cycle for me to make an excuse, not be mindful and then hate myself for failing. Once I get thru these steps it is like was, rinse repeat all over again.

My HW 257, LW 189 (2017) and CW 212.

I ♥️ challenges! I need some TLC & motivation to help stay accountable/mindful. The struggle is REAL but I am determined to find my way to health and happiness!

If you are looking for other female friends for challenges or support, add me!

Same here, 40 year old dad, same 2 week crash, yikes even at 2 days lately. But now 2 weeks in a row almost perfect and 16 pounds down, 55 to go so still a long way. I'll add you to share kudos.
  • ShopGirl9999
    Grear group!

Water challenge was great and easy when focused on.

Workout challenge was harder but forced myself to do it.

Lets keep going with challenges! Also more checkins so I dont feel alone :blush:
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    I have my annual physical tomorrow. Ugh. Not looking forward to it. I love my doctor because he doesn't sugar coat anything, but I know I need to lose weight. I'm working on it. And of course my monthly hormones are not working in my favor. The scale went up 3 lbs in 2 days. But I'm not letting it get me down (like i have in the past) because I've been meal prepping, food weighing/ logging for almost 4 weeks now. And even though the scale is barely moving, I've lost 2" on my waist so the scale can kiss my rear!