Accountability-Daily Support/motivation group

Replies

• amaileen22
    amaileen22 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Aileen & I am a mom of two little boys (3&2 year old) and after my second son I gained sooo much weight I was super depressed & basically let go of myself, I managed to lose about 30 lbs but iv been so unmotivated & in a funk lately I wish I had support from friends & family.
    HW:244
    CW:213
    GW:180
  • jumpingjenkins
    jumpingjenkins Posts: 19 Member
    I could get frustrated with myself because my scale states I'm up 3 lbs this morning. But I choose to live to my best ability. I celebrated 3 birthdays with people I dearly love this week! And I know that these highs and lows come and go....as long as I continue to track and be mindful of what's going on then I will not beat myself up over a gain. Here's to a new week 🙌!
  • echoroyal79
    echoroyal79 Posts: 72 Member
    I have my annual physical tomorrow. Ugh. Not looking forward to it. I love my doctor because he doesn't sugar coat anything, but I know I need to lose weight. I'm working on it. And of course my monthly hormones are not working in my favor. The scale went up 3 lbs in 2 days. But I'm not letting it get me down (like i have in the past) because I've been meal prepping, food weighing/ logging for almost 4 weeks now. And even though the scale is barely moving, I've lost 2" on my waist so the scale can kiss my rear!

Is he having tests done to see if there is anything holding you back on loosing weight

Good luck ❤
  • echoroyal79
    @amaileen22 Welcome to the group

@jumpingjenkins I feel the pain. Having you been working out as well

Last night I probably did about 45 minutes, elliptical, cycle and towing.
  • jumpingjenkins
    jumpingjenkins Posts: 19 Member
    @echoroyl79
    Yes, I've been working out and feel good!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    edited January 2019
    Weekly Weigh-In
    12/31 - 147.5
    01/07 - 146.2
    01/14 - 145.1
    01/21 - 144.4

It’s snowing here today and the tiny gym in my apartment complex is completely packed with people who I guess didn’t want to drive to their legit gyms (I’m usually the only person there when I go) so my run has been postponed to tomorrow. Still got 30 Day Shred in though. Finally on level 3 and happy to say good-bye to level 2 forever - I seriously hated level 2. Back on track with counting my calories and feeling good about the upcoming week 😀
  • wnzdazchld1972
    wnzdazchld1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey there, everyone. I’m Robin, 46. I just lost my mom in December to COPD (she was only 64; my dad passed at 58 from melanoma). I was my mom’s caregiver for her last 3 months &, with her passing, have inherited her 3 large dogs, 5 cats, & 19 birds (she was a bird breeder for 20 years). I’ve returned to work and have a lot on my plate, but I’ve also decided that I need to make my health a priority. I will gladly accept all forms of motivation lol. Hope everyone is staying warm and safe today!
  • andyfatty
    andyfatty Posts: 2 Member
    I keep trying to eat well and eat within my daily limit but it never seems to be enough to shut down the monster inside me screaming for takeaway again and again. I can cook but i HATE cooking for myself because i am always stuck with a family sized pack of food from the shop in the fridge saying eat me eat me. I am actually a chef by trade which makes it worse because i am always around food . its literally right in my face at work and when i get home i just want to eat because it is the only thing that makes me feel good. Even if there is something healthy in the fridge like right now chicken and veg i just want to go out get a large Cod and chips and a large batterd sausage with a load of sauce and some cokes and smash them down till i feel ill because it felt good while i was doing it! Please help.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    I have my annual physical tomorrow. Ugh. Not looking forward to it. I love my doctor because he doesn't sugar coat anything, but I know I need to lose weight. I'm working on it. And of course my monthly hormones are not working in my favor. The scale went up 3 lbs in 2 days. But I'm not letting it get me down (like i have in the past) because I've been meal prepping, food weighing/ logging for almost 4 weeks now. And even though the scale is barely moving, I've lost 2" on my waist so the scale can kiss my rear!

Is he having tests done to see if there is anything holding you back on loosing weight

Good luck ❤

I've had my thyroid checked in the past. It's normal. I just have a 39 year old stubborn metabolism
  • echoroyal79
    Managed to get another workout in 31 minutes of elliptical and 2,000 meters on rowing machine. Yay me.
  • Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Well I've been yo-yoing for the past 7 years after losing 200 lbs on Medifast/Body For Life though I have consistently kept off 120 lbs. I've learned that all diets work, but the one that's for you is the one you can stick with. Hopefully I can keep going finally this time. Yes, it is in fact 80% diet.
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    CowgirlConnieMay Posts: 300 Member
    Wow...I also had the stomach flu. I lost 3 pounds but dont how how much will stick around. Today was first day eating again... weird... lots of food still sounds repulsive. I was just about to start keto and now meat and fat turn my stomach....so..... not sure what to do lol.

Tomorrow I can start exercising again....I was on a great streak before the flu but trying not to get too depressed about that 😕

Current goal....get back on the exercise wagon!
  • Lastchancetochange
    Lastchancetochange Posts: 146 Member
    Wow...I also had the stomach flu. I lost 3 pounds but dont how how much will stick around. Today was first day eating again... weird... lots of food still sounds repulsive. I was just about to start keto and now meat and fat turn my stomach....so..... not sure what to do lol.

Tomorrow I can start exercising again....I was on a great streak before the flu but trying not to get too depressed about that 😕

Current goal....get back on the exercise wagon!

So after the flu and losing7 pounds because of it, I was kind of depressed the last 3 days and 3 pounds came back on, but again healthy eating and guess what 1.5 pounds less today from yesterday, We just need to stick to it and results will come.

Actually I've been reflecting on how I was eating and the diet was really before. I was on a diet to get as fat as i could as fast as I could....

Keep it up.
  • snowplow2004
    snowplow2004 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi my name is Robin and I struggle each and every day with food. I exercise 6 days a week but can't lose weight because I eat and eat. I have 5 kids and i'm an emotional eater so i'm always eating because at least one of my kids is causing chaos. I hate that i'm so attached to food but i'm really at last in a place where I want to commit at getting a handle on this. I set small easy attainable goals for myself every day and love to see what I've accomplished. I could really use the support and accountability.
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Hi Everyone,

Great group. We all have daily struggles and life happens. This group helps!

I am going to continue last weeks challenge that was focused on drinking water, moving everyday.

I did not give up a food item last week. This week no sugar (no candy, sweets, chocolate, ice cream etc). This will be tough but looking forward to it.

Anyone else doing the challenge??
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I'm sorry I haven't been checking in here daily. I come to MFP and then just get distracted by the kids.
    Things are going great here.
    I've been trying to really adhere to my calorie restrictions better. Not perfectly, but better. Doing that is a real mental game though. I have to remind myself that I was mostly staying in my deficit before, so why am I suddenly feeling like I'm starving now that I'm actually tracking it?? Stupid brain trying to sabotage me! lol
    Diet has been going great though.
    Think I'm going to give up nightshades for a month starting in Feb. 99% certain I have an intolerance of them and just want to see if giving those up for a month helps my gut. I'm going to miss my hot sauce and spicy foods though :'(
  • Lastchancetochange
    Lastchancetochange Posts: 146 Member
    Hi everyone, please pray for me. Tomorrow 2 day work trip, locked in a conference room with catering all day. This is going to be a torture. Any advice?
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Hit a new personal best for my pace on today’s 3 mile run! I’m on day 2 of level 3 if 30 Day Shred. I like level three a lot more than level 2 so hopefully the next 8 days of it go well. Been back on track with my diet for the past couple days so I’m feeling good today.
  • snowplow2004
    snowplow2004 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone, please pray for me. Tomorrow 2 day work trip, locked in a conference room with catering all day. This is going to be a torture. Any advice?

I would decide right now what you will eat and what you won't and stick with it. No exceptions. Don't justify anything.