JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    I guess I forgot to post my goals yesterday. I post the same goals each day though so can update.

JFT - Saturday Jan 19th Determined
    2L of water - 😕 only 1L
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂🙂🙂 I cant believe how well my little sign is working. I did 25 squats yesterday!
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Sunday Jan 20th - Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I had a good day yesterday. I decorated a cup for Lauryn and the Grands painted. It was nice to have Jonah do something besides play on the iPad. He painted a “misty, creepy mountain with his stuffed monkey in front of the mountain and a Zombie. I let him use a 16x20 canvas. He asked Siri to show him images of his inspiration for the mountains and he used a ruler to decide his size of his monkey.

Michaela painted a canvas using pink, purple, silver and gold. There is a project I am going to try to do using her canvas, it’s called hot mess. We’ll see how it goes.

Last night I forced myself to do some walking, I ended up watching The Masked Singer and ended up dancing more than walking for 40 minutes. It’s a weird show though.... I’m not much into the masks. Lol

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Saturday, January 19:
    Exercise: shoveled icy driveway for 30 minutes--good workout!
    Calories: in the green
    Water: 3 cups
    Weight: maintenance, not losing--maybe more exercise, or lower calorie intake.

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    pnd7531ay3el.jpg
    I APPLAUD EVERY EFFORT MADE TO DO SOMETHING POSITIVE IN LIFE!👏
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    My EFFORT THIS WEEK IS TO POST JFT ODAAT ALL THAT I DO NO MATTER HOW
    MUCH OR HOW LITTLE... EVERY GOOD THING MATTERS.😀

JFT
    I GOT UP
    CHANGED AND WASHED UP
    HAD COFFEE
    PLAYED ONLINE GAMES
    CHURCH
    ATE LUNCH... USED MRS DASH INSTEAD OF SALT
    READING... EVERY WOMAN'S DREAM, BY MARY MONROE (didn't know it was so graphic)
    Took out trash
    .... THE TIME IS 2:43 p.m....
    Will post the rest of my Sunday before I close out tonight.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Today, I will reflect on the past week and jot it down in my journal. Do I need to make adjustments in my food calories, etc? Where do I need to improve? Water intake? Exercise? Thinking more positive thoughts? How have I put my word for the year, discipline, into play throughout the week? Where do I need to exercise it more? And then I will write down what I am grateful and thankful for!

Peace and joy!
    rttayww2zjx3.png
  • Lastchancetochange
    Lastchancetochange Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ok so my commitment for tonight and this week is, to start reading a book and stop doing mobile /laptop bedtime, include some weight training and try to be above 5000 steps every day.

That is on top of my program.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday20 January

Sorry no goals for today and I did not meet my usual ones :)
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

JFT
    I GOT UP
    CHANGED AND WASHED UP
    HAD COFFEE
    PLAYED ONLINE GAMES
    CHURCH
    ATE LUNCH... USED MRS DASH INSTEAD OF SALT
    Took out trash

This is awesome. Made me smile and made me want to sort out my life. Well done I love this list❤️
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness. Yesterday was an epic not so good day for my goals. But today is a new day and I've remained in the green as of right now so it's definitely been a better day. Working on my water now while watching the Great British Baking Show (I am addicted to it!) and resting my back. Tomorrow *will* be a gym day, my first in awhile.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 - sounds like you had a good day and smart goals for the week.

@toaljasa - I really like that idea to reflect on your week and set out new goals for the week ahead based on your word of the year and your reflection. I keep a Gratitude Journal I think I may add a daily journal of my life to it too. Thank you for the inspiration.

Today I completed a project I started on Friday. It is a birthday present for Michaela. Her party is Saturday. The other portion of her present is the decorations that I am making. This is 9X9 inches there are 36 of the little paper rises I made. They were fun to do and I may try this again soon.
    I’ll post the pic below, it won’t let me in here as my post is too long.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    fz4yjth6ifr1.jpeg
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 that is beautiful! You are so talented!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I just want to say that each and every one of you are doing so well!
    I must admit I feel like I'm dragging behind you all but im hoping to get back on track this week!

We are all hanging on to each other's coattails as we move forward. And someone is hanging on to yours through your honest barebone real-life assessments, determination to not give up, your ability to laugh at yourself, your encouraging words and kick in the tush moments of reality that is sometimes needed.

"progress, not perfection"

Peace and joy
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I just want to say that each and every one of you are doing so well!
    I must admit I feel like I'm dragging behind you all but im hoping to get back on track this week!

Theres been a few things that have really affected my progress recently, I think the whole drama over New Year has really threw me, I dont feel like I got that fresh start! even though it's all sorted now. well mostly, the idea of moving house is making me anxious, I'm pretty sure any house moved would be nerve racking, I'm just concerned about timing it right so we get a house within our months notice or worse being offered a house before we've paid up this one!
    Also, Casey. Little cute Casey. I do love her, and love how she's so attached to me when the other two have been traitors and been Daddy girls! but the little thing cries when she so much as sees her bed, so I have to get her to sleep before I take her up, but she doesn't want to sleep she wants to PLAY! and it can take up til 10pm fir her to finally drift

Bex you are a strong, strong woman. I don’t know how you aren’t curled up in a corner sobbing some days but yet here you are supporting all of us, giving us encouragement, kudos, sympathy or joy. You make me laugh, you make me think, you teach me and you make me remember.

You make me remember being a young Mom and feeling taken advantage of, having the never ending laundry and meals and dishes. Then throw in the dreaded bedtime routine and you just want to scream. I hated bedtime, still do when I keep the Grands. I’m not going to tell you you’ll miss this someday, I’ll tell you you’ll get through it and before you know it, you’ll be the 50 year old truly enjoying a young Mom in your social group.

Thanks for always taking the time to come and say hi and tell us how your day is going, I always look for your posts and say a little prayer your day is going well when I don’t see you.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options

JFT
    I GOT UP
    CHANGED AND WASHED UP ✔
    HAD COFFEE ✔
    PLAYED ONLINE GAMES ✔
    CHURCH ✔
    ATE LUNCH... USED MRS DASH INSTEAD OF SALT ✔
    Took out trash ✔

Did my laundry ✔
    Washed dishes ✔
    Read 8 chapters of that book ✔
    Answered e-mails ✔
    Posted on FB ✔
    Ate Cereal ✔
    Watched a Hallmark movie ✔
    It's 10:58 and bed time
    GOOD NIGHT

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Didn’t get on to post yesterday and I’ll cut a long story short by just saying I did not do well. Need to refocus on my 2019 goals and my word of balance. I’m still letting myself fall into the all or nothing mindset and tend to let one bad decison spiral into another. Saturday was ok but yesterday I took a rest day then just felt frustrated and emotional eating took over.

Weekend recap
    Saturday
    - morning workout ✅
    - 2ltr water at least ✅
    - Uniform shop ✅
    - Pick up delivery at post office ✅
    - Grocery shop ✅
    - Lunch out with kids ✅
    - Laundry ✅
    - Homework ❎
    - Early night ✅

Sunday
    - rest day ✅
    - To cafe for homework with the girls ✅
    - Parents for lunch ✅
    - Stay mindful - read goals ❎
    - Water ❎
    - Do name labels on new uniform ❎
    - Put away all laundry ✅
    - Early night ❎

Anyway, what’s done is done and I know I now have the ability to move straight on and get back on it so I need to just take whatever lessons I can from yesterday and refocus.

Monday goals
    - morning workout
    - Water water water
    - Email to P’s teacher re her foot injury
    - Early to work, GAG
    - Work on obs and lesson plans over lunch
    - name labels on uniform this evening
    - Stay mindful - read 2019 goals
    - Make workout plan for the week
    - Early night

Have a great Monday all. To anyone who struggled like me this weekend - hugs. Let’s move on in positivity to a brand new week! X
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sunday: January 20
    Maintaining weight
    In the green by 300 calories!
    15 minute workout video
    3 cups water
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    January 20th:
    -Get to the gym 👍
    -Stay in the green 👍
    -Hydrate 👍
    -Journal 👎

January 21st:
    -Stay in the green
    -Hydrate
    -Manage my overthinking
    -Walk 30 mins
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    1/20 Day 13 Needed more of a breakfast than usual to make it through church without the cookies. Then it was off to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. No idea how many calories but tried to log anyway based on what I had and what was in the database. No supper as I was way over calories. Tomorrow is another day.