Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Despite having a cold (which usually I would turn to comfort foods) I feel focused. Pants feeling a little more breathable. Amazing what just a few pounds can do physically & mentally! Have great, successful day everyone.
  • skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You all seem to be positive and encouraging to each other. (I'm in.) I enjoy reading your posts. I find myself taking 2 steps forward then 10 steps back which starts the negative thinking playing again and I find myself in my old eating patterns. This cycle has gone on my entire life and I want to break free from the negative bond I have with food. I want to view food as fuel to make me a healthier version of myself. I've gone thru eating disorder years when I weighed 100 lbs (I'm 5'7") to where I am now which is 60 lbs over weight. I look forward to being part of a group that will help make 2019 different from the rest. :)
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @skf1201 be really proud of that one step forward - it's a toughie when habits are dragging you back. Every time you take that step forward you're winning a fight against gravity.
    `
    @teriseaton - can't wait to celebrate with you...help me get of my a**e and exercise

@MrSpacek - you sound as if you are really going for the sports, welcome.
  • skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thank you PartyPerson for your encouraging words!

Way to go with your new reaction to your stressful day! Woohoo!
  • GuyanaGold21
    GuyanaGold21 Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members!! This is a great group of friendly supportive people.
  • tensquaredlives
    tensquaredlives Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 I have been getting my bread tips from the King Arthur Flour website. Lots of great recipes and tips there. The Six Grain bread recipe is on this page https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/six-grain-bread-recipe.

Hope you all had a good day! I am getting back in the groove so that is a good step forward.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thanks, @tensquaredlives! I'll check out that page.
  • GuyanaGold21
    GuyanaGold21 Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    What is an exercise hack that helps you get through a workout?
    While walking, I really enjoy listening to audiobooks. While swimming laps, I just get bored and keep going.

• poscur
    Options
    skf1201 wrote: »
    You all seem to be positive and encouraging to each other. (I'm in.) I enjoy reading your posts. I find myself taking 2 steps forward then 10 steps back which starts the negative thinking playing again and I find myself in my old eating patterns. This cycle has gone on my entire life and I want to break free from the negative bond I have with food. I want to view food as fuel to make me a healthier version of myself. I've gone thru eating disorder years when I weighed 100 lbs (I'm 5'7") to where I am now which is 60 lbs over weight. I look forward to being part of a group that will help make 2019 different from the rest. :)

Welcome. We all struggle in different ways...we are here to cheer you on!
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What is an exercise hack that helps you get through a workout?
    I keep a spreadsheet. Yep, I'm one of those, lol. I like filling in the blanks.
    I read the forums if I'm on the treadmill.
  • poscur
    edited January 2019
    Options

teriseaton wrote: »
    @PartyPerson funny how easily the tests/challenges come along. Yesterday I was so
    "]@PartyPerson funny how easily the tests/challenges come along. Yesterday I was so strong and feeling powerful about the new start......today, out of my routine, started at the

Don’t let it undermine a whole day or days.....it was one meal. Just get back on track! You got this
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @teriseaton and @poscur - I agree, one meal doesn't ruin a diet. There was some research a little while back (can't remember when) but it found that a lot of diets fail because of "fatalism". That is "oh I went over my calories a bit so I might as well eat that cake now" or "I went over once, so my diet is finished." Where as "naturally" thin people think oh I over ate - better be really careful tomorrow to compensate. When we can change our all or nothing thinking is when we get the win.

Today will be a better day.

“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~Thomas Jefferson
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    It's a new day; what is everyone's challenge for today? I am terrible at meal planning and do not have anything planned for dinner tonight. Lack of planning is where I get in to trouble because then I eat what is quick and easy.