What do you make of my date?

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    In this day and age women shouldn't expect a man to pay on a first date

Yes, they should. I date men, not little boys who can't afford to pay for dinner or who are so rude that they think it's okay to invite someone to dinner and force them to pay for their own meal. Do you also ask your invited house guests to pay for their room and board while they stay with you?
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    It'd be like insulting vagina before sex, and then begging you for it, then making it a quick act of transgression before you can enjoy anything, then running off immediately afterwards asking for cab money.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It'd be like insulting vagina before sex...

NEVER. insult the vag.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Two responses:

First, from the politically correct standpoint. -- This is the 21st Century. Woment want equal rights. Equal Pay. Equal Consideration. The liberated woman of the 21st century should cough up her half.

Second, from Mike, who was born in 1954 and raised by my Dad -- When I ask a woman out on a date, it is expected that I am going to pay. I am going to knock on her door, pick her up, open the car door for her, take her on the date we had already discussed. Pay for her meal. Open every door we pass through. Take her to her door at the end of our date. Tell her I had a good time. Move in for a kiss goodnight. Follow up with a call the next day.

I have three daughters. 17, 27 and 30. I still pay for them when we go out and always will. I still open their doors for them.

I believe a woman should get equal rights. I believe a woman should receive equal pay. I DO NO bel;ieve women should be treated like men. I believe they should be treated with deference, respect and consideration.

Of course, I'm married, so if no one likes this response, I really don't care. The only people I am impacting is the gentlemen courting my girls, because they expect the same attention their mom gets .
  • Imgoingdown
    Imgoingdown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Excuse me, he doesn't believe in killing animals???? How the h__l does he think that chicken was going to come to table.....
    Keep it moving girl, he's not worth another thought!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot of you girls are a little ... psychotic. About the buying meals for you thing. Just because men on average earn more than women, doesn't mean that all men are rolling around in money. And even if we are, if all you're after is a free meal ...

All I'm saying is that if you require a guy to pay for you, you better be putting out on the first date.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    It'd be like insulting vagina before sex, and then begging you for it, then making it a quick act of transgression before you can enjoy anything, then running off immediately afterwards asking for cab money.

lol! loved this.
    and i'll also add to the list of naysayers - too many options to waste time with this soulless chap.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Oh Hell NO!!! :laugh:

Sorry he turned out to be such a Cheap *kitten*.

:flowerforyou:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    The non red meat-eating thing shouldn't be an issue. My husband is this way. Doesn't eat red meat or pork. He says if he knows that he can't kill the animal himself, he has no right eating it. He does eat chicken. I guess he sees himself slaughtering chickens though, but that's neither here nor there.

The bill -- that qualifies him as lame.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    In this day and age women shouldn't expect a man to pay on a first date

Yes, they should. I date men, not little boys who can't afford to pay for dinner or who are so rude that they think it's okay to invite someone to dinner and force them to pay for their own meal. Do you also ask your invited house guests to pay for their room and board while they stay with you?

Did he ask her out?? I missed that part of the post. I think whoever did the asking does the paying, for the first few dates, once it is a relationship it should be dutch or take turns paying.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    umm, to eat chicken, you must first KILL the chicken. Usually...

Sometimes... you just gotta choke it.

I've got the feeling that he'll be choking it himself.

Man, if he was going to keep the change, he could've at least tipped the waitress a little higher. And isn't the raising and slaughter of chickens more cruel than that of cows? Guy needs a PETA refresher course. Not advocating PETA, but he should probably know WTF he's talking about before acting all 'holier than thou burger'. You should've taken him home and hooked him up with a Youtube video of how his sandwich came to be.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    if its a "date" NEVER pay for your own meal...ALLOW him to be a MAN! He didn't do anything wrong. You put in the money so he assumed you were paying. Don't offer what your not willing to really accept.

I don't even know where to start here.... :huh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    First, from the politically correct standpoint. -- This is the 21st Century. Woment want equal rights. Equal Pay. Equal Consideration. The liberated woman of the 21st century should cough up her half.
    to quote Blanche...

I don't want to be treated as your equal...
    I want to be treated a lot better than you!
  • Imgoingdown
    Imgoingdown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Then he should have established that they were gonna go dutch.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    You should have split the bill, the tip, the change if you were going dutch!

If I invite a guy out, then I pay for it, I don't expect anything less from him.
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to see 6'9" naked... but I don't know if I can afford it... :drinker:

lmao!

I agree! LOL! I don't think he'd be worth you paying for another meal! Hahahahahaha!
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options

I believe a woman should get equal rights. I believe a woman should receive equal pay. I DO NO bel;ieve women should be treated like men. I believe they should be treated with deference, respect and consideration.

I agree wholeheartedly. Well said man.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options

We're not talking about a meeting about getting a promotion at work, we're talking about a tradition of chivalry. Apples and oranges.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he had a brain fart and didn't realize what he had done due to first date jitters.
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ahahaha, I love to challenge arsehole vegetarians, but one that preaches about animal cruelty and then orders chicken? That's just too good. I think I would have had too much fun messing him about.

I can see where you're coming from with the bill paying thing. I mean does he think making up the remaining change for the bill makes him look like the good guy? Offer to pay for it or go halves, or offer nothing at all. I am pretty weird about people paying for things for me, and would much rather split a bill or pay myself than have someone else do it. Keeping all the change just makes him a total jerk, though.