Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    This seems like a great group! I’m in Colorado and the yo-yo Queen👑! Ok, time to shed another 25-30 for good.
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    solieco1- where in Colorado? I'm in Saguache County! Let's do this!
  • Jenn112358
    Jenn112358 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • Slider678
    Slider678 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey All-
    Big week 3 weigh-in, in the morning. Wish me luck I have had a rough week but I am determined. Glad to be in such a vibrant and supportive group!
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members. It is a great supportive group! @Slider678 hope you had the results you were hoping for...and if you didn't, just get back up and keep going!
  • GuyanaGold21
    GuyanaGold21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good luck @Slider678!!! Hoping for some negative numbers for you. And thank you for the initial post that started this great group! :)
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi Ellen - Colorado Springs!

https://www.facebook.com/mike.meleski/videos/10219361878944189/?t=21
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »

Hi Ellen - Colorado Springs!

https://www.facebook.com/mike.meleski/videos/10219361878944189/?t=21

Hello Coloradoans! I'm up the hill from you, @solieco1 ! I'm in Florissant. <waving>
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm in! I enjoy these groups with interaction from the "older" folks. I'm 56, but most days don't feel it -- been on MFP since 2012, and though I only want to lose a few lbs./maintain -- I've let exercise slide a bit lately so I'm getting back at it!
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone else from Colorfull (Brisk!) Colorado
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Steve from Idaho here. 64 years young. Have lost about 45 pounds - working on the last 20.

See a few folks from my friends list posting here. Hi, @LynnJ9, @BonnieHosk85 and @Sparkle1098!

• LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    teriseaton wrote: »
    It's a new day; what is everyone's challenge for today? I am terrible at meal planning and do not have anything planned for dinner tonight. Lack of planning is where I get in to trouble because then I eat what is quick and easy.

I had 2 challenges today. I had a conference with a working lunch and the restaurant they chose had no items that would fit in my diet... not even salads. I brought 2 power bars and blueberries and just drank a diet coke.
    Then I had to go back to work for a community barbeque and open house for our families. Again, I was able to only eat the low calorie meal I brought and avoid the hamburgers, potato salad, chips and cookies.
    Why does all social and work events have to center around food?
    Knowing tomorrow is my weigh in helped me be strong.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Steve from Idaho here. 64 years young. Have lost about 45 pounds - working on the last 20.

See a few folks from my friends list posting here. Hi, @LynnJ9, @BonnieHosk85 and @Sparkle1098!

Welcome! This is a great group!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Welcome, @Guy6583! Glad to have you with us!

Glad to have you with us, @solieco1! I love Colorado!!

Hi @vern159, same story here. I’m determined that 2019 will be the year I reach my healthy body goals!

Hi, @Jenn112358!

@Slider678, where do you weigh in? Congrats on the loss!

Glad you’re with us, @beachgal0626! This is a great group you’ve joined.

Hi, @ellenecoxcox75! Welcome!

@PartyPerson, what a great goal to keep your thoughts positive. And props to whoever cleaned out the dishwasher!!

Hey, @alteredsteve175! Glad you’re here too. You’ll love this group! What an encouragement you are to me!!

Welcome, @TonyB0588! Glad you’re with us! Congrats on those steps!! Amazing!

@LynnJ9, congrats on the great loss. Your dedication is inspiring!

• PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @TonyB0558 I think those steps would kill me - are there at least some Sherpas half way up or a base camp? Great achievement!
    @LynnJ9 Brill result - keep it up

Welcome to anyone I've missed, been a tricky day today and so I'm off to bed for a bit. Wake me up in a week or so.