What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, 2 egg omelette with green pepper, spinach, and cheese
    Lunch: Some kind of Asian chili my friend made??
    Dinner: Probably going to be leftover turkey, sweet potato, and black bean chili topped with cheese and maybe a little sour cream
    Snacks: Grapes, lite and fit greek yogurt, hot chocolate w/ marshmallows, & probably a few Ruffles
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Oui caramelized apple yogurt, 1 hard-boiled egg, coffee
    Lunch: refried bean tostadas with shredded lettuce & cheddar cheese, green onion & salsa
    Dinner: wheat pasta with an alfredo sauce made in the Vitamix from cauliflower, almond milk, carrots & nutritional yeast. Probably do a pretty large serving and nothing else.
  • Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    B- coffee, blueberry pancakes, 3 slices chicken bacon, an orange

L- 6 whole wheat crackers, 1 wedge laughing cow cheese, 3 slices deli Turkey

D- red thai curry with chicken, green beans, sweet potato and carrot

Snack was a simply protien bar....double chocolate :D
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Such great menus and ideas!
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    6aimxq85e16s.jpeg
    njtwfl5xw01m.jpeg
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Today's breakfast was scrambled mess of eggs, super-duper powdered vegetables, chia seeds, and kale along with some bacon. That and several cups of coffee, one with keto creamer and one with heavy cream.

Dinner will be sausage links with steamed cabbage and butter.

Just before bedtime I'll have a square of dark chocolate.
  • Boomshakalaka01
    Boomshakalaka01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Due to a hectic schedule we've been eating at restaurants a little more (not fast food). Each time, I eat only half of what's on the plate for portion control. Otherwise, I'm grabbing blueberries, walnuts, cold cuts, carrots, brocccoli, steaming rice, baking chicken, mixing corn in with w/e when I'm not cooking. (I guess I toss everything into a pan and see what comes out sometimes too. lol)
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    B- avocado, granola, coffee
    L- fruit salad & yogurt
    D- ham&swiss on 12 grain
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Meal 1:
    *Ezekiel 4:9 golden flax sprouted grain cereal with plain whole-milk yogurt and a pear
    *two slices of Ezekiel 4:9 cinnamon raisin sprouted grain bread with no sugar or salt added almond butter
    *16oz unsweetened soymilk

Snack 1:
    *ONE birthday cake protein bar
    *two cups of tea, Lipton matcha green and cinnamon chamomile lavender

Meal 2:
    *whole-wheat pita with black bean hummus and a tomato
    *bowl with quinoa, lima beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, spinach, tricolor bell peppers, paprika, and black pepper

Snack 2:
    *Hippeas chickpea puffs, sriracha flavor
    *vitamin D3 supplement

totals: no white flour, ~5-6g refined sugar (from pita, hummus, and Hippeas), 105g protein. I worked out and ate more than usual today.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    tauwxyda9t9t.jpeg

Bone marrow burger with roasted scallions on top!
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Chickpea flour pancake with coconut and maple syrup
    Whole grain tortillas with seitan, hummus, and spinach
    Banana
    5 Gardein bbq wings
    Roasted broccoli
    Butternut squash mac and cheese with mushrooms and onion.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Meal 2:
    *whole-wheat pita with black bean hummus and a tomato

Didn't know black bean hummus existed. Sounds good!
  • laurenq1991
    Options
    Didn't know black bean hummus existed. Sounds good!

Yeah they have it at the store now! It has corn, tomatoes, etc. in it so it's kind of Southwestern in flavor.

https://lantanafoods.com/black-bean/

• jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Porridge with cocoa powder and blueberries
    Lunch: Chicken wrap with sundried tomatoes, olives, capers and light mayo
    Dinner: Vietnamese sticky rice and pork (takeaway)
    Snack: Fibre one chocolate fudge brownie
    Drinks: 1.5 pints of beer
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with half and half, turkey chili topped with cheese
    Lunch: Leftover Moroccan chickpea, sausage, and kale soup my friend made
    Snack: Grapes, lite and fit greek yogurt
    Dinner: Homemade felafel in a pita with spinach, tomato, homemade tziki sauce, and probably feta cheese
    Dessert: Cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows, 1 serving Enlightened ice cream
  • rohhse
    rohhse Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, since I haven't planned today yet:
    Breakfast: Cinnamon raisin bagel thin with strawberry cream cheese
    Lunch: Half a fresh stack of Ritz crackers and maple oatmeal
    Afternoon: Siggi's mixed berries yogurt and granola
    Evening: Popcorn and homemade pizza baked on naan bread
    Total 1,624 calories

So far today:
    Breakfast: Cinnamon raisin bagel thin with egg and cheese
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with peppers, onions, mushrooms & Sriracha, black coffee
    Lunch, Part 1: 2/3 of a pepperoni Hot Pocket. Horrible to me. I can't believe I ate those daily as a teenager, ew.
    Lunch, Part 2: potatoes & green beans, steamed, and 2 small homemade chocolate chip & pecan cookies with Earl Grey tea
    Dinner: crab nachos (at home), heavy on the sauteed veggies & peppers, with salsa & sour cream and light on the chips & pepper jack cheese
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    4wrv3v3610rw.jpeg
    cqf3bl6v4ju1.jpeg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Breakfast: I made a little breakfast sandwich out of an over hard egg with Velveeta cheese, salt and pepper on a toasted, light English muffin. Coffee with coconut creamer.

Lunch: Rottiserie chicken on wheat. Snack sized bag of Pirate's Booty. Sugar free Jello Snack Pack.

Dinner: I diced 4 oz of chicken tenderloins into nugget shapes, dredged it in Frank's Hot Sauce, then tossed it in some Extra Crispy Shake and Bake. Stuck it in the air fryer with a serving of fries, then used Bolthouse Ranch and ketchup for sauces. Serious comfort food that tasted way more decadent than 300 calories!

Snacks: Edible Cookie Dough. Seriously, your life will be changed by this hack. One tablespoon of a nut butter (the guy I swiped this from said sunflower seed butter works best because it's very neutral tasting, but I use Better than Butter Low Sodium Peanut Butter and you don't even taste the peanuts), 34 g of any flavored protein powder (experiment with flavors and mix ins!), almond or cashew milk to mix to desired consistency, and the sweetener of your choice. I will say that you often don't need sweetener if the protein is sweet enough, but I will use Truvia brown sugar or stevia for ones that aren't. Play with it. I then fold in a serving of Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips (best bang for your calorie buck) and refrigerate for a few hours. I like it fairly chilled and thick. It is so delicious and filling, and it's really just nut butter and protein powder. Quest protein has the best calorie count for this, but anything works.

Oh, and I had some baby carrots dipped in taco hummus earlier. Nice!
  • laurenq1991
    Options
    Meal 1:
    *Ezekiel 4:9 golden flax sprouted grain cereal with plain whole-milk yogurt and mixed berries from frozen
    *two slices of Ezekiel 4:9 cinnamon raisin sprouted grain bread with no sugar or salt added almond butter
    *chia pudding -- chia seeds, cocoa powder, unsweetened soymilk -- even though it takes much longer to "gel" in the refrigerator with the soymilk, it makes it taste way better, like the creamy texture of actual chocolate pudding

Snack:
    *two mugs of chamomile tea with a bit of unsweetened soymilk

Meal 2: Went out to a vegan restaurant with friends. I go here pretty often and these are two of my favorite things from there.
    *vegan "butter chicken" -- mock chicken, veganized butter chicken sauce, lots of caramelized onions, on a bed of kale with tomatoes, and brown rice with oil on the side
    *for a healthier dessert I had fresh watermelon juice, which was really a whole watermelon puree

Not sure on the white flour and refined sugar for today, since I went out to eat who knows. I had to do a lot of guessing on the dinner macros but for protein I estimated around 84g today.