New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    z852tislcyzt.png
    Seems interesting...I'm giving this a trial. It's essentially erythritol + sucralose + soluble corn fiber (same fiber that's used in quest bars). Not planning on using a ton @ once

I don't understand why companies add fiber to everything. I usually eat 2 or more times the amount you should have per day and I don't even try to eat high fiber foods.
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Has anyone had them ?
    xecsx6eaz83s.jpg
    igwk3q4itayd.jpg

I kept talking about that at work telling my coworker she should buy them when she went to get her milkshake at Burger King. She did & let me try one & it definitely tastes like Funnel Cake!

Two twins that do food reviews on Instagram said that they taste even better with the Mini Cinis icing.

The Mini Cinis were terrible, so I would gladly use my icing for these!

It's appealing to those who wish to limit/restrict carbohydrates yet use sweet flavoring
    I'm not too crazy about various fiber or even pre-biotic additives; some of which one really needs to watch the quantity due to massive GI distress (new ones seem very potent...particularly "chickory root extract"; some with alluose, soluble corn fiber seems less potent in comparison...my n=1 take on trial & error of various new trendy fiber/prebiotic food additives).
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    New obsession = No Cow Energy Protein Bars. Normally I’m not a pea protein person AT ALL but I really enjoyed the flavor of this bar, and the texture!!!! I looked at the ingredients list and it has “coffee flour” on there... I had no clue that was a thing! It’s DELICIOUS! I can’t wait to try the other flavors!
    The salt isn’t overpowering and the chocolate is so rich!!!!
    nmgsj82icxwb.jpeg

Could I ask where you bought these?

I saw them at The Vitamin Shoppe yesterday...
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    32l2bcggm8u5.png
    z7rfy6ah4ev3.png
    9hzp91jfa5mx.png
    jyk3enzg8c2o.png
    9lkd74jkca4e.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Looks like ice cream flavors!vy7jdgagi3il.png
  • mandi82014
    mandi82014 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    FYI guys! Bang Energy drink cases are BOGO half off at The Vitamin Shoppe online!
    Not sure if this happens frequently!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    widgit808 wrote: »
    Excited to try these. I love raisin bran and bananas so have high hopes. Thinking of mixing the strawberry rice krispies with my banana creme frosted flakes for nice lil strawberry banana moment
    okka7kk4h1f2.jpg

This gave me the idea that mixing the banana and chocolate frosted flakes would probably be awesome. Also mixing the strawberry krispies with chocolate krispies for a chocolate strawberry! Now I have to buy them to try it, haha!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    nvccb6p04ydu.png
    >
    a6r0oh8l3mwj.png

I'm liking splenda with fiber over splenda naturals; fiber version is not nearly as sweet & isn't nearly as granular in terms of texture. No issues with GI upset with fiber version (soluble corn fiber); composition-wise, fiber version uses less sugar alcohols. Mainly just used with some water to make cheap store brand Greek yogurts more palatable
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options

This gave me the idea that mixing the banana and chocolate frosted flakes would probably be awesome. Also mixing the strawberry krispies with chocolate krispies for a chocolate strawberry! Now I have to buy them to try it, haha![/quote]

@Noreenmarie1234 great idea! Could also throw the strawberry krispies in with the choc and banana flakes for something banana split esq
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    They are not super new and I have been eating them for about a year but those Skyr yogurts are amazing. I love the Siggis drinkable ones. Very tasty imo.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Just curious what you all think of Lil Buff Cakes. Contemplating an order but I want to hear opinions on it. Is it moist? Favorite flavors?

I've tried every flavor they've released of the cake mixes (not the icing because it seems like a lot of unnecessary calories since I enjoy them as is). I definitely like their cocoa crave far more than the regular plain funfetti, but the original funfetti flavor is fun for mixing with different fruit purees if you want to get creative. The mix normally calls for one pouch of applesauce, but if you substitute it for any other fruit puree out there (I'll admit I went crazy in the baby food aisle looking at my pouch options) you can have quite a bit of fun! So far my favorite combination is the cake with Fuel For Fire's (found at Wegmans) Coffee fruit puree, topped with ground cinnamon mixed with granulated erythritol for a low calorie cinnamon-sugar crunch.

But as for seasonal flavors, my favorites are:
    1.) Caramel Apple
    2.) Blueberry
    3.) Ginger shred
    4.) Everything else

I have yet to find a flavor I don't like, but it's a little pricey if you do it as often as I was starting to, so I had to force myself to slow down haha! You can also add other things in them like instant coffee powders, m&ms, etc.
    New obsession = No Cow Energy Protein Bars. Normally I’m not a pea protein person AT ALL but I really enjoyed the flavor of this bar, and the texture!!!! I looked at the ingredients list and it has “coffee flour” on there... I had no clue that was a thing! It’s DELICIOUS! I can’t wait to try the other flavors!
    nmgsj82icxwb.jpeg

Also, first time posting in this thread. I'm usually a lurker, and so I'm a bit slow to catch up on the posts here, but I really appreciate this thread and how everyone posts new things. When I see something interesting from this thread, I try to keep an eye out for it when I go to the store. I picked up the Valentine Day Oreos today because of this thread, and liked them! Thanks everyone!

Welcome to this thread!!!! :D<3
    I bought the No Cow Energy Bar at GNC! Although, I have seen it at the Vitamin Shoppe as someone else mentioned!

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @hgycta :) I was eyeing the starter pack and a bag of Ginger Shred (as it's significantly marked down). That's a good idea about the purees!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ok chocolate lucky charms mixed with fruity lucky charms are amazing😋 i guess you can leave the marshmallows if youre into that kinda thing 😉
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234 which Tumaros wraps are your favorites? Any other wrap brands that are around the same calories & taste?

So far I really like the white wrap & the Honey Wheat. Giant has a few varieties. The only one I didn't care for so far was the Pumpernickel.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Hey all! Just curious what you all think of Lil Buff Cakes. Contemplating an order but I want to hear opinions on it. Is it moist? Favorite flavors?

I've tried every flavor they've released of the cake mixes (not the icing because it seems like a lot of unnecessary calories since I enjoy them as is). I definitely like their cocoa crave far more than the regular plain funfetti, but the original funfetti flavor is fun for mixing with different fruit purees if you want to get creative. The mix normally calls for one pouch of applesauce, but if you substitute it for any other fruit puree out there (I'll admit I went crazy in the baby food aisle looking at my pouch options) you can have quite a bit of fun! So far my favorite combination is the cake with Fuel For Fire's (found at Wegmans) Coffee fruit puree, topped with ground cinnamon mixed with granulated erythritol for a low calorie cinnamon-sugar crunch.

But as for seasonal flavors, my favorites are:
    1.) Caramel Apple
    2.) Blueberry
    3.) Ginger shred
    4.) Everything else

I have yet to find a flavor I don't like, but it's a little pricey if you do it as often as I was starting to, so I had to force myself to slow down haha! You can also add other things in them like instant coffee powders, m&ms, etc.
    nmgsj82icxwb.jpeg

Also, first time posting in this thread. I'm usually a lurker, and so I'm a bit slow to catch up on the posts here, but I really appreciate this thread and how everyone posts new things. When I see something interesting from this thread, I try to keep an eye out for it when I go to the store. I picked up the Valentine Day Oreos today because of this thread, and liked them! Thanks everyone!

Welcome to this thread!!!! :D<3
    I bought the No Cow Energy Bar at GNC! Although, I have seen it at the Vitamin Shoppe as someone else mentioned!

@hgycta a girl I follow on Instagram makes these cakes. On the site they also have cookies & frostings.

http://www.proteincakery.com/
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    19558fde5cd27bd0ea2260d18c23694490074698.jpg

I was happily surprised when I went to Aldis a few weeks ago & they had a lot of vegetarian meat based burgers & crumbles. I'm not a vegetarian, but I have to eat beef free burgers/crumbles due to intestinal issues (certain steaks & steak products seem to be fine). Too be honest I cannot stand most vegetarian burgers, because the taste & texture is not even close to a real burger. This one is not 100% taste or texture wise, but I feel it at least hits the mark fairly close compared to many other products on the market.