suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - skyr yogurt, blueberries, Shreddies

Lunch - Red Pepper/tomato/lentil soup, 3 x crackerbread, banana

Dinner - Homemade pork/aubergine/vegetable mild curry, brown basmati rice
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Post workout - Breakfast. Zone eating, 4 block meal (protein/carb/fat)pdrchpxdgcxn.jpeg
    5ri78x21rcgh.jpeg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Breakfast: toast with a bit of mayo & mustard, 4 pickle slices and a fried egg, coffee
    Lunch: General Tso chicken with extra veggies, no rice & 1 crab rangoon
    Snack (after workout & hike): vanilla protein milk drink
    Dinner: after seeing that photo above, I'm thinking avocado toast, a banana, and a pile of sauteed veggies with Sriracha
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Meal 1: went out to brunch and got
    *veggie omelette (eggs, cheese, carrots, zucchini, and broccoli, added black pepper and hot sauce). Those vegetables seem like weird additions to an omelette but it was actually really good.
    *home fries with peppers and onions, added black pepper to it
    *two slices of white toast with butter. I ordered whole-wheat toast but they gave me white by mistake and I avoid wasting food.
    *unsweetened iced tea with lemon

Snack 1: while doing work at Starbucks
    *unsweetened iced green tea
    *Bare banana, pineapple, and strawberry baked fruit chips. One of the few things at Starbucks that doesn't have refined sugar or white flour, and of course they charge an arm and a leg for it.
    *half of a Spindrift raspberry lime seltzer. My husband had the other half.

Snack 2: at home
    *chia pudding (chia seeds, cocoa powder, unsweetened soymilk)

Dinner:
    *whole-wheat pita with black bean hummus and tomato
    *red lentil rotini with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, spinach, black pepper, and paprika
    *vitamin D3 supplement

Overall: had white flour by mistake, had about 3g of refined sugar (in hummus and pita) plus the toast probably had a couple of grams too, had to estimate macros due to eating out but my estimate was 107g protein (yay!)
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 homemade crepes with Neufchatel filling and blackberry sauce on top (just blackberries cooked down w/ almond extract), coffee
    Lunch: Taco salad...TVP "taco meat", sauteed peppers & onions and 6 crumbled tortilla chips on a large salad with sour cream & salsa verde mixed together for the "dressing"
    Dinner: Morningstar spicy black bean burger on toast with mayo, lettuce, pickle & onions, 1/2 serving steak fries (frozen food), 1 vegan maple walnut blondie & Earl Grey tea.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Leftover slice of pepperoni pizza, 2 pieces of falafel topped with tziziki sauce, a few sips of my boyfriend's vanilla coke
    Dinner: Baked chicken parm with penne and steamed broccoli
    Dessert: Either hot chocolate or dark chocolate oreos, haven't quite decided yet!
  • laurenq1991
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Today was sort of a fail. I have insomnia and I couldn't sleep at all last night, and only got a 2.5 hour nap. I think the cocoa powder in the chia pudding yesterday plus all the tea I drank did it, even though that was hours before my bedtime. AND I had a lot of stuff to do today (finishing work in advance of weekly meeting and doing the laundry and grocery shopping) and was out most of the day, so, I was a zombie. Food was limited to what was around and calorie-dense and required little to no preparation and didn't gross me out (not sleeping gives me nausea). So, avoiding white flour and sugar were a total fail...back on the horse tomorrow. At least I avoided caffeine though.

Breakfast: (aka "meal eaten after giving up on sleep and going for a long walk in the freezing cold to wake up"):
    *ONE birthday cake protein bar
    *16oz unsweetened soymilk
    *8 Wasa rye/flax/oat/sesame crispbreads
    *1/4 cup raisins

Lunch (my husband wanted to do work at Panera today...Panera annoys me because all their plant-based options are very low in calories and/or expensive):
    *Pick Two with grilled cheese and tomato soup with croutons, apple on the side
    *32oz plum ginger hibiscus unsweetened iced herbal tea (at least Panera has unsweetened herbal iced tea which most places don't)
    *brownie (which was way too sweet...I was just trying to increase my calorie count since I wouldn't get to eat again for several more hours)

Dinner (which I'm just eating now at 1AM...because I didn't have time to do it before):
    *Amy's Organic black bean, quinoa, butternut squash, and chard bowl
    *Amy's Organic non-dairy bean and rice burrito
    *8oz of unsweetened cashew milk (I haven't had it in a while and cashew milk is damn good...so much better than the overrated almond milk)
    *5mg melatonin
    *vitamin D supplement

At least I got 87g of protein which is close to my protein goal...time to put away the laundry....
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - oatmeal with melted cheddar and salt and pepper, green apple

Lunch - sandwich on honey wheat bread with deli sliced turkey and white American cheese, Moro blood orange

Dinner - Caesar salad with freshly diced tomatos and cucumbers and cheddar

Snacks - we'll see...
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: mini bagel with strawberry cream cheese
    Lunch: salad (romaine, homemade croutons, hardboiled egg and roasted chicken with Ken's light honey mustard dressing)
    Afternoon snack: Gala apple
    Dinner: Polska kielbasa, roasted mixed veggie (carrots, cauliflower and broc) and baked sweet potato fries
    After dinner snack: if calories left for it, sea salt & vinegar Kettle chips
  • laurenq1991
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Meal 1 (at favorite local diner):
    *huevos rancheros (two sunny-side-up eggs, vegan chorizo, three corn tortillas, black beans with a bit of cheese, home fries, pico de gallo, hot sauce)
    *small mug of jasmine green tea

Snacks:
    *two Velamints sugar-free mints, spearmint flavor
    *The Daily Crave spicy Thai chili quinoa chips, white bean hummus, a tomato with dill, and 16oz unsweetened cashew milk

Dinner:
    *plain whole-milk yogurt
    *one slice of Shop-Rite organic sprouted grain bread (store brand cheaper alternative to Ezekiel 4:9)
    *small bowl of oatmeal with unsweetened soymilk, ground flaxseeds, and mixed berries

Plus 5mg melatonin later.

overall: no white flour, 1g refined sugar (quinoa chips) plus possibly a gram or two in the vegan chorizo, 89g protein
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: sourdough English muffin, 1/2 with butter & strawberry preserves, 1/2 with over easy egg, coffee
    Lunch: salad with imitation crabmeat, green onion, carrots & Thai chili sauce. Smoothie made with ice, 1/2 banana, honeydew, kale & hemp protein powder.
    Dinner: chickpea & vegetable curry with spices & coconut milk, over brown rice
    Later: Russell Stover truffle heart & chamomile tea
  • rainingribbons
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, egg, onion, and green pepper bake topped with cheese and salsa stuffed in a pita.
    Lunch: Crispy thai chicken with a side of homemade fried rice.
    Dinner: Lemon zucchini and chicken skillet
    Snacks: Banana, Greek yogurt, probably a cup of coffee with creamer or tea post work. Either ice cream or hot chocolate for dessert.

Tom came today and I'm having ALL the drink cravings today. o.o
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: I had a really bad headache this morning, so it was just a bowl of Lower Sugar Apple and Cinnamon oatmeal with sliced banana on top. Thankfully my coffee saved me <3

Lunch: Fish Cake on a light bun with cheese and tartar sauce. Fries.

Dinner: I'll probably grab a turkey sub from Subway as I'm at work tonight and didn't meal prep anything. I do a six inch turkey, lettuce, green peppers, banana peppers, cucumber, and a drizzle of light mayo. Probably baked chips as a side.

Snack: Not sure. Maybe a Yasso bar when I get home.
  • AutumLeaf
    AutumLeaf Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    About to make beans, cheese & baked potato for tea.
    Lunch I had Mexican style rice with quorn pieces stir fried with tomatoes & red pepper with paprika.
    Breakfast I had my usual cereal & a cuppa tea.
    Snack I had salted caramel nibbles & may have a KitKat after tea.

@seltzermint555 Happy Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day ^_^!
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    AutumLeaf wrote: »
    About to make beans, cheese & baked potato for tea.
    Lunch I had Mexican style rice with quorn pieces stir fried with tomatoes & red pepper with paprika.
    Breakfast I had my usual cereal & a cuppa tea.
    Snack I had salted caramel nibbles & may have a KitKat after tea.

@seltzermint555 Happy Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day ^_^!

My birthday was back in November but thank you very much!! It was good!
  • laurenq1991
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    *two microwave-scrambled eggs with black pepper and paprika
    *two slices of sprouted grain bread
    *hot cereal -- extra thick rolled oats, ground flaxseeds, no sugar or salt added natural almond butter, mixed berries, cinnamon
    *vegetable plate -- cooked spinach and tricolor bell peppers, raw tomato, with hot sauce and turmeric
    *vitamin D3 supplement (I read it may be better to take it during the day because it can cause sleep problems if taken later)

Lunch:
    *plain whole-milk yogurt
    *The Daily Crave spicy Thai chili quinoa chips, white bean hummus with hot sauce, and a tomato with dill

Snack:
    *two mugs decaf English breakfast tea with 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk in each
    *6 squares of Endangered Species milk chocolate

"Dinner" (I didn't have that many calories left or time so it wasn't really dinner):
    *16oz unsweetened soymilk
    *whole-wheat pita bread

Dessert:
    *half a serving of Go Raw ginger snap raw vegan cookies
    *melatonin

overall goals: no white flour, about 10g refined sugar, 90g protein
  • rainingribbons
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Snack: Black cherry greek yogurt
    Lunch: Thai garlic shrimp with fried rice
    Afternoon snack: Grapes
    Dinner: Chicken and zucchini skillet
    Dessert: Either hot chocolate or ice cream
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: French bread toast with peanut butter, cara cara orange, iced moka.

Lunch: salmon salad on saltines, crudites (baby carrots, tomato slices, yellow pepper, broccoli) with ranch dip.

Dinner: Instant Pot "roast" chicken, rice, pan gravy, green beans, yellow squash.

I'm going to try not to snack today -- I tore my Achilles tendon last week, so my activity is seriously reduced. (And it's not like I was a triathlete before, LOL.) I won't beat myself up if I end up grabbing an apple or some cheese, but the plan is not to snack. I'm also having slightly smaller, lighter meals.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - oatmeal with shredded crook neck squash, melted cheddar, salt and pepper

Lunch - turkey sandwich on honey wheat bread with American cheese, Moro blood orange, veggie chips

Dinner - baked potato, Caesar salad

Snacks - we'll see
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, pineapple, coffee
    Lunch: Salad with greek yogurt dressing, skinny pop popcorn, protein bar
    Dinner: Chili with cheddar cheese and sour cream, cara cara orange
    Snacks: Apple, Light and fit greek yogurt and 1/2 pint enlightened ice cream

~1500 calories