2 years of maintenance - 130+ pounds lost

Replies

• frogsongs
    frogsongs Posts: 12 Member
    This is exactly the post I've been looking for. I hope you're still thriving, OP, because this post is perfect. It articulates exactly what I have been hoping to hear someone say. Amazing. ♥️
  • Wow... I just got started on MFP and I've been reading a lot of success stories for motivation. I'm starting to feel that this is really possible for me too and that in time with dedication and consistency I will reach my goal weight and maintain it. I want to tell you that your story and your philosophy about life, food and weight loss is the one that resonates most with me. Thank you for posting this!
  • consecrated975
    consecrated975 Posts: 1 Member
    You made me cry, especially the part about hating yourself and feeling the judgement every time you walk out the door. I need to lose about 130 and have been stuck at 45. I'm living the new lifestyle and enjoying renewed energy, but can't get the losing kickstarted again. Anyway, is it ok to receive respect from those who judged you when you were larger, and now that you are small, do you find yourself judging those who are large and not trying to reign in their habits?
  • Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Whoa! Best post ever! Very very insightful! Congrats on your hard work and dedication.
  • randielizabethwatts
    randielizabethwatts Posts: 51 Member
    <3 Awesome post very good read
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Thank you for this post. So much hard-earned wisdom here!
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Thank you for the post! I needed it!
  • jonesite
    jonesite Posts: 40 Member
    Fantastic! Your description of your journey and maintenance was so inspiring. Thank you
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    This is a great post--bump
  • orionuer
    orionuer Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you so much for this, I have never gotten to my goal weight, and I always have questions about what happens once you do. You have addressed all my concerns, and you looked absolutely gorgeous before and now too.
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Thank you for these fantastic insights!
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    I am totally inspired by what you wrote. You summarised all my feelings and it's great knowing what I feel is normal.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Amazing, inspiring, normal, positive, like this alot - and so on!
    Thumbs up, enjoy your active life with your active son!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited October 2018
    This is a post from 2015, nice bumping though :smiley: , I haven't peeked through all the 25 pages but hope the OP will be back to tell us how she's doing now in year 5 of maintenance.

It's a fabulous thread, OP is an inspiration and she's not alone in her success, there are so many long time maintainers still here, I'm one of them :smiley: .
  • marysabetournay
    marysabetournay Posts: 69 Member
    you look wonderful!
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss/maintenance!! So so so inspiring!

I always went for low carb diets and such in the past (which didn't work since I am back here I guess!) and decided this time that I would form good sustainable habits. I used to graze all day on processed crap. I would eat entire bags of chips and crackers, finish an entire tub of ice cream. I would raid the cupboards, eat my husbands treats, and then run to the store to replace them so he wouldn't know... I KNOW! That's really bad.

Now I eat three square meals a day and allow myself a portion of whatever I want for dessert. I don't cut out anything but like you I keep my carbs to 100-150g and focus on whole grains, veggies and fruits for the most part. Nothing is cut out, but I try and crowd out the processed foods with whole foods. I feel much better eating this way and I feel like I am less obsessed about food. My biggest thing was to stop using food as a crutch. I tried to use food to feel less empty, but I don't think I need to say it never worked and only made me feel worse.

I lost 9lbs so far and I have another 37lbs to lose!

Thanks for sharing your incredible story!!!! ♥
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    :o:o:o
  • Good job!
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    Thank you for bumping this! I needed to read this today! Congratulations OP and you definitely have a gift of writing! Love your outlook on the journey! This time around I've been working on the self love side of it far more which is a work in process but focusing so much on it is what's keeping me doing it! ❤❤❤❤
  • LBeanLV
    LBeanLV Posts: 3 Member
    This was fantastic! Thank you for posting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!