mbaker566 wrote: »
    Ways to make coffee in the woods 🤔

pour over.
    trqwbpd0yamy.png

I do this at home. Idk why. The coffee is good though
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    Ever secretly want the collapse of society? We need a reset button.

I have romanticized that, yes. It’s a lot if the appeal in post-apocalyptic novels

the only thing i remember (i think at least) from Alas, Babylon was the scene where someone dies from absentmindedly wearing a ring that had become irradiated after the fallout

Into the Forest when the father dies because he was an idiot with a chainsaw...

I was very recently trying to explain the appeal of this genre to someone who was more fed on adventure quest stuff and it was difficult to put into words. We almost had different worldviews and I wonder which came first.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member

I have romanticized that, yes. It’s a lot if the appeal in post-apocalyptic novels

the only thing i remember (i think at least) from Alas, Babylon was the scene where someone dies from absentmindedly wearing a ring that had become irradiated after the fallout

I was very recently trying to explain the appeal of this genre to someone who was more fed on adventure quest stuff and it was difficult to put into words. We almost had different worldviews and I wonder which came first.

we haven't had a good old fashioned "what r ur post-apocalyptic plans" thread in a while now, but i feel like it'd just be all zombie-based responses, so better to just let it remain a dead topic probably.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Now I'm thinking about what the best post apocalyptic outfit would be...if I only had one.
    It would have to be practical, easy to wash (in a lake or river?), dry quick...hmm

Leggings definitely, for range of motion, running climbing etc. Tank top and a sweater with pockets...pockets that do up

Actually, this just sounds like my "go to" fall, winter, spring outfit (except for the pockets that do up, is that even a thing on sweaters?)

I'm stuck on the shoes tho, damn...even at the end of civilization I'll be hauling around a change of shoes "just incase".
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Now I'm thinking about what the best post apocalyptic outfit would be...if I only had one.
    It would have to be practical, easy to wash (in a lake or river?), dry quick...hmm

Leggings definitely, for range of motion, running climbing etc. Tank top and a sweater with pockets...pockets that do up

Actually, this just sounds like my "go to" fall, winter, spring outfit (except for the pockets that do up, is that even a thing on sweaters?)

I'm stuck on the shoes tho, damn...even at the end of civilization I'll be hauling around a change of shoes "just incase".

It’s like fall/winter hiking - light layers. Shoes are a problem though
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member

you get me.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    I dont want to work out anymore. I'm so over this
  • iMago

loin cloth and rope so you keep up with the rest of the caravan
  • iMago
    if i cant wear my skinny jeans in the post apocalyptic world i might as well be dead

you'd never make it. one head shaving to prevent lice later and you'd be looking for a cave to hide in. also there would be a pack of coyotes in the cave and they'd have mange.
  • Vikka_V

maybe boots and a scarf, like knee high boots

A scarf is a great idea, it could be multi functional
  • Vikka_V

You are right, who am I kidding, this would be me and I'd wear what I was told to....until I slaughtered the caravan leader, and went rogue, travelling only by night (only because I like to stay up all night and sleep all day!)
  • iMago
    if i cant wear my skinny jeans in the post apocalyptic world i might as well be dead

you'd never make it. one head shaving to prevent lice later and you'd be looking for a cave to hide in. also there would be a pack of coyotes in the cave and they'd have mange.

we both know i’d pop the pill like eva braun if there wasnt any electricity or running water anyways so

You are right, who am I kidding, this would be me and I'd wear what I was told to....until I slaughtered the caravan leader, and went rogue, travelling only by night (only because I like to stay up all night and sleep all day!)

Jj6iIne.gif
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Low carb, high fat, low protein junk food

check out gnomgnom.com

make her cheesecake!
  • CoffeeAndContour
    My throat hurts. Boo.

lemon and honey tea.
    sending healing vibes!
  • CoffeeAndContour
    Really wish I knew how to be gentle or loving to self. All I know is rough and brutal drag by the hair when it comes to me. A puppy today really made me feel like special for 1 min as he jumped up excited to hug me. I could cry inside right now as that’s the highlight of my week.

I like reading post here it’s the closest I come to connection with others on fitness

If you ever feel like picking up a new book - The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown. It could be an excellent read for you. Also hugs, I've been there, and hugs are never a bad thing.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member

Post apocalyptic stories are always told from the survivors point of view while the overwhelming majority of people involved don't make it through the event. short stories like ' asteroid struck and I slowly suffocated on the ash and dust", " shot to death by Walmart employee while trying to liberate supplies" or " power went out and my neighbor skulled me with a brick to take my bug out camper" that should be a genre. Guess just apocalyptic
  • your_future_ex_wife
    This_far wrote: »

Post apocalyptic stories are always told from the survivors point of view while the overwhelming majority of people involved don't make it through the event. short stories like ' asteroid struck and I slowly suffocated on the ash and dust", " shot to death by Walmart employee while trying to liberate supplies" or " power went out and my neighbor skulled me with a brick to take my bug out camper" that should be a genre. Guess just apocalyptic

Because there’s no story there. And yeah, it’s definitely romanticizing. Like folks who think it’d be cool to live during the Renaissance. Maybe if you were ultra wealthy. MAYBE. But I really dig indoor plumbing
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    This_far wrote: »

Because there’s no story there. And yeah, it’s definitely romanticizing. Like folks who think it’d be cool to live during the Renaissance. Maybe if you were ultra wealthy. MAYBE. But I really dig indoor plumbing

I don't see the appeal of the post apocalyptic worlds portrayed in fiction and the movies. They just look stressful. There are no showers and no loose leaf tea. Not a world I yearn for.
  • RunDesprate
    RunDesprate Posts: 63 Member
    202h2dt30sj3.jpeg