JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 - I talked to the manager on Monday - she said the owner was not willing to come up on the salary. I tried to negotiate paid vacation time, another no go. The one positive is they cover 75% of health insurance, so that is less of an expense. But is it enough to for me not to feel resentful in a year or two when I'm making the same salary with no room for advancement? That's what I'm not sure of. Actually, I am pretty sure I would be resentful. And I don't want to start at a job, just to be looking again in two years. So I bought myself until atleast Thursday to give them a desicion - but I'm not really sleeping well!!! I do have an offer at the pool store I used to work at, for a slightly lower hourly wage, but it would just be a summer commitment - I would still keep the 20 hours at the family business - and then in October, I would be able to look for something I WANT, not something I NEED without the urgency to "just get a job." I received a request to interview for a purchasing position with an 80k/year salary today - DH could be a stay at home dad to our future babies if I made that kind of money! It's an hour commute with no traffic though - more like 1.5-2 realistically, so I really don't think its a great fit for me, where I do want to have kids soon. BUT - it gave me the confidence boost I needed to know that I AM worth more salary wise than this current offer - I just need to be patient to find the right place, with the right salary. Whoops - speak of the devil and he shows up, manager just contacted me about the inside sales position. I think I'm going to decline it - gosh this is all so hard. Thank you for asking :) How are you holding up?

I am trying very hard not to panic and sort of enjoy this time. Like you, I don’t want a job just to have a job. I truly dislike changing jobs so I want something long term. The job I’m really hoping for closes tomorrow, I’m still praying I get called for it.

I think you are wise not to take that position if they aren’t willing to negotiate at all. It will mean struggling later for any concessions.

OMG it closes tomorrow! Time sure does fly - I've been saying my prayers for you! Have you thought about calling to say you are very interested and would really like to be considered? I guess peoples opinion on doing that can go both ways, but I'm one to think it really cant hurt to have them take an extra look at your resume before deciding. Wishing you the best of luck!!!
    @Snowflake1968 - I talked to the manager on Monday - she said the owner was not willing to come up on the salary. I tried to negotiate paid vacation time, another no go. The one positive is they cover 75% of health insurance, so that is less of an expense. But is it enough to for me not to feel resentful in a year or two when I'm making the same salary with no room for advancement? That's what I'm not sure of. Actually, I am pretty sure I would be resentful. And I don't want to start at a job, just to be looking again in two years. So I bought myself until atleast Thursday to give them a desicion - but I'm not really sleeping well!!! I do have an offer at the pool store I used to work at, for a slightly lower hourly wage, but it would just be a summer commitment - I would still keep the 20 hours at the family business - and then in October, I would be able to look for something I WANT, not something I NEED without the urgency to "just get a job." I received a request to interview for a purchasing position with an 80k/year salary today - DH could be a stay at home dad to our future babies if I made that kind of money! It's an hour commute with no traffic though - more like 1.5-2 realistically, so I really don't think its a great fit for me, where I do want to have kids soon. BUT - it gave me the confidence boost I needed to know that I AM worth more salary wise than this current offer - I just need to be patient to find the right place, with the right salary. Whoops - speak of the devil and he shows up, manager just contacted me about the inside sales position. I think I'm going to decline it - gosh this is all so hard. Thank you for asking :) How are you holding up?

I am trying very hard not to panic and sort of enjoy this time. Like you, I don’t want a job just to have a job. I truly dislike changing jobs so I want something long term. The job I’m really hoping for closes tomorrow, I’m still praying I get called for it.

I think you are wise not to take that position if they aren’t willing to negotiate at all. It will mean struggling later for any concessions.

OMG it closes tomorrow! Time sure does fly - I've been saying my prayers for you! Have you thought about calling to say you are very interested and would really like to be considered? I guess peoples opinion on doing that can go both ways, but I'm one to think it really cant hurt to have them take an extra look at your resume before deciding. Wishing you the best of luck!!!

I am so divided on that. In this instance, I’m not even sure who to contact as it was an online application through the City website. I don’t know if it’s someone at the Rec Centre that would be hiring or if it’s a hiring manager with the city. Personally as someone who was a hiring manager for 7 years. I hated those calls and it made me not actually call them for an interview as the ads I posted specifically said “no phone calls”, my thought was if they can’t follow that instruction how will I be able to manage them effectively. So I’m torn on it. I’m thinking positively, praying and just knowing if it’s meant for me I’ll get it, if not it wasn’t meant for me.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Hi Everyone... I'm having my second biopsy Wednesday evening at 6:00 p.m.
    I have spoken to my family that I will not be "driving Mrs. Daisy" for the rest of the week.
    I'm totally going to take care of myself. I have canned soup so that I won't be overeating
    and bottled water by my bed, so I can really take it easy and heal.

Mammogram was last week and breasts are still tender . All in All, I welcome these
    tests because my body is worth all the efforts I can put in to have a life of quality.
    I will be on meds so I'm not sure if my log in streak will continue... Lol…. But I will try.
    I'm Thankful, and Optimistic🙌🙏
    Love all of you.

Mary, I obviously missed some big news....can I ask what biopsy is of? I didn’t realize there was a first biopsy! Prayers and gentle hugs my friend. ❤️

It's my cervix... Ouch... Wouldn't you know it... I haven't had a man down there in 9 years and the first
    man I get is a doctor, but he's not going to be down there to make me purrr.... LMBO😂😂😂😂😂
    Story of my life.
    Wanna hear something else funny. I have a friend in my life who happens to be almost everything
    I could ever want in a man...the "almost" part... He's Homosexual....😂😂😂😂😂
    STICK A FORK IN ME CAUSE I'M DONE😂😂😂
    LOVE YOU.

Oh Mary, no matter how much this sucks you say it in a way that makes me laugh. My wish for you is that your biopsy is all clear and you find the perfect man to make you purr.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Okay i stopped at 2 drinks, feel a bit better about it, theres always a way.

Anyway, when i was doing my make up this morning Marley took an interest jn it, kept asking what things were so i was telling her, this is my beauty blender, this is my foundation, this is my eyeliner, she liked the eyeliner...so much infact...
    fimp493zigl8.jpg
    87mny7gigxnf.jpg

She even drew on his balls LOL

im not letting this housing thing ruin the rest of my day, even though i was pretty annoyed about the eyeliner..
  • Bex953172
    Options
    YIPPIEEEEE! I DON'T HAVE CERVICAL CANCER!!! HALLELUJAH!!! I HURRIED ON HERE TO
    SHARE THIS NEWS!!! AND THERE WAS A MISPLACEMENT OF MY TEST RESULTS AND LONG
    STORY SHORT... I DIDN'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH WITH THE SECOND BIOPSY!!! HALLELUJAH!!

Oh wonderful news!!
    Now to find yourself a man and get purring LOL!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    STORY SHORT... I DIDN'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH WITH THE SECOND BIOPSY!!! HALLELUJAH!!

Happiest news we’ve had on here for a while!! Now just to find that man! So happy for you, you must be so relieved.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay i stopped at 2 drinks, feel a bit better about it, theres always a way.

Anyway, when i was doing my make up this morning Marley took an interest jn it, kept asking what things were so i was telling her, this is my beauty blender, this is my foundation, this is my eyeliner, she liked the eyeliner...so much infact...
    fimp493zigl8.jpg
    87mny7gigxnf.jpg

She even drew on his balls LOL

im not letting this housing thing ruin the rest of my day, even though i was pretty annoyed about the eyeliner..

Oh my! I’m really not laughing that hard. :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Weekly weigh in, averaged over 7 days.
    Up and down, Up and down..... I wish I could just have a down spiral for a while.

ae973a0gjru0.png
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

Yaaaahhoooo!!! Thank you fot sharing the good news! I'm so happy with you and for you!!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

Yay!! Great news. So relieved for you Mary!
  • Faebert
    Options
    @Bex953172 - that sucks re the house. Well done for stopping at two drinks. And bless Marley for keeping you entertained with the doggie makeover!

@snowflake1968 - I so hope you get this job!!! Everything crossed for you 🤞🏼
  • Faebert
    Options
    Am up super early this morning due to the cat. Was going to go back to bed after I let him out but decided to get some work done instead. Will be a long day now so hoping I can stay awake and energetic enough to handle the small people at work and at home! Good day yesterday though so motivated to keep on track.

Wednesday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ longest ever at nearly 5 miles!!
    - Early to work - staff choir plus print dragon masks ✅
    - Meet E mum and prep cooking activity ✅
    - IM meeting ❎ postponed to Thursday
    - Assembly prep ✅
    - Planning time in afternoon - veg snack only ✅
    - Water! ✅
    - Eyebrows and tanning after work? ❎ meetings overran
    - Chase other mum re joint party prep ✅
    - Re read 2019 goals - stay mindful ❎ didn’t need to! Staying focussed
    - Early night ✅

Thursday goals:
    - morning workout
    - More assembly prep
    - Water
    - IM meeting
    - Phonics screening
    - Eyebrows and tanning after work
    - Health food store
    - Only 1 evening snack
    - Early night
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40. So pleased for you

@Bex953172. Thanks for getting the morning started with a smile. What a lovely patient dog, and a patient mum to clean up! Hope the housing is sorted soon.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 7 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit goals
    Walk before work
    January water challenge
    Modified February nighttime challenge
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    13ecca4 wrote: »
    JFT – small goals to start off with
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal :)
    Go to my PT session tonight :)
    Download happy scale and start tracking my weight trends :)

All goals completed yesterday
    JFT - Thursday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal
    Do a food plan for next week
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT – small goals to start off with
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal :)
    Go to my PT session tonight :)
    Download happy scale and start tracking my weight trends :)

All goals completed yesterday
    JFT - Thursday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal
    Do a food plan for next week

Nice one! Its great when you achieve everything isnt it!!
    How was your PT session, what do they do with you? i once had a free PT because i worked for a gym and by chance there was a new PT who needed "a project" and everyone was actually hesitating and I was like ME ME ME!
    and then he worked my butt off and reduced me to tears numerous times LOL
    Did me good though!
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Nice one! Its great when you achieve everything isnt it!!
    How was your PT session, what do they do with you? i once had a free PT because i worked for a gym and by chance there was a new PT who needed "a project" and everyone was actually hesitating and I was like ME ME ME!
    and then he worked my butt off and reduced me to tears numerous times LOL
    Did me good though!

Yeah, even just achieving the little things put you in a great mood!
    I actually really enjoy going now. I started in November last year and go Wednesdays and Saturdays.
    We did a Bi’s and Tri’s day yesterday!

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Workout at home👍
    4. 1 after dinner snack👍

Actually had a good day yesterday. Hope to keep that momentum going a little while.
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Barre class
    4. 1 after dinner snack
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 , what marvellous news. So pleased for you!

@Bex953172 , I didn't expect to see the photo of the dog ha ha.

@Snowflake1968, Sending more good vibes for the job you want.

JFT 6th February

Log accurately DONE
    Stay within calories JUST WITHIN
    Make a proper meal tonight YES, LOTS OF VEG
    Get the book back out and do some more exercises DID SOME, NOT ENOUGH
    Walk to the shops YES
    Do some major housework SOME, NOT ENOUGH
    Sort out some paperwork which is looking very messy DIDN'T FINISH THIS EITHER!

JFT 7th February

Log accurately
    Stay within calories
    Make a proper meal tonight
    Do more back exercises
    Walk to the shops
    Housework
    Paperwork

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »

I struggle with consistency, too.
    Also with leaving work-same issue. And although I didn't list it on my JFT, laundry is something I need to do tonight, too.

Great job, yesterday! (I done good, too... lol)

Hope you have a nice day!

Thank you! It's nice to see someone else struggles with the same things I do, and great job to you! I am trying to get my life organized (and keep it that way, that's the kicker) which is a constant battle to stay on top of. I hope you have a great day!

Here's yesterday, pretty proud of myself as I really did not want to do the laundry part..

JFT 2/6:

1. Go for a walk on my lunch break 😊
    2. Stay within my calorie goal😊
    3. Leave work by 5:30 (I have a problem of working late way too often)😊
    4. Do a load of laundry😊
    5. Put away the clean laundry😊

And today, 2/7:

1. Go for a walk on my lunch break
    2. Stay within my calorie goal
    3. Leave work by 5:30
    4. Cook dinner (also have a problem with this and getting takeout way too often, that gets expensive!)
    5. Put away more laundry