WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :)Machka, I'm glad to hear that there is no broken bone.

:)Rori, when I have to walk on an icy spot, I do what I call the "old lady walk" which is exactly what you described. It has served me well. Jake always want to take my arm to help me and I have to explain that I need to be in control of my own balance.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    Options
    Heather ... hugs ....

Rori ... the number one favorite part of my new car is the heated seats! Some mornings they feel so good I don’t want to get leave them!

Beth
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    B)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Snowing all day today. I spent two hours chipping out driveway yesterday. Salt only went so far. Glad I did it before the snow hit. Got my exercise for sure yesterday. I did make it to choir and voice lesson yesterday. I can tell difference in my singing voice the high F and G are much easier and less sharp now. I did hit an A in a warm up. I am relearning how to sing the high notes.

Pip know what you mean. I just add a few things back like bread for a sandwich and a couple of pounds came right back.

It really does matter what I eat not just the calories.

I do need to be more active at night too. I have gotten in habit on falling asleep in front of TV again. Another problem for me in the struggle to keep weight down at a healthy level.

:heart: Margaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    (((Heather)))

Cheryl: I have a warm spot in my heart for dogs that are black & tan with tan eyebrow dots and legs. My very first puppy was marked that way. He had a white chest, too. He was mostly cocker spaniel with a drop of Pekingese and I named him Trigger. I was 5 and Roy Rogers was my hero. :heart:

Rori: Our PNW take on snowy weather is based on a combination of lack of experience & fear of other drivers. Not enough people know what to do to stay safe. The roadways can be a destruction derby. I-5 between Seattle and California has uncountable fender-benders and wrecks if there is any ice or snow. Black ice is the worst because drivers frequently can’t see it. :ohwell:

Machka: Great news for your bones!!!!! I’m sorry to hear about the joint cartilage, though. I have a knee with cartilage problems. It is chronically sore. I had one MRI that upset me to the point that they had to stop early. I was totally claustrophobic. The last time I went in I was in a different machine and had plenty of headroom. Much better!

Lisa: It sounds like you are doing well after surgery. :heart:

Kymarai: I am so sorry about your aunt’s situation. :flowerforyou:

Allie: Congrats on the 14lb loss!!! :star:

Sharon: I’ve had chicken pox and have had shingles vaccine more than once because there was an updated version available. Hopefully the shingles stay away. DH also had chickenpox but he can’t take the vaccinations. We keep our fingers crossed for him. :heart:

(((Pip))) I’m sure you will get the extra weight off pronto. You are so amazing.:heart:

Yoga today!!! Yay!! Right now DH is cooking our breakfast. I need to go and be helpful.

My meeting last night was actually quite pleasant. It went well. The ladies want to create a horse rest area in a public park—as step one. They actually hope to go on from the equine rest area and build a place with corrals for horses, plus camp sites and trails for people enjoy on public parkland down by the river. They’ve already done this in another county park and it has a park host similar to what Rita & her DH do. There are several county parks with hosts but only one is aimed at horses and riders so far.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    💖
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Margaret - Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Okie
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Margaret LOOOOOVE the ice sculptures, thanks for sharing.

Beth good news re colonoscopy and you are victorious because you didn't hit the pantry as a reaction to that horrible billing dept in your doctors office. I can totally relate, that type of nonsense would make me go and find a new medical group right quick...Let's hope they realize that they can't treat people like that! :o and stay in business.

Super busy but am reading at lunch and I just needed to take a break and spend time reading about all your doings as a mental break from my stressful week!

NYKAREN
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Margaret ~ Beautiful! I too admire how you participate in so many community functions.

Beth ~ Hugs! So sorry you are going through this with your dr's office.

It is so warm here today that I have the screen door open to let in the warm breeze. Unfortunately, the pom has managed to tear a large hole in the screen so hope we don't get any early bugs.

Carol in GA
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Heather UK, have you thought of asking her if there's be a time she thinks she would be up to having you come visit? Depending on the warmth of her answer you could make plans accordingly. She may not feel up to traveling to Hove. I dread my sister friends becoming I'll, although I know it must one day come. My heart aches for you. Incidentally, if you cough when laying flat, don't lay flat. Put a pillow or two more under your upper body.

Katla, it's precisely because of folks like your husband that I'm quarantined. Folks who can't take the vaccines and babies are at risk of chickenpox. We who grew up in the 40s and 50s thought nothing of it, but there are serious complications. It can be deadly, as we know now. I don't want to put anyone at risk. I had chickenpox as a kid, and both shingles shots, and still got shingles! And it hurts!