Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    (((Rori)))
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,185 Member
    edited February 2019
    We went to Lidl and found a lot of real bargains. :D
    I cooked a tortilla española, which should have been delicious, but I accidently left the hob on a low light, so it overcooked. Still tasted good, but a bit dry.
    Then we decided to go to the French lecture. We really enjoyed it and chatted to a few people, in English! The lecture was about the history of French food so easier to understand and there were slides and a handout. I didn't know that the French way of eating is a UNESCO world intangible cultural heritage, but that pleases me greatly. B)<3 I was French in another life. :laugh:
    A good evening and we will definitely go again. The minute I hear French spoken I feel immediately at home.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Rori soup and going for walks and running errands, you are surely on the mend. ((( <3<3 ))) and strength to you, does a home aide come to the house for a few hours to relieve you a bit?
    NYKAREN
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Greetings Ladies -

Things here are continuing on same old, same old. I often think that is not a bad thing at all!

My eating is under control at the moment and as a result the scale is steadily moving in a downward direction. If I keep this up, I'll be back to not having tight pants before I know it. I am not unhappy with the number on the scale, well, not too unhappy with it, but I am unhappy that my pants are a bit tight. I will admit that I had the thought before I started back down that if I was hospitalized and they wrote my weight on the board for all visitors to see I would be embarrassed. That got me back on track pretty quickly. Being as tall as I am, it takes me about 20 lbs to see a change in size.

Hugs, prayers and a link to Pip's boot for whoever needs them.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Well ladies I'm home.. today was ok.. the morning I was sneezing and stuffy but got better as the day went by,here is hoping maybe allergies
    Tomorrow Alfie goes to the groomers and then I go walk my pups then feed my FIL and then come back as I have s friend coming to give me a quote on painting the living room and possibly the cabinets,the ceiling ....then have to go cash and deposit my check ..the stupid direct deposit has a 30 day waiting period.. really? Big pain in the duppa.. and then pick Alfie up ,drop him home and go to my physical...
    Then take Dan to get his taxes done.
  • PurpleSparkles85
    PurpleSparkles85 Posts: 44 Member
    Checking in while I take a study break. You can get behind so fast but I’m glad this is such an active, supportive group of gals to be with. We had sun and no rain today!!! Just in time to have more rain tomorrow night. I was looking at some of the videos they had on TV for the 5 year anniversary of the gigantic sinkhole that opened up under the Corvette Museum— hard to believe the amount of damage there was, and all of those priceless cars. Time flies!

Nicole—I am right there with you! I was thinking my vertigo was starting to go away but, this morning, NOPE! Keeping fingers crossed for both of us.

Hello to those who are just joining us.

Kathy in KY
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    Finally a little bit warmer today and no snow. It is even melting a little but will take a long time I fear. DD finally made it into work today although she went late. No choir practice tonight. Boo! I will miss it. Feeding horses and goats is a pain right now. Melting snow is flooding one of our shelters and the gate to the goat pen is blocked with snow that has fallen from the roof. I will be glad to get back to a normal routine. DH was unable to go to his infusion at the cancer center and has been rescheduled. I made chicken vegetable soup in the crockpot for tonight.

Rori and Allie - Sending you healing angels.

Lisa - Good for you keeping up with those exercises but don't sit too long at one time.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,494 Member
    ff54zjo46suh.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,494 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 9.03min, 9.8amph, 137mhr, 1.4mi= 91c
    manual treadmill, walk- 40min, 126ahr, 147mhr, 2.52mi= 349c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.54min, 131mhr, 12.7amph, 1.4mi= 74c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 18.04min, 10amph, 142mhr, 3mi= 182c
    walk/slow jog sta 2 wrk- 8.16min, 15.51min mi, 133mhr, .5mi= 78c
    walk wrk 2 sta- 5.48min, 12.03min mi, , 143mhr, .4mi= 68c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.16min, 7.7amph, 152mhr, 2.5mi= 214c

total cal 978
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Did a spinning downloadable workout. The plan for tomorrow is to take the Power Hour class

Barbie – I sure don’t envy you with the mess. But it’ll look fantastic when it’s done

Tracey – my husband is the same as yours. Down here I’m the social butterfly (to an extent). I’m the one who goes to canasta, go to the crochet group, make something for the pot luck, makes all the plans to see people while we’re down here, plan the ceramics trips, he’d sit home all day and watch TV. Guess that’s his way of decompressing. I need people. As far as spending more when shopping all the time – I really don’t, I do find that I buy things that are needed. It used to be that I’d buy all the food, but then we had some left before we left. Now I can plan out the meals to take as little home with us as possible

Allison – get better fast. Will they want you at work being sick, especially since you are in such close contact with the patients?

Klanders – don’t worry, when you retire, you’ll wonder how you ever found time to work

Pip – how do you know when the gym is closed? Do they mention it on the TV? I remember once I went to the Y, things didn’t look all THAT bad, but when I got there they had closed (boo). Had I known, I would have done something at home

It’s rainy here today. I understand it’s sunny in NC. No fair!!! I’m determined NOT to come home with white legs. We’ll probably go to the ceramics place here when the rain lets up and then go to the ceramics place tonight in Orlando. We were going to go to the one in St. Augustine but the lady told me that she won’t have the mold of the thing I was particularly interested in, so that’ll be for the next trip. We’ll meet my cousin in Daytona for lunch and go to Orlando tonight. They’re open tonight and then tomorrow from 9-12. I knew Vince didn’t want to go then. Update: we haven't gone to the place here. We really should in case they need to pour something for us.

Exercised, then went to Aldi. Vince likes their mini wheats and he needed milk. I had to take a good shower (usually I just take a “wash off the sweat” shower) I get so very sweaty when I do spinning. Actually, that is the only time I need to wear my heart rate monitor. My heart rate can go up so much that I really need to be careful. The good thing is that it comes down quite fast, too.

About TV – I don’t watch much at all, usually shows that I’ve recorded. I’ve also found that I like to crochet while I’m watching TV. I do like to do other crafts, but I usually can’t do them while watching TV. Like right now I’m working on a few diamond dotz pictures, and I just can’t do that while watching TV. Maybe I can have the radio on

Got a bigger mug for my tea at the SPCA thrift shop yesterday, but I really was hoping for one bigger. Maybe I’ll make one at ceramics.

Nicole – I can do things at home, but I absolutely need to go to the gym at least for a few classes. I like the motivation and the comraderie. At one time I couldn’t drive and I thought I’d go crazy not being able to go out with friends. Vince is someone who will stay at home for days on end. Not me. So I understand how you feel about needing a class. Ever since meno kicked in I could see more and more in my middle. I don’t see the saddlebags as much, but that might be because the bigger middle doesn’t highlight the saddlebags as much.

Rori – you are an angel from above

Suebdew – wonderful news from the MD

Went to the place in Orlando. Found out that they haven’t been there for 3 years (thank you internet). I really should have given them a call, but they had such limited hours.

We had these Tyson beef strips for dinner. Too spicy for Vince, so guess who'll get to finish them?

Michele in FL where it is raining…no fair!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Did a spinning downloadable workout. The plan for tomorrow is to take the Power Hour class

Barbie – I sure don’t envy you with the mess. But it’ll look fantastic when it’s done

Tracey – my husband is the same as yours. Down here I’m the social butterfly (to an extent). I’m the one who goes to canasta, go to the crochet group, make something for the pot luck, makes all the plans to see people while we’re down here, plan the ceramics trips, he’d sit home all day and watch TV. Guess that’s his way of decompressing. I need people. As far as spending more when shopping all the time – I really don’t, I do find that I buy things that are needed. It used to be that I’d buy all the food, but then we had some left before we left. Now I can plan out the meals to take as little home with us as possible

Allison – get better fast. Will they want you at work being sick, especially since you are in such close contact with the patients?

Klanders – don’t worry, when you retire, you’ll wonder how you ever found time to work

Pip – how do you know when the gym is closed? Do they mention it on the TV? I remember once I went to the Y, things didn’t look all THAT bad, but when I got there they had closed (boo). Had I known, I would have done something at home

It’s rainy here today. I understand it’s sunny in NC. No fair!!! I’m determined NOT to come home with white legs. We’ll probably go to the ceramics place here when the rain lets up and then go to the ceramics place tonight in Orlando. We were going to go to the one in St. Augustine but the lady told me that she won’t have the mold of the thing I was particularly interested in, so that’ll be for the next trip. We’ll meet my cousin in Daytona for lunch and go to Orlando tonight. They’re open tonight and then tomorrow from 9-12. I knew Vince didn’t want to go then.

Exercised, then went to Aldi. Vince likes their mini wheats and he needed milk. I had to take a good shower (usually I just take a “wash off the sweat” shower) I get so very sweaty when I do spinning. Actually, that is the only time I need to wear my heart rate monitor. My heart rate can go up so much that I really need to be careful. The good thing is that it comes down quite fast, too.

About TV – I don’t watch much at all, usually shows that I’ve recorded. I’ve also found that I like to crochet while I’m watching TV. I do like to do other crafts, but I usually can’t do them while watching TV. Like right now I’m working on a few diamond dotz pictures, and I just can’t do that while watching TV. Maybe I can have the radio on

Got a bigger mug for my tea at the SPCA thrift shop yesterday, but I really was hoping for one bigger. Maybe I’ll make one at ceramics.

Nicole – I can do things at home, but I absolutely need to go to the gym at least for a few classes. I like the motivation and the comraderie. At one time I couldn’t drive and I thought I’d go crazy not being able to go out with friends. Vince is someone who will stay at home for days on end. Not me. So I understand how you feel about needing a class. Ever since meno kicked in I could see more and more in my middle. I don’t see the saddlebags as much, but that might be because the bigger middle doesn’t highlight the saddlebags as much.

Rori – you are an angel from above

Suebdew – wonderful news from the MD

Went to the place in Orlando. Found out that they haven’t been there for 3 years (thank you internet). I really should have given them a call, but they had such limited hours.

Michele in FL where it is raining…no fair!!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :heart:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    Did my physio exercises for my back/hip/leg.

Didn't like any of them except one ... a hot water bottle at my back. That I like!

The others tired me out much more than expected, hurt, and made me feel slightly nauseated. I hate being so out of shape.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,185 Member
    Kim - I don't make the entirely authentic version as I parboil the potatoes first. :embarassed: That means I don't need quite so much olive oil to cook them, but it should really taste of olive oil. It is not slimming. I am quite anal about my recipes as I don't like them fiddled with, so I only use onions and potatoes as in Spain. I don't flip it either, just grill the top which is not authentic. :/
    Normally in Spain it is served as part of a tapas, in that you buy a slice like a cake. We had a third each for dinner with green beans, garlic and tomatoes, and I'm about to eat my final sixth for lunch before I dash off for my dance class.

DH got me a lovely big book for Valentine's Day. :D<3 A History of Interior Design. Really looking forward to browsing through it. I spend a lot of time reading design magazines on my tablet. Unfortunately I don't have any money to actually implement any of my ideas. :laugh: I may win the lottery, who knows!

The man is here to mend the shed. DH is paying for it, thank goodness. I'm so glad he is not clambering around up there himself. :o He is also putting new wood around the bottom where it's rotted.

Glad I can make it to my dance class . I went to one and then missed three. I hope I haven’t missed too much.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx