Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What We're Eating

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    Breakfast: giant iced moka (so tired), Greek yogurt, blackberries & raspberries, toaster waffle with yogurt butter.

Lunch: leftover meatballs and garlic bread, sliced tomato, broccoli.

Dinner: fish sandwiches (baked breaded cod, lemon mayo, lettuce, tomato, kaiser roll) and crudites (broccoli, cherry tomatoes, celery, baby carrots), possibly also a couple of cocktails.

Snacks: I'm exhausted. Who even knows. I make terrible choices when I'm this tired.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Breakfast: orange cream Greek yogurt, coffee
    Lunch: leftover roasted butternut squash soup, 1 boiled egg, 3 small oatmeal butterscotch cookies & Earl Grey tea
    Dinner: tamale casserole with black beans, peppers, tomatoes & sour cream
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast: instant oatmeal - cinnamon & spice
    Lunch: homemade egg salad on a Sandwich Thin with strawberries
    Afternoon snack: string cheese and veggie sticks
    Dinner: breaded & baked tilapia, with roasted potatoes and a small side salad
    After dinner snack: maybe some tortilla chips & salsa, we'll see
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Breakfast: Basmati rice and oats with tamari dressing and guacamole

Lunch: BBQ pinto bean-seitan burger, refried black beans, dill pickle cashews

Dinner: Black bean and seitan stew with lemon-parsley tofu cream
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: BBQ tofu salad with lettuce, carrot, black beans, and avocado
    Afternoon snack: 2 slices of leftover homemade pizzay boyfriend and I made for Valentine's. c:
    Dinner: probably a brownie made by a friend, topped with ice cream. Maybe leftover homemade chocolate covered strawberries.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,736 Member
    B: 5 slices Canadian bacon, 3 eggs, some added eggs whites, reduced-fat shredded cheese melted over all of it. Coffee with half and half.
    S: giant chicken taco salad. Loads of shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, Quesadilla cheese, salsa Verde, sour cream, Guac and lots of boneless, skinless chicken thigh, seasoned with homemade taco season, then grilled and diced.
  • seltzermint555
    edited February 2019
    Breakfast: Morningstar veggie sausage link rolled up in a cooked egg with salsa, 1/2 orange, coffee
    Lunch: 1/4 Muffuletta sandwich, small side salad with artichokes and avocado
    Snack: chocolate baked donut & blueberry baked donut, coffee
    Dinner: sushi, seaweed salad & edamame

We're celebrating my husband's birthday today so lots of restaurant food and snacks. I want to fit in a long bike ride between the donuts and sushi!
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Two leftover chocolate covered strawberries
    Lunch: Scramble made from 3 eggs, cheese, a bit of milk, mushrooms, and bacon
    Snack: Probably more strawberries, a cup of coffee or tea
    Dinner: BBQ tofu salad consisting of lettuce, black beans, tomatoes, and carrots
    Dessert: "Slutty" brownie topped with 1 scoop of chocolate ice cream
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Friday:
    Meal 1:
    *plain whole-milk yogurt
    *Amy's Organic non-dairy bean and rice burrito
    *onion bagel (last one!)
    *a tiny amount of leftover red lentil penne (for some reason my husband ate all the pasta except a tiny bit)
    *16oz of unsweetened extra creamy oat milk

Snack 1:
    *16oz of Lipton Pure Leaf unsweetened black iced tea
    *Clif bar, nut butter filled peanut butter flavor

Meal 2:
    *Nasoya fortified tofu sauteed in olive oil with radish greens, black pepper, paprika, crushed red pepper, and turmeric, over whole-wheat spaghetti
    *salad -- celery, tomato, baby carrots, radishes, mini cucumber, McCormick black garlic seasoning

Snack 2:
    *caramels from Valentines' Day

Saturday:
    Meal 1:
    *protein shake with Vitamin Shoppe PLNT vegan chocolate protein powder and unsweetened extra creamy oat milk
    *Ezekiel 4:9 golden flax cereal with plain whole-milk yogurt and frozen mixed berries
    *Clif bar, nut butter filled peanut butter flavor

Snack 1:
    *16oz Starbucks unsweetened iced green tea
    *black tea made with strawberry and cucumber infused water (at fancy coworking space that I had a meeting at)

Meal 2 (while doing work at Panera):
    *Pick Two with Baja mac and cheese (has avocado and pico de gallo) and ten vegetable soup
    *baguette on the side
    *raspberry almond thumbprint cookie
    *32oz unsweetened plum ginger hibiscus herbal tea

Meal 3:
    *leftover whole-wheat spaghetti with tomato, radishes, nutritional yeast, black pepper, and paprika

Snack 2:
    *16oz of unsweetened cashew milk
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited February 2019
    Just polished every one of these off, destroying the evidence that they even existed. Made them, it’s one of my favorite recipes when I have the time. “Costs” out at about 750 calories.

Trader Joe’s organic and gluten-free polenta. Topping is sautéed onions, sweet mini peppers, cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes (diced) sprinkled with ground basil and splashed with balsamic vinegar. Sautéed on stovetop on low for about 9 minutes.

As they say in Italia, era squisito!”

9tv2jm5p8r9i.jpeg

• seltzermint555
    Breakfast: oatmeal with peanut butter & strawberry jam, coffee
    Lunch: tamale casserole (masa, black beans, tomatoes, tons of peppers and a little cheddar melted on top), baby spinach and arugula side salad with ranch
    Dinner: 2 chicken chunks, pea salad, and green beans.
  • laurenq1991
    edited February 2019
    Not the healthiest day today :(

Meal 1 (local Mexican restaurant):
    *restaurant-made blue and yellow corn chips with red and green salsas
    *salmon burrito bowl with grilled salmon, rice, beans, shredded cheese, guacamole, corn, pico de gallo, and lettuce

Snack 1 (doing work at Starbucks yet again):
    *16oz unsweetened iced green tea
    *Money on Honey wildflower honey caramels

Meal 2 (doing laundry):
    *slice of pizza from local pizza place
    *about 1/3rd of an Italian rice ball with marinara sauce (they gave it to my husband for free since it was near closing time...however there turned out to be ground pork in the middle and we are vegetarian and pescetarian respectively so we ate around that part)

Snack 2 (still putting away the laundry at 2:15 AM):
    *Clif Bar nut butter filled coconut almond butter flavor
    *Planet Oat unsweetened extra creamy oat milk

Overall: 96g protein, not even going to count white flour and refined sugar
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Breakfast = oatmeal with melted cheddar, salt, and pepper (I ran out of zucchini 😢)

Lunch = turkey sandwich with American cheese on honey wheat bread, fresh strawberries

Dinner = spaghetti and meatballs
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited February 2019
    HUGE volume of food today, still slightly under my cal goal before exercise

Breakfast: instant oatmeal - strawberries & cream and a Halo cutie
    Lunch: Never Any! (an Aldi brand) Mild Italian chicken sausages x2, roasted potatoes and bell peppers and a Fiber Now cinnamon coffee cake soft baked bar
    Afternoon snack: pineapple & strawberries and a vanilla Activia yogurt
    Dinner: homemade chili with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Breakfast: Apple carrot muffin

Lunch: Chickpea linguine with broccoli, tempeh, and tahini sauce, Clif nut butter bar

Dinner:
    Black bean bisque, garlic biscuit
  • laurenq1991
    Breakfast:
    *1/2 cup of plain whole-milk yogurt (was finishing container from last week)
    *1 cup of unsweetened extra creamy oat milk + 1 cup of unsweetened cashew milk
    *leftovers -- whole-wheat spaghetti with a tiny amount of sauteed tofu/radish greens/spices, topped with a tomato and nutritional yeast

Lunch (out at local cafe with a friend -- the cafe had lots of delicious looking baked goods but I successfully avoided them):
    *egg salad sandwich with lettuce and tomato on multigrain bread (it looked like it was also whole-wheat but who knows)
    *fruit salad with pineapple, red grapes, and strawberries (this successfully avoided my refined sugar craving)
    *two mugs of Earl Grey tea with milk

Dinner:
    *half a block of crumbled Lightlife flax tempeh sauteed in olive oil with turmeric and paprika
    *two slices Wholesome Pantry sprouted whole grain bread (cheaper Ezekiel 4:9 dupe)
    *Beanitos restaurant style white bean chips
    *salad -- celery, tomato, baby carrots, McCormick black garlic seasoning, black pepper

Dessert:
    *two Valentines' Day chocolates

totals: probably around 15g refined sugar, not sure if bread from sandwich had white flour, about 97g protein
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Breakfast: coffee and protein shake
    Lunch: turkey meatballs and a low carb peanut butter cup
    Dinner : tuna and green onion salad on a oat fiber wrap

jyqqbmzqqoe9.jpeg
  • Hopehaswings97
    Hopehaswings97 Posts: 38 Member
    I switch it up a lot, and I am guilty of snacking on unhealthy foods some day, but I still count those calories and try to get close to my goal intake for the day.

Breakfast: Nutrigrain blueberry bar or oatmeal square cereal

Lunch: chicken and cheese tacquitos

Dinner: Salad (Lettuce, 1 egg, cheese, carrots)

Snack: pineapple, clementines, berries (whatever is in season), some junk food once in a while (not every day)
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: 1 egg bean sprout omelet with Sriracha drizzled on top, 1/2 small can of rinsed mandarin oranges, coffee
    Lunch: large salad with TVP "taco meat", lettuce & shredded cabbage and carrots, sauteed peppers, chopped green onion, salsa & sour cream.
    Dinner: 3 slices homemade pizza, thin wheat crust with mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes & light on the mozzarella. Diet soda (I don't drink it often, but like it a lot with pizza since I'm not drinking alcohol this year)
    Afterward, a cup of Earl grey tea and dark chocolate Kit Kat.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Breakfast: Hardboiled egg + fiber one brownie
    Lunch - Egg Roll Bowl
    Dinner - Turkey Burger with sweet potato mash
    Post dinner snack - Peanut butter muffin top