Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• wearefab
    wearefab Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well I stuck to some goals - one piece of bread at a time! Cycling! I havent yet done my yoga but will. I did have some dairy (cream in coffee). I unfortunately ate a whole bag of bhuja snacks. And only because I am alone. Never mind, new day tomorrow! Lots of love to all x
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    t2ffudkk05p1.jpg
  • wearefab
    Options
    It's a new day here !!
    I was wasted yesterday from cycling in.the sun and didn't do yoga.
    But today my car is back from mechanic so I won't have to cycle in heat and will be able to get to gym.

So then goals for today. ...
    Cook the veg I have in fridge
    One piece of bread at a time
    Walking or local grocer and buy an avo
    Gym if I get my car back
    Study hard! !
    No dairy.

• wearefab
    Options
    Oh I feel like im hogging tis thread! But im sure you are all going to wake up soon and update here, as the southern hemosphere goes to bed!
    I didnt cook the veg!! But I ate raw veg and salad and spirulina. Maybe tomorrow?!
    Bread goal achieved.
    Walking achieved.
    Gym achieved
    Study partially achieved.
    Dairy acheived.

For tomorrow I thing the goals will be: Heaps of veggies (cook it!), same bread goal. same dairy goal, walk and do yoga or gym. 8 hours sleep.

Go well everyone, have a great day. Just keep going x
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options

That’s a great day of accomplishments! Awesome job!
    wearefab wrote: »
    Oh I feel like im hogging tis thread! But im sure you are all going to wake up soon and update here, as the southern hemosphere goes to bed!
    I didnt cook the veg!! But I ate raw veg and salad and spirulina. Maybe tomorrow?!
    Bread goal achieved.
    Walking achieved.
    Gym achieved
    Study partially achieved.
    Dairy acheived.

For tomorrow I thing the goals will be: Heaps of veggies (cook it!), same bread goal. same dairy goal, walk and do yoga or gym. 8 hours sleep.

Go well everyone, have a great day. Just keep going x

• winodini
    Options
    Gritty_Gal wrote: »
    Hello ladies. I’ve been here before a few years back, achieved my goal and ‘sat on the laurels’. Managed to keep my ideal weight for about two years and slipped back (+10lb) over the last 2 years.

My goal is to swap some old habits for new ones.
    1 watch my favourite shows while walking on the treadmill not sitting on the couch (5x pw)
    2. Do 10 min of yoga every morning.
    3. Replace some foods I eat with Whole30complient foods on daily basis eg. Use sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes, use coconut milk in my coffee instead of dairy milk, make cauliflower rice instead of regular rice etc.
    4. Drink 8 glasses of water a day.

I think that’s a manageable start :)

Feel free to friend me if you’d like a few extra motivational 👍 on your daily progress.

Have a great Monday everyone!

That’s the way to get started and very achievable!
  • winodini
    Options
    I'm 46 and have gained 30 lbs as a result of not exercising and binge stress eating while caring for my mom during her fight with cancer. Unfortunately, she lost her fight last November, and left my father, who is severely disabled, alone and relying on me and my brother for care. I also work full time and live in a different town.

Now I'm trying to get back on track. It's a constant struggle and exercise in willpower and decision making. Every day, every hour, I have to focus on what is the best food choice and figure out how I'm going to squeeze in some activity to get my heart rate up. It's exhausting.

I’m so sorry for your loss 💓 Getting back on track can be challenging while caring for loved ones, but taking control of small aspects can get you off to a good start!
  • winodini
    Options
    I have been traveling the last 3 weekends with kid activities; it’s slowed down my step counts and was a direct cause of some bad food choices. I did LOG my bad meals to stay accountable, but I certainly did not want to!
  • nuriav1
    nuriav1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and I have been trying to loose 40 pounds. Need help
  • wearefab
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @winodini thsmk you for your encouragement to everyone. Wow yes I know how badly family commitments can effect our helpful habits. When I was traveling with mine I made sure I had lots of fruit and some nuts . As they tucked into bbq meat and bread I was sitting there with my broccoli and hummus to fill up on ! However my family are all.adults now and it's very different when you have little ones. Tiredness from travel and looking after everyone doesn't help either.
    I hope you can get back into your helpful routines now?

@nuriav1 welcome. You can post your goals here for accountability if you like and ask for specific help if you need it. The best first start is to track, and get enough sleep. Is there anything in particular you struggle with?

I post my goals here morning and night. It helps keep them in mind. And I started very small goals such as only having one piece of bread instead of two. Then I'm adding from.there. go well
  • wearefab
    Options
    Goals today : Heaps of veggies (cook it!), one bread not two, no dairy goal, walk and do yoga or gym. 8 hours in bed.

Sleep is extremely important for weight / fat loss. I'm not sure everyone realises how important.

Also I found it impossible to move away from a bloated body when I had an undiagnosed hormone condition. So I just want to let people know who are really not losing despite doing everything right (food move hydrate sleep ) that maybe there is something else going on and it's not your fault and don't give up !!
    If you do have a medical condition then it's better to eat healthy than not. Throwing in the towel in frustration only leads to more gain and feeling worse. Keep your healthy habits even if you seem to be getting nowhere x
  • shaz08162915
    shaz08162915 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 46 have lost over a stone but seem to have hit a brick wall feel free to add
  • melissaking572
    melissaking572 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Looking for motivation and support from others who are wanting support. Feel free to add me !
  • sunshinedaydream21
    Options
    Yesterday was better...made a big salad for lunch to take to work and some low cal snacks. I was surprised to learn that the salad filled me up more than my usual wraps do and I was less hungry after work. After work is my absolute worst time for making bad food choices. Have a good day everyone!
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was better...made a big salad for lunch to take to work and some low cal snacks. I was surprised to learn that the salad filled me up more than my usual wraps do and I was less hungry after work. After work is my absolute worst time for making bad food choices. Have a good day everyone!

After work is the worst, completely agree!
  • E_Foley
    E_Foley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 this month, and am determined to get myself back in a healthy state, mentally and physically. As a former bikini competitor, the 30+ lbs I have gained over the last 4 years has left me in quite the funk.

I am okay with what the number on the scale says, I really am, but the loss of strength and endurance has just about sent me over the edge a couple times.

I have renewed my gym membership, started to take an active approach to what I eat, and am also doing yoga once a week and pole fitness as well. The pole fitness is where I really noticed my lack of strength. It depressed me.

I am looking forward to watching this thread! Have a great day everyone! :smiley: