55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    WTG- daklock- looks like you have the hang of it- I am still maintaining but trying to lose.05 a week- sometimes I do - sometimes I don't but I will keep trying
  • debtay123
    Options
    Great to see we are starting up this thread again- we have to keep encouraging each other- for the last few weeks- I have not lost but it has been a maintain- I may lose.02 or.04 something like that but same number on the scale- but I will keep trying and trying to eat right- also need to keep up my movement too. Love walking and "trying" to dance with youtube videos-
  • skytuner
    skytuner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You have done very well, and you look great, too! Particularly interesting is the visceral fat measurement --- so important. I'm not familiar with how this is done? I am just getting started back on track for a healthier lifestyle, and your account is inspirational.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    @making_tracks Wow - big difference, what a great job you are doing!!
  • cupcakes8kr
    cupcakes8kr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this group please.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    @making_tracks awesome job keep it up! Looking great!
  • making_tracks
    making_tracks Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    skytuner wrote: »
    You have done very well, and you look great, too! Particularly interesting is the visceral fat measurement --- so important. I'm not familiar with how this is done? I am just getting started back on track for a healthier lifestyle, and your account is inspirational.

A Dexa scan will give you an accurate visceral fat reading, however a scan isn’t always affordable or practical. Visceral fat is the fat we hold around our organs. We need some to provide protection but too much can mean the organ struggles to work effectively and increases liver diseases and diabetes.

A good way to measure your visceral fat is to measure your hip and natural waist ratio. Pop a tape around your waist and your hips at the widest point and divide waist / hip. You’re looking for a ratio less than 0.8 to have a healthier visceral fat level.

Reducing visceral fat is harder post menopause but not impossible.

High alcohol consumption increases visceral fat.

Hope this helps

• debtay123
    Options
    cupcakes- you are a member of our group if you post on this thread- you are part of us- so glad to see so many newbies- I am focusing more on being healthy this year as well- have lost 30 pounds in all on mfp- but still have about 10 or so to go to a healthy bmi . I lose very slowly now- but I will still keep trying- main focus is more fruits and veggies to crowd out the junk- it's working slowly for me
  • debtay123
    Options
    making tracks- great job- awesome!!!
  • skytuner
    skytuner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @making_tracks Thanks! I am quite sure, even without measure, that my visceral fat is too much -- even without the hip measure, a waist measure of more than 35 usually means trouble.

Yet, I like the idea of a before and after accurate measurement, as you have, although I checked before your post and see that it is not $practical for me right now -- at the before stage! Also there are those who are not overweight, even "skinny" people who may have too much visceral fat.

I am very happy and encouraged that you have shared your success.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    @making_tracks...great job. Just wondering..how tall are you?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!