WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Allie - You may want to look into filing a claim against your dad’s estate as well for the money that you put into it. You also should be paid just like the other people he owes money to. I believe you should be paid first. Check it out before any money goes out of his estate.

Mary from Arizona
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill. The plan for tomorrow is to take the Power Hour class. I’ll probably workout on one of the machines before the class, just haven’t figured out which machine

Before exercise, went to Publix and got a paper and returned some food that I probably won’t have since Vince won’t eat the beef and I need to finish it. I was planning he would eat it and so I’d need something else. Then exercised, needed to take a full shower there since I was so sweaty I actually could smell myself. I know it’s just more humid down here and that’s why I sweat so much more

Grace – congrats on the birth of your first grandchild! Hope you feel better fast. A 2lb gain really isn’t that much, it’ll come off

Viv – feel better. A good reason to get that weight off. Once a few pounds come off and you see how much better you feel, you’ll be so much more motivated to get the rest off

I’m not a wine drinker. I usually only have some at Christmas time.

Pip – this seems to be going on too long and doesn’t seem to be getting any better, as a matter of fact, it seems to be getting worse. Maybe it’s time to see a doc and get an antibiotic?

Michele where it’s sunny today….no fair! It was supposed to be sunny yesterday and cloudy today. Mother nature --- are you listening?????
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: I’m happy to hear you’re a tad bit better, and hope that things continue to improve. :flowerforyou:

Michele: Frozen grapes and applesauce make good sense in combatting hot flashes. I’m happy to hear they are helping you. :star:

Viv UK: I also have a knee that hurts when my weight is too high. It is the result of an over use injury. I am currently working my way back down to its happy place. Its happy place is a bit lower than MFP thinks I should go. I want to be active and pain free, so I am working on dropping a few pounds to keep the knee happy. :star:

Margaret: Snowmageddon sounds horrible after all that you’ve already had. Sending warm thoughts your way. :flowerforyou:

(((Pip))) I hope you rest well and feel better soon. Kirby has good ideas for you. :heart:

The dog is currently at the groomer and I have an appointment for a haircut later today. I have a city meeting to attend this evening and I hope it is short. Our big worry is the water meter. The city changed it and since then gallon upon gallon has gone somewhere. We have to prove it isn’t being used by us, which means we have to pay for a plumber. :grumble:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Thanks, KLanders, for the description of the Cupid and Psyche statue. I hadn’t thought of that pair because the figures looked much younger than one commonly sees them portrayed.

Katla, i hope your plumbing woes don’t end up being too onerous. Here on my mountain our water source is from a deep well higher up the hill. It’s a community water system, and has to be tested monthly. We’ve never had a problem, and the water is always fresh, cold, and delicious. So far the community hasn’t decided to meter and charge individuals, but I run my washer only about once a week (I have a large capacity set) and my dishwasher about once. I use disposable dessert plates for my meals and have plenty of room for any pots, pans, kitty dishes, etc.

Pip, if you have the flu an antibiotic won’t help unless you have a secondary infection. However, I’d follow Kirby’s advice and go in. You sound like you may have complications, and flu can be deadly, even for the very fit. Please take care.

I am regaining my energy from the surgery at last. I hadn’t realized how low it was until I started physical therapy. Somehow more exercise has magically given me more energy. My steps per day have gone from 750 to over 1000 even on non-work days!

I stopped by the store after my PT yesterday and got some more Oikos Triple Zero yogurt. It’s become my favorite go-to food when I need a high protein quick breakfast. Just the perfect size and the flavors are good too. I also got some mini egg muffins in a southwest flavor (meaning chili’s, cheese, bell peppers and tomatoes) my yen for sweets has magically gone with this surgery. I crave fresh tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, and winter squash. My meats have been chicken thighs, turkey or chicken deli slices and tofu. I’m slowly starting to add a bit of ground beef, and my magic little pouch is tolerating it well.

The hardest part is keeping my liquids up. I was used to drinking with meals, but now I’m not supposed to drink for 1/2 hour after and no during. So I have to keep a cold tasty drink at hand at almost all other times. Water is fine at home, but other water has begun to taste bad to me. I’ve found some flavoring drops that are zero sugar. I particularly like strawberry pineapple. Citrus flavors are my favorite, but the orange and lemonade flavors don’t work well for me.

Sharon, stuck at 207 for what seems like forever, Near Seattle

• Nancyh58
    Nancyh58 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60 in November. I work at a desk all day, but do martial arts 3x a week. I messed up my knee about six months ago so working out and even walking have been difficult. I really, really want to lose 20# to get back to my "wish I weighed that when I thought I was fat" weight. I think I'm going to need some support from other people. I lose 3#, gain 2#, lose 1#, gain 3#. You know how it goes. Any support is appreciated!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Allie agree with Mary about submitting a claim.

Pip agree with Sharon about going in if possible. When my friend had the flu I made chicken soup with every thing I could think of that would help with flu...pepper, tumeric, onions, no noodles, garlic. Essential oils are great for fighting the flu too. Peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus are all good.

When I had the swine flu I should have gone in but I was sooo sick I could get myself to go. Should have called an ambulance. My temp went to 105. I learned that ibuprofen was the way to take a temp down. Aspirin at that high of a temp can cause Reye syndrome in adults.

It took a half hour to move son's car. It is done!

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    I
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    We went to Petworth House. Beautiful sunny day - snowdrops in swathes across the grass, native daffodils, crocus, purple anemomes.
    Unfortunately it was half term. The car park was jammed. I think we found the last space. When we went for lunch we had to queue for ages. Not well organised. The food I ordered was under cooked so we complained and got a substitute.
    The Dutch Masterpieces exhibition was interesting, but very small for the money. The best painting was the Rembrant self portrait and a Cuyp picture of some cows. A couple of others were world class.
    The stand out attraction of PH are the Turners, painted in situ, and the absolutely amazing wood carvings by Grinling Gibbons. Quite astonishing. I will post one from my phone.
    So, it was nice to go out, but not the success it could have been.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • b4leaving
    b4leaving Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Have a beautiful day, everyone!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Heather exquisite!

Laurel live in Minnesota too!

Staying in today. Did some shoveling when helped son. I figure that is enough exercise.

:heart: Margaret
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    only ate 262cal (breakfast) added 750 or so to allow me to complete the day. no workout. kirby says i have symptoms of the flu not a cold. had the sweats and shakes and felt like i was going to faint. he had to help me upstairs to bed, couldn't eat

Sounds like we've got the same thing!

Any back or kidney pain?

I wonder if someone from your part of the world travelled here.

EDIT: Just talked to some of my coworkers, and found that whatever I've got is going around ... it's a "back to school" flu. The kids all went back to school at the beginning of Feb and now it's spreading.

Sore throat
    Headache - really intense!
    Body/joint aches
    Back/kidney pain
    Extreme fatigue
    Some nausea, dizziness & feeling faint

M in Oz