What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Slowcooked Italian-style chicken thighs with veggies, served on a bed of peas and a ring of couscous. Plated for pic to show all components.

yc0kdmx6sqt7.jpg
  • Dianna__
    Dianna__ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Vegan mac and cheese, broccoli ,spicy buffalo chikn' sandwich
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    baked chicken thighs...then just mixed up asian slaw to go with it, but no real cooking for salad.
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    Tonight (Tuesday, 19th): slowcooker honey-mustard chicken thighs over quinoa with Polish-style beets and side salad. "Polish-style" refers to the fact that these prepared beets are from Poland; I have a market specializing in Central and Eastern European foods somewhat nearby. The jar said, "Shredded Beets," and, as can be seen, these look more grated or mashed - I was expecting more of a "beet slaw," and suspect a translation bug. That being said, they were a good choice to pair with the mustard sauce, and were lighter or brighter than typical pickled beets. Plus the color was spectacular. Still have to compute the MFP macros for this meal, but they should be pretty moderate.

nqko9cuj6juu.jpg

• debwhite66
    debwhite66 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Last night marinated Chicken breasts in Cesaer dressing then griddled and served over iceburg lettuce, cucumber, baby toms, sliced avacado, couple of croutons and grated parmesan with a side of Asparagus sauted in butter and more Cesaer dressing. On strict KETO! Tonight Chicken thighs braised in cream sauce flavoured with french mustard and garlic, served with kale sauted in bacon lardons and garlic butter. Both meals low calorie and low Carb.
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

Mix in some grated store bought horseradish into this beet pure. Trust me :)

I will, thanks!
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    (Wednesday, 20th): stovetop chicken breast "Creole" served in a brown rice ring with green beans. For anybody who's noticed, I've been posting a lot of slowcook or stovetop meals last couple of weeks - my oven baking heater element has cracked (I think perhaps I was too rough with it when cleaning the oven for Thanksgiving a couple of months ago, and it gave out). So, while we figure out "replace the old oven" vs. "replace the element," I have to strain my creativity for non-baked/roasted/etc. entrees.

k7u6gfzaqgf5.jpg

• atgnat1
    atgnat1 Posts: 29 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Eating for breakfast right at this moment:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Vegetarian tacos with last night's leftover roasted zucchini and yellow squash, with the addition of oaxaca cheese. Seasoned with garlic, chili powder, comino...no salt. :( But it really didn't matter once I topped it with the salsa! :)
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Baked salmon with oyster sauce on top over rice (last night's meal)
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Turkey noodle soup with homemade turkey broth, carrots, celery, peppers, turkey chunks and egg noodles.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    chili, in the crock pot
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    My next cook is a dinner party Saturday. I only cook on weekends and for guests. Doing an incredibly effortless Italian dinner.

Bagna cauda as a starter.
    https://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/marcella-hazans-bagna-cauda-anchovy-and-garlic-dip

Linguine carbonara as the main.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2012/may/10/how-to-cook-perfect-spaghetti-carbonara

Because carbonara generates unused eggwhites, bitterkoekjes, or dutch almond macaroons dipped in amaretto for dessert.
    https://mommyreviews.com.au/recipe/bitter-cookies-recipe-dutch-bitterkoekjes/
  • como_agua1
    como_agua1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    https://cookieandkate.com/2018/creamy-roasted-cauliflower-soup-recipe/

SO good - who'd have thought cauliflower could be so delish? :p
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    Thursday (21st): what I call "Casablanca Chicken," served with a side salad. It is a tagine-like cousous chicken dish cooked in my old-school, jiggle-top pressure cooker. Doesn't look like much, but tastes up a storm. Those with sharp eyes will see dark inclusions in the entree - those are prunes. Yep. And they're good to offset the spice mix (some variants of this dish use raisins).

5zhhhwbr86lb.jpg

• purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Tonight is roasted squash soup (batch cooked this weekend), with wild-caught salmon (broiled, served atop soup), roasted turnip cubes, shaved fennel, arugula, sprinkle of faux Dukkah (my hacked recipe) and preserved lemon coulis.
    Colors. All the colors!
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Tonight is roasted squash soup (batch cooked this weekend), with wild-caught salmon (broiled, served atop soup), roasted turnip cubes, shaved fennel, arugula, sprinkle of faux Dukkah (my hacked recipe) and preserved lemon coulis.
    Colors. All the colors!

Amending.
    Same soup, but with crisped broccoli & squash cubes, salmon, shaved fennel, mint and Italian parsley.

Cooking on crutches means that I’m sometimes not quite delivering on my ambitions...u39bx3xscqmt.jpeg

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I roasted a chicken today with a pot of arroz con habichuelas. We had guests so it was easy and plentiful. I measured mine out ahead of time.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I made shrimp with Asian veggies and sauce; served over rice. Dinner done in less than 15 minutes.
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    corrarjo wrote: »
    Poor mans Surf & Turf with asparagus and mixed veggies.

tb5mj3axhbme.jpeg4c1x2lco7p66.jpeg
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I made shrimp with Asian veggies and sauce; served over rice. Dinner done in less than 15 minutes.

Same for me last night, but served over cauliflower rice.