5'8-5'11 women before/after pics?

Replies

• 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    This post is amazing.
    I'm 5ft 9 but only at the start of my journey so nothing to add yet.
    But fantastic work everyone! Given me so much motivation.
  • momefee
    momefee Posts: 66 Member
    I will be lurking this thread. :) a bit under 5'9" SW 208, Current 199, first goal 175. Thanks for all the inspiration!
  • postmuskaren
    postmuskaren Posts: 1 Member
    5'8" SW 237 CW 230 GW 185
    I've been on a rollercoaster for the last few years....we've been blessed with 5 children and my body took a hit because I didn't take care of myself very well. Now I'm weightlifting alternating weeks 2x & 3x and trying to walk on the 'rest days' - when it's not -40 here in Alberta :) I
    I love the inspiration on here...I need the accountability and encouragement - for me, being mentally tired makes me just want to gobble all kinds of garbage. I need to focus on eating a little cleaner!
    I hope and pray that this is what I need to keep on going....I'm never giving up!
    BTW, you all look AH-MAZING!!!
  • glittersupernova
    glittersupernova Posts: 91 Member
    I'm 5'9" and I gained 50 lbs during third tri in my pregnancy. It's been a battle losing weight and keeping it off since then(2012). I've been up and down, on and off. Lost all but 15 lbs a couple times couldn't get lower than that but then always gaining again. I was diagnosed hypothyroid in early 2015, but symptomatic much earlier than that and didn't know what was wrong. Since medicating properly, tweaking my diet and regular exercise I have now hit my goal weight of 145. Bf% is 21-22 area. I haven't weighed this since 2011, it's an amazing feeling. I hope this inspires some to never give up, always fight for what you aim for!!! Anything is possible, but it starts with your mind set and determination! :smiley:

Top pic is 2012 -> now
    Bottom pic is March 2017 -> now

oz3pzrhxpd39.png
    q3kapppike8s.png

Your story is really inspirational to me! I am ~5’8”, and have recently been diagnosed (about 7 months ago) with hypothyroid/hashimoto’s. My weight and general wellness has been fluctuating as my endo and I try to find the right dose for medication.

You have a very similar frame to mine and I look forward to achieving similar results for myself! I know I’m not too far from it (about 10 lbs) but some days it feels so far away. You’ve definitely inspired me that my hypothyroidism won’t hold me back!! :)

Thank you!
  • momm90112
    momm90112 Posts: 8 Member
    This is a fantastic thread, very motivating and inspiring. Congrats to all who have lost weight and to all the rest of us still on the journey! I'm 5'9", SW 295, CW 280.2, GW 185 (and then I'll decide where to go from there). Been doing this since 7 January 2019 and have lost 15lbs so far. 5 kids, a hypothyroid diagnosis and being 42 has added challenges for me but I'm determined to look after myself better and have put myself at the top of my priority list! I've been looking for groups of women in similar boat but no luck so far. If you know of any, let me know! I'd love to have buddies to help keep each other motivated! Good luck everyone!
  • Slimbymooths
    Slimbymooths Posts: 27 Member
    edited April 2019
    So impressed by all these transformations! Reading everyone’s inspirational stories - and seeing their pics - has been what has kept me motivated.

I am 175cm (5ft 9) and my stats are:
    SW 76.8kg (169lb)
    CW 64.2kg (141lb)
    Reckon I’m pretty much at goal now. Any thinner and my chest starts to look too bony.

• DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Love a good progress shot. Especially because that's what kept ME motivated for a long time - seeing what others had achieved. Especially a tall girl!

[Also, I def posted in the other tall girl thread, but maybe I posted in this one already. This may be redundant! Apologies if so!]

Height: 5'10" (recently discovered... thought I was 5'9")
    SW: 250
    CW: 147
    GW: around 150, but wouldn't mind 145.
    Frame: wrist measurement says small frame, ribcage seems large.. but I did birth seven kids, so... maybe that's why. In short, no clue.
    Left pic: 2013
    Right pic: yesterday, 2/25/19

r70ymr2a4rs1.jpg

You are my goal! I'm 5'9" but everyone tells me they think I'm taller. It's nice to see someone's pic who has a similar height/frame. You look great!
  • tenaciousmeg
    tenaciousmeg Posts: 9 Member
    DeshotelK wrote: »
    Love a good progress shot. Especially because that's what kept ME motivated for a long time - seeing what others had achieved. Especially a tall girl!

[Also, I def posted in the other tall girl thread, but maybe I posted in this one already. This may be redundant! Apologies if so!]

Height: 5'10" (recently discovered... thought I was 5'9")
    SW: 250
    CW: 147
    GW: around 150, but wouldn't mind 145.
    Frame: wrist measurement says small frame, ribcage seems large.. but I did birth seven kids, so... maybe that's why. In short, no clue.
    Left pic: 2013
    Right pic: yesterday, 2/25/19

r70ymr2a4rs1.jpg

You are my goal! I'm 5'9" but everyone tells me they think I'm taller. It's nice to see someone's pic who has a similar height/frame. You look great!

I know that feeling! I too needed something relatable. Thanks for the kind words!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!