Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 25 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Quick walk before work to wake up and walk at lunchtime to enjoy the warmer weather :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)

The warm weather and sunshine are so uplifting, I am trying to take pleasure in the things I can notice that are associated with the Spring. It's not as formal as a gratitude journal etc but I am trying to be mindful and capture pleasant sensations to reflect upon as I settle down for the night. I am realising how much I take for granted whilst going through each day in a daze.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    It was sunny and gorgeous here last Thursday...it was amazing how good I felt! Now we are back in the snow-and-ice fight. I am usually fine over the winter, but I have really struggled this year.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,252 Member
    It was sunny and gorgeous here last Thursday...it was amazing how good I felt! Now we are back in the snow-and-ice fight. I am usually fine over the winter, but I have really struggled this year.

I am the same way. I don't normally suffer from depression, but I've come to realize that I think I have seasonal depression. It has been the longest winter! Today the sun was out ... I was able to rake some leaves and pick up sticks .... before the next batch of winter weather gets here!
  • mytime6630
    edited February 2019
    JFT, Sunday
    1. log all my food ... both here and on WW website :)
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. go to the gym :)
    4. be kind to myself (this was the topic.. more to come on that) :) Working on this!!
    5. going to a visitation tomorrow for a very dear neighbor who passed away. This lady taught me so much about quilting, I will miss her dearly. But .. she was 100 years old. So what a life she had :)
    6. be there for my daughter :)
    7. take care of myself. :)

A good day yesterday ... first good day in a while!! We went to Longhorn restaurant .. and I even told them NOT to bring the bread to the table. And I did not have a glass of wine! And ... I asked for the dressing on the side, and just put a little on my salad. So with that, and only eating half of my chicken and my brocolli, I did OK.
    WIth weight watchers.. there are all these "free" foods... all chicken and eggs are free, and almost all fruits and veggies. But I am still trying to keep track of calories. Free or not ... these are still calories. And since I only plan on paying for 3 months, I am hoping to get at least 10 pounds off .. put me back where I was before halloween!!

So its late in the day to post many goals, but for the rest of the evening:
    JFT, MON
    1. make my smoothie ... and that is it tonite
    2. concentrate on drinking water!!!!!
    3. brush/floss my teeth after my smoothie ... no more food
    4. take my daughter to Michaels craft store tonite.
    5. think positive thoughts

So many posts, and I'll try and cath up later. I had to go back 5 pages to my sunday posts
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Clicketykeys - “feelings aren’t facts”. That really stuck with me, I need to remember that. I’ve seen others that have gone on cruises be able to enjoy the food and maintain because of the steps they manage to get in. Either way, I think I would enjoy the cruise and worry after.

Maryrobinson40 - I hope your prayers are answered, you deserve a break. Why are you wanting to give up coffee? Just curious.

PackerfaninGB - Isn’t decluttering a huge relief when you get going? I am trying right now to figure out some changes at home so that I can get a spare room back. We haven’t had one since we moved in here and I missing it. I love The Ranch I binge each new season as it comes out.

Azulvioleta6 - you swimming has made me think I need to get back to that. I spent money on lessons and have never gone since.

Bex953172 - oh boy I remember those years. My girls were only grandchildren on my side as well as only Great Grandchildren. They were only nieces and I had friends with children just a bit older so ended up with hand me downs. Toys were trying to overrun the house. One thing I started doing was bagging some up and putting them away. I didn’t throw them away, I just limited the chaos. Every month or so I would bag up some that were left out and bring out the bagged ones. Of course, I never bagged the toys that actually got played with regularly, but all those other ones that they dig out, strew all over the place and then leave because they have no interest in it really. Those toys may have gotten thrown out after their month in the bag. Tracie said it best, “motherhood is for the young”. You are an incredible Mom carrying a lot on your shoulders. If a cry gets you through, take the time to do it. I remember many, many tears, but now mostly the memories are smiles even the ones that caused tears. I think now is a good time to get Marley to help, terrible twos or not she needs to understand the consequences and how being part of a family means doing things to help others. Oh Bex, I just want to hug you. If Ash doesn’t want you using the car, will he get up to drive Saskia to school? He doesn’t seem very helpful to you sometimes.

Frenchfancy2014 - Hugs to you, now is the time to start the healing process. Take care of yourself.

Nlmackey98 - I’m so sorry to hear about your friends daughter. Suicide is seeming to be more and more prevalent. Just last week a guy I went to school with committed suicide. He is the 3rd one that I went to school with. The two others were brothers, I think of their parents often and wonder how they are doing. I think we are moving forward as a society in discussing and learning about mental health but it’s not fast enough and it’s not taken seriously enough by some yet. I hope your friends daughter gets the help she needs.
    I think that will be a hard discussion to have with your children, but is so important to have.

Bookmeister86 - I’ve been overeating the last couple of weeks too. I don’t have anything to blame it on the except lack of self control. Good luck with your French, time will go fast I’m sure, hopefully your current job is manageable until then.

Hegoddard0928 - I love how you enjoy being home, I am the opposite, I like the routine of work. Funny how we all look at things differently. My friend that I had called the police on a couple years ago was diagnosed with Bipolar at that time. I have known her since she was 15, I often thought over the years that she had bipolar, she was 50 when diagnosed. She seems to be doing ok now, but I worry when she is quiet or seeing depressed. I am happy to hear you are doing well.

Sunshinemomof2 - stay at home mom can be very lonely and boring. Come back often, this group really helps.

Well I have written a novel! I should figure out what to do with my day, I was going to run to the store but it’s so cold!!!!

I am noticing nervousness that's not there when I haven't drunk it for a while, breast tenderness, and
    it's triggering panic attacks. Paid attention through process of illumination.
  • maryrobinson40
    Babysitting
    Laundry
    Dishes
    Prayer
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Babysitting
    Laundry
    Dishes
    Prayer

Are you okay Mary?
    Im not feeling your bubbliness!
    *hugs*
  • mytime6630
    Babysitting
    Laundry
    Dishes
    Prayer

Mary -- you doing OK??? We are here for you dear sister. Let us know if you need extra prayers. <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,920 Member
    Clicketykeys - “feelings aren’t facts”. That really stuck with me, I need to remember that. I’ve seen others that have gone on cruises be able to enjoy the food and maintain because of the steps they manage to get in. Either way, I think I would enjoy the cruise and worry after.

Maryrobinson40 - I hope your prayers are answered, you deserve a break. Why are you wanting to give up coffee? Just curious.

PackerfaninGB - Isn’t decluttering a huge relief when you get going? I am trying right now to figure out some changes at home so that I can get a spare room back. We haven’t had one since we moved in here and I missing it. I love The Ranch I binge each new season as it comes out.

Azulvioleta6 - you swimming has made me think I need to get back to that. I spent money on lessons and have never gone since.

Bex953172 - oh boy I remember those years. My girls were only grandchildren on my side as well as only Great Grandchildren. They were only nieces and I had friends with children just a bit older so ended up with hand me downs. Toys were trying to overrun the house. One thing I started doing was bagging some up and putting them away. I didn’t throw them away, I just limited the chaos. Every month or so I would bag up some that were left out and bring out the bagged ones. Of course, I never bagged the toys that actually got played with regularly, but all those other ones that they dig out, strew all over the place and then leave because they have no interest in it really. Those toys may have gotten thrown out after their month in the bag. Tracie said it best, “motherhood is for the young”. You are an incredible Mom carrying a lot on your shoulders. If a cry gets you through, take the time to do it. I remember many, many tears, but now mostly the memories are smiles even the ones that caused tears. I think now is a good time to get Marley to help, terrible twos or not she needs to understand the consequences and how being part of a family means doing things to help others. Oh Bex, I just want to hug you. If Ash doesn’t want you using the car, will he get up to drive Saskia to school? He doesn’t seem very helpful to you sometimes.

Frenchfancy2014 - Hugs to you, now is the time to start the healing process. Take care of yourself.

Nlmackey98 - I’m so sorry to hear about your friends daughter. Suicide is seeming to be more and more prevalent. Just last week a guy I went to school with committed suicide. He is the 3rd one that I went to school with. The two others were brothers, I think of their parents often and wonder how they are doing. I think we are moving forward as a society in discussing and learning about mental health but it’s not fast enough and it’s not taken seriously enough by some yet. I hope your friends daughter gets the help she needs.
    I think that will be a hard discussion to have with your children, but is so important to have.

Bookmeister86 - I’ve been overeating the last couple of weeks too. I don’t have anything to blame it on the except lack of self control. Good luck with your French, time will go fast I’m sure, hopefully your current job is manageable until then.

Hegoddard0928 - I love how you enjoy being home, I am the opposite, I like the routine of work. Funny how we all look at things differently. My friend that I had called the police on a couple years ago was diagnosed with Bipolar at that time. I have known her since she was 15, I often thought over the years that she had bipolar, she was 50 when diagnosed. She seems to be doing ok now, but I worry when she is quiet or seeing depressed. I am happy to hear you are doing well.

Sunshinemomof2 - stay at home mom can be very lonely and boring. Come back often, this group really helps.

Well I have written a novel! I should figure out what to do with my day, I was going to run to the store but it’s so cold!!!!

I am noticing nervousness that's not there when I haven't drunk it for a while, breast tenderness, and
    it's triggering panic attacks. Paid attention through process of illumination.

That makes sense, I cut down to 1 coffee a day from 4 a few years ago and feel better from it. I hope everything is ok with you. Love you
  • maryrobinson40
    24h3elrmf3ir.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    I saw this picture and thought of all of you and had to share.
    I love you all so much! Hugs for all my Sisters on here and the
    Newbies of this thread... Love, Hugs, and WELCOME TO THE BEST
    THREAD I HAVE ENCOUNTERED. WELCOME!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Hi all, pretty rough day yesterday. My older daughter was too sick to go to school so lots of scrabbling about childcare-wise and then I was rushing around trying to leave early to get home to her. Did not drink enough water, tired from her waking me in the night, plus stressed plus a squabble with my own mum = some poor decisions with food last night. Somehow managed to stay under goal due to activity but I didn’t sleep enough and didn’t hydrate or feel myself sensibly and feeling the effects this morning. Not sure if she’ll be well enough to go today but at least have a plan if she needs to stay off. So I’m starting today a bit unsure of the plan. Can only do my best!

Monday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pack snacks, buy milk and coffee on way to work ✅
    - Water! ❎ forgot my bottle
    - Reply to emails @ lunchtime - medieval workshop?! ✅
    - Call potential party venues again - get something booked! ✅
    - Leave on time ✅ early actually as oldest still sick
    - early night ❎

Tuesday goals:
    - morning workout
    - Pack water bottle - use it!
    - Home lunchtime? Run?
    - Cancel hot yoga if P still sick
    - Eat proper meals, not just snacks
    - Early night (non negotiable)

Ugh! Fed up. Time to get my head back in the game x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Go to gym :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :/ Ate dinner rather quickly, seem to do that!
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/ Keep forgetting to do this
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: Didn't come up
    - Give myself credit! :neutral: Forgot to do this, though didn't beat myself up either

- Food shopping :smile:
    - Catch up on emails :smile:
    - Finances :smile:
    - French homework :neutral: Did some but didn't start till later in the day so didn't do as much as I wanted
    - Claim train ticket :smile:
    - Tidy something :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Stay positive
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - Leave work at 6.30pm
    - Finish finances
    - Tidy/clean something
    - Read about journaling
    - Look up knee strengthening exercises
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 120 in green

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 26 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Walk before work
    January challenge
    February challenge
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Woke up around 4:30 after a dream in which, when our mobile-device clocks reset for Savings time, they somehow turned off or reset the alarms. In the dream, we'd slept so long that classes had already started by the time we woke up and I was scrambling around putting clothes on, trying to figure out what we had in the fridge that I could eat on the way to school (soup was not going to work, obviously), decided I just wouldn't take lunch and I'd get a cafeteria lunch, trying to get in touch with my department head to let her know I'd be in... it was SO REAL.

At least I have time to get ready slowly ;D Gonna soak in the tub for a bit before scrubbing off and washing my hair.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Woke up around 4:30 after a dream in which, when our mobile-device clocks reset for Savings time, they somehow turned off or reset the alarms. In the dream, we'd slept so long that classes had already started by the time we woke up and I was scrambling around putting clothes on, trying to figure out what we had in the fridge that I could eat on the way to school (soup was not going to work, obviously), decided I just wouldn't take lunch and I'd get a cafeteria lunch, trying to get in touch with my department head to let her know I'd be in... it was SO REAL.

At least I have time to get ready slowly ;D Gonna soak in the tub for a bit before scrubbing off and washing my hair.

LOL! This reminds me of when i was in Secondry school, i had to leave at 8.30 to get there on time.
    I woke up at 7.45, went toilet, had some toast, went back upstairs and started to get dressed, i even remember putting my socks on. The moment i got them on i woke up ... and it was 8.30 LOL
    I was more annoyed that j had to do that all over again!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Monday, let’s start again
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Workout when I get home 👍
    4. No more cake👎 clearly this is an unrealistic goal

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Meditate when I get home
    4. Gym