Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    England is unnervingly warm. I feel like we are being lulled into a false sense of spring and then it’s going to suddenly dump a load of snow on us. According to the car it was 18C today, that’s just crazy warm for this time of year.

I am pretty sure that we have all of your rain here in Tennessee, Lois. I made it to the grocery store and back, but I had to take a bit of a detour around a flooded road and am counting myself blessed not to be in a mudslide. I have seen reporting of four today in my region and one on Chattanooga where my oldest lives.

Touch wood, where we live isn’t really a flood zone so we haven’t had to deal with anything like that. And we are on a huge hill. And 5 floors up in a tower block.
    We do however have a blocked sink and the washing machine drains through the same pipes and I have a load of washing that won’t drain out so neither of us are doing well with water.

At least Mother Nature will fix my problems eventually. I hope you can get your drain cleared quickly.

Argh it ended up being a nightmare! We chucked every unblocking chemical we had down the sink, boiling water, plunger, nothing worked. Danny ended up unscrewing the pipework and cleaning it bit by bit, but it was all pretty clear, so we decided the blockage was outside the flat where we couldn’t reach it. For whatever reason he tried blowing down the tube (we had cleaned it) and you actually heared something go and after that it cleared. So we ran the hot tap for a couple of minutes and, so far it has been fine. But what a MESS!

Sod’s law we’ll find out we broke a fitting or something and it’s leaking out into other flats. :# But we’ll see!

I certainly think you've had enough of Sod and his law in the last year so I hope it's just fixed.

Yup, Sod can sod off! I’m just about done with 2019 already.
    So far I’ve had a car crash, lost the office keys, damaged my car interior, dead fish, blocked drains, and the jumper I spent 3 months knitting ended up being too short in the body and I can’t be kittened to undo it and redo it with a longer body. And I still can’t decide whether to have kids or not.

I went around a friends house yesterday and loved being with their 7 month old, but after watching the 2 of them and having a frank conversation about parenthood I’m still not convinced Danny is up to the job.

I have until the beginning of May to decide because my IUD expires then and I can have it taken out and take the plunge (or go to the pill for a little while), or have another one put in if I chose not to have kids for a long while.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Finally warmed up here too! I woke up and it was 31F, and not -1! yay. But the dang wind howled all night. The weather says SW winds of 30-40 with gusts up to 55-60.

I just looked at my weather app, and now it says 2 above... Not sure why. I swear it was 31 (and felt like it) when I came in to work 45 minutes ago.. Weird...

...Checked Wunderground's map, and rewound it to 6:30 AM , and I'm not crazy, lol. It really did just drop nearly 30 degrees in an hour. :open_mouth: The weather here is crazy!

What?! That’s insane!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    England is unnervingly warm. I feel like we are being lulled into a false sense of spring and then it’s going to suddenly dump a load of snow on us. According to the car it was 18C today, that’s just crazy warm for this time of year.

I am pretty sure that we have all of your rain here in Tennessee, Lois. I made it to the grocery store and back, but I had to take a bit of a detour around a flooded road and am counting myself blessed not to be in a mudslide. I have seen reporting of four today in my region and one on Chattanooga where my oldest lives.

Touch wood, where we live isn’t really a flood zone so we haven’t had to deal with anything like that. And we are on a huge hill. And 5 floors up in a tower block.
    We do however have a blocked sink and the washing machine drains through the same pipes and I have a load of washing that won’t drain out so neither of us are doing well with water.

At least Mother Nature will fix my problems eventually. I hope you can get your drain cleared quickly.

Argh it ended up being a nightmare! We chucked every unblocking chemical we had down the sink, boiling water, plunger, nothing worked. Danny ended up unscrewing the pipework and cleaning it bit by bit, but it was all pretty clear, so we decided the blockage was outside the flat where we couldn’t reach it. For whatever reason he tried blowing down the tube (we had cleaned it) and you actually heared something go and after that it cleared. So we ran the hot tap for a couple of minutes and, so far it has been fine. But what a MESS!

Sod’s law we’ll find out we broke a fitting or something and it’s leaking out into other flats. :# But we’ll see!

I certainly think you've had enough of Sod and his law in the last year so I hope it's just fixed.

So far I’ve had a car crash, lost the office keys, damaged my car interior, dead fish, blocked drains, and the jumper I spent 3 months knitting ended up being too short in the body and I can’t be kittened to undo it and redo it with a longer body. And I still can’t decide whether to have kids or not.

I went around a friends house yesterday and loved being with their 7 month old, but after watching the 2 of them and having a frank conversation about parenthood I’m still not convinced Danny is up to the job.

I have until the beginning of May to decide because my IUD expires then and I can have it taken out and take the plunge (or go to the pill for a little while), or have another one put in if I chose not to have kids for a long while.

AK! You've been having a rough/ and very annoying go of it, it sounds like! And the kid thing? You have until you feel like it to decide. Don't let anyone else or your ovaries (crafty little kittenz they are) tell you otherwise. The pill is always a good option, because you can stop it at any time. And be on it as long as you want. And while the IUD can last for several years in a row, it too can be removed at any time. You are not committed to it's full effectiveness length. Perhaps it may be good to find a way to discuss your concerns with your husband? Since kids aren't immanent right now, it would be great to get anything that is concerning you out in the open with your husband. Before you make a solid decision. Like how you are worried he may not pull his weight. Easier said then done though, I do realize. I still keep flip flopping between "What will be, will be" and "OH GOD WHAT AM I DOING?!?! ". But right now, I am of the mind that whatever happens, will be what is meant to be. Until my hormones rev up on me anyways, lol.
    Finally warmed up here too! I woke up and it was 31F, and not -1! yay. But the dang wind howled all night. The weather says SW winds of 30-40 with gusts up to 55-60.

I just looked at my weather app, and now it says 2 above... Not sure why. I swear it was 31 (and felt like it) when I came in to work 45 minutes ago.. Weird...

...Checked Wunderground's map, and rewound it to 6:30 AM , and I'm not crazy, lol. It really did just drop nearly 30 degrees in an hour. :open_mouth: The weather here is crazy!

What?! That’s insane!

RIGHT?!? I thought I misread my weather app this morning. (Since I was still bleary eyed from sleeping.) Until I got on Wunderground to see previouis temperatures for the day, I thought for sure I was losing my mind. Now we've warmed up to a balmy 11 above, and it's supposed to somehow make it to 38. But since it tanked that hard this morning, maybe it'll make it?
  • rhunwelshbowman
    rhunwelshbowman Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    We all have these days. We have to just pick ourselves up and not be so hard on ourselves. I have been known to lose control and grab a snack myself. Last week I tore into a pack of chocolate chip cookies and ate half. I have been good with the start of this week however the application is really helping me keep motivated as well as hearing all of your stories and such. Good luck and everyone please have a very positive and happy day! :)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @Beka3695 I am so sorry about your client's son. This week a guy walked into my old dentist's office and *kitten* his wife the week. (There happened to be a good guy with a gun getting his teeth cleaned and he will live to face murder 1 and several lesser charges.) The world is going to heck in a hand basket.

THIS is why I have a permit to carry and firearms training!!! I have 9 rounds to get it right!

I can’t even imagine carrying a gun... like, doing my check in the morning:

Keys
    Purse
    Phone
    Gun :#

After a while you almost feel naked with out it. It gets to be habit.

I don't think I could live in a place where I needed a gun of my own to feel safe.

I don't feel I NEED it to feel safe. I just feel a bit safer carrying it due to all the crazy idiots these days. The case of I would rather have and not need, than need and not have.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Appointment with surgeon is March 18 and I have a list of signs of infection that should send me to the ER if they happen before then.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    Appointment with surgeon is March 18 and I have a list of signs of infection that should send me to the ER if they happen before then.

Glad they got you in!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Glad Danny found a solution; hopefully, everything else works out great.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Dang that's crazy! Imagine all the people who wore short sleeved t-shirts & then regretted that decision.
  • Lois_1989
    edited February 2019
    Options

AK! You've been having a rough/ and very annoying go of it, it sounds like! And the kid thing? You have until you feel like it to decide. Don't let anyone else or your ovaries (crafty little kittenz they are) tell you otherwise. The pill is always a good option, because you can stop it at any time. And be on it as long as you want. And while the IUD can last for several years in a row, it too can be removed at any time. You are not committed to it's full effectiveness length. Perhaps it may be good to find a way to discuss your concerns with your husband? Since kids aren't immanent right now, it would be great to get anything that is concerning you out in the open with your husband. Before you make a solid decision. Like how you are worried he may not pull his weight. Easier said then done though, I do realize. I still keep flip flopping between "What will be, will be" and "OH GOD WHAT AM I DOING?!?! ". But right now, I am of the mind that whatever happens, will be what is meant to be. Until my hormones rev up on me anyways, lol.

What?! That’s insane!

RIGHT?!? I thought I misread my weather app this morning. (Since I was still bleary eyed from sleeping.) Until I got on Wunderground to see previouis temperatures for the day, I thought for sure I was losing my mind. Now we've warmed up to a balmy 11 above, and it's supposed to somehow make it to 38. But since it tanked that hard this morning, maybe it'll make it?

Argh I know. After being with baby Matthew on Sunday I do want kids, I do. I had a conversation about this with my hairdresser on Thursday because she is in the same position (but younger) and we came to the conclusion that if Danny wants kids (he does) and I want kids (I do) I just have to decide if I’m prepared to do it without the help I want/ expect

Does that sound ridiculous?! Am I going about this the wrong way?

I have had this conversation with Danny, but he isn’t very reliable at keeping promises. He promised he would help out, but he promised he would sell a pile of books 18 months ago and they are still piled up in our back room. But he did sell his guitar case.
    Our friend said he will change the second I am pregnant. Reality will charge in.

I might be going crazy...
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    @Lois_1989 Sometimes they do change! Sometimes you also just have to ask every time for what you want. Sometimes it's a bit of both! A lot of times when men hold thier newborn for the first time, something in them does really change.
  • melissafeagins
    edited February 2019
    Options

What?! That’s insane!

Argh I know. After being with baby Matthew on Sunday I do want kids, I do. I had a conversation about this with my hairdresser on Thursday because she is in the same position (but younger) and we came to the conclusion that if Danny wants kids (he does) and I want kids (I do) I just have to decide if I’m prepared to do it without the help I want/ expect

I have had this conversation with Danny, but he isn’t very reliable at keeping promises. He promised he would help out, but he promised he would sell a pile of books 18 months ago and they are still piled up in our back room. But he did sell his guitar case.
    Our friend said he will change the second I am pregnant. Reality will charge in.

Babies aren't books, Lois. I would have bet my house that Denni wouldn't be helpful before Tamara was born, but I was wrong.

Even when I was breastfeeding her exclusively, he found ways to help. He did the laundry (and only turned one white shirt blue LOL) or grocery shopping and made dinner for us if I didn't feel like cooking. When I got sick and had to stop breastfeeding cold turkey because my medicine was bad for her, my mom took her for the first weekend because she wouldn't eat if I was in the house, but then he got up for 14 straight days of 4am feeds. When she was 5 and Ian was 2 I went on a women's retreat with church. All the moms were talking about their moms keeping their kids. When they asked me who had my kids I said, "Denni". One of them said, "What?! you're letting Denni baby sit?" "No," I replied, "My husband is parenting his children. God didn't just give them to me."

All of that to say that if Danny wants kids, he's probably going to surprise you when the time comes. Kids make you stronger and more reliable... And they are tons of fun.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

What?! That’s insane!

Babies aren't books, Lois. I would have bet my house that Denni wouldn't be helpful before Tamara was born, but I was wrong.

Even when I was breastfeeding her exclusively, he found ways to help. He did the laundry (and only turned one white shirt blue LOL) or grocery shopping and made dinner for us if I didn't feel like cooking. When I got sick and had to stop breastfeeding cold turkey because my medicine was bad for her, my mom took her for the first weekend because she wouldn't eat if I was in the house, but then he got up for 14 straight days of 4am feeds. When she was 5 and Ian was 2 I went on a women's retreat with church. All the moms were talking about their moms keeping their kids. When they asked me who had my kids I said, "Denni". One of them said, "What?! you're letting Denni baby sit?" "No," I replied, "My husband is parenting his children. God didn't just give them to me."

All of that to say that if Danny wants kids, he's probably going to surprise you when the time comes. Kids make you stronger and more reliable... And they are tons of fun.

Yeah, I know. I think what I mean is that I have gotten so used to Danny making promises that he doesn’t keep, that in terms of something this life changing I want to be mentally prepared to deal with it by myself if I have to, for the rest of my life. That’s what I need to accept.

But the feminist inside me is raging saying I shouldn’t have to think like that, Danny needs to step up, and I shouldn’t until he does.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

What?! That’s insane!

Yeah, I know. I think what I mean is that I have gotten so used to Danny making promises that he doesn’t keep, that in terms of something this life changing I want to be mentally prepared to deal with it by myself if I have to, for the rest of my life. That’s what I need to accept.

But the feminist inside me is raging saying I shouldn’t have to think like that, Danny needs to step up, and I shouldn’t until he does.

I get that, but I am telling you that Danny reminds me of Denni and I believe he will step up and in ways you don't believe he will or can. And even if you end up doing more than your share, you will have more love in your life because babies/children/young adults are good for that. :)
  • Lois_1989
    Options

What?! That’s insane!

I get that, but I am telling you that Danny reminds me of Denni and I believe he will step up and in ways you don't believe he will or can. And even if you end up doing more than your share, you will have more love in your life because babies/children/young adults are good for that. :)

Have I ever mentioned how much I love you Mel?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Lois, you will figure it out. Neither of my kids were what you called planned, but we both stepped up to do what was needed. That kind of responsibility tends to bring that out in a guy, especially daughters for some reason.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

What?! That’s insane!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love you Mel?

Maybe, but today is awful and I will let you say it again. I love you back. ❤️❤️❤️
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

What?! That’s insane!

So first thing's first, there needs to be a change of mindset here. Danny wouldn't be and shouldn't be 'helping out'. I'm not 'helping out' when I'm looking after my kids, and neither is their dad. Our family and home are his responsibility as much as it is mine, and while I work fewer paid hours and thus do more childcare, that's just how we've divided the work, we both pull our weight in different ways.

That being said, he could surprise you, and also it's important to be clear what you need because it's not always obvious for the one who's away from home more.

And don't worry too much about birth control. The pill usually works fine and means you can decide at a month's notice. I went on the mini pill between kids as it turns out after ten years on the combined pill it didn't agree with me - fell pregnant first month after stopping! :open_mouth: