So now I’m being told Keto is the only effective way to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'm seeing alot of Dr Fung fans on alot of groups I'm in on Facebook
    Arthritis group? Keto and Dr Fung
    Pcos support? Dr Fung
    Thyroid group? Dr bleeping Fung

It's really annoying me. I'm in the group's because I have autoimmune diseases, Dr Fung isn't an expert in those conditions but because he vomits out buzz words people treat him like Thier lord and saviour

give him some type of credit. some things he says obviously resonates with a lot of psople. Ive always heard...take what you can use and leave the rest......I dont understand why some people think that when a popular doctor is just that...popular that they think one is supposed to believe and follow every single thing he or she says.. We dont have to do that. Take what applies or helps you or take nothing at all. Its all good people.....😊

It's all good . . . except for cynical snake-oil salesmanship. :flowerforyou:

lol
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to chime in here and say that I once worked with a client who was on keto to control her seizures and she was over weight/ border line obese so it is certainly not a "miracle guaranteed to lose weight diet" as some claim it to be. It did however work wonders for controlling her seizures.

Therapy for seizures is why the keto diet was developed about 100 years ago and time has shown it to be effective for many with seizure disorders. If it was also a miracle weight loss diet, people would have been put on it decades ago.

I have no problem with keto if it helps a person stick with a calorie deficit. Personally, I can't do it because I need to eat low-ish fat due to no gallbladder and my system doesn't process fats as well without it.
  • lleeann2001
    Options
    I'm seeing alot of Dr Fung fans on alot of groups I'm in on Facebook
    Arthritis group? Keto and Dr Fung
    Pcos support? Dr Fung
    Thyroid group? Dr bleeping Fung

It's really annoying me. I'm in the group's because I have autoimmune diseases, Dr Fung isn't an expert in those conditions but because he vomits out buzz words people treat him like Thier lord and saviour

give him some type of credit. some things he says obviously resonates with a lot of psople. Ive always heard...take what you can use and leave the rest......I dont understand why some people think that when a popular doctor is just that...popular that they think one is supposed to believe and follow every single thing he or she says.. We dont have to do that. Take what applies or helps you or take nothing at all. Its all good people.....😊

Why should he be given credit for posing as an expert on conditions that he doesn't specialize in?

I DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!
  • lleeann2001
    Options
    I just want to weigh in here very angrily because if that was true I would have to completely give up beer, and those are fighting words.

lol teehee
  • emmyjo23
    emmyjo23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @vanityy99
    Could you explain keto to me.... I just don’t get it with the macros
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    emmyjo23 wrote: »
    @vanityy99
    Could you explain keto to me.... I just don’t get it with the macros

@emmyjo23 quick keto macros: set your carbs to 5%, leave your protein at the default 20%, and fill the rest with fat.

For more details join this group and read the stickies: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
This discussion has been closed.