September Challenge, burn 5,000 calories a week!

Options

Replies

• agirl11
    agirl11 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! Let's get it done everybody! :) Good luck to all!
  • ajbsmom
    ajbsmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll try it! That is more then double what I'm dong now so pray I can make the extra time available. Thanks for the goal, this will be fun!
  • pearlfairy
    Options
    Count me in.. I love challenges.. I'll do my best to get it done...
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    im in!!!
  • kris24824
    kris24824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge!! I'm so in! Starting next Sunday, 8/28? Will we just do weekly updates here? Or a new post?
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge!! I'm so in! Starting next Sunday, 8/28? Will we just do weekly updates here? Or a new post?

MFP tells you how many calories you burned from the week from Monday-Sunday. So I'd technically start on the 29th for an accurate count. Every sunday we can log how many calories we burned for the week here, we can also do a weekly weigh-in.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I can attempt it! I'm not sure I can do with summer coming to an end. I could burn a lot of calories while swimming with friends and soon it will be too cold but I can try other things to get that burn...I plan on going through 30DS as well next month. I've done the videos before but never the whole 30 days.
  • ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Feeling a little better about this challenge...did an hour on the treadmill today and burned 658! 5,000 cal a week here I come!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I like this challenge!!! Count me in! Do we have to weigh in on Monday or could we use our normal weigh in day?

I'm starting a 6 week boot camp on the 29th that is sure to kick my butt - this challenge is just the motivation I need to work it! The Bridge to 10K program should help too!
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    I am in..however I im going on an 11 day across the country trip until i get to alaska, so during those 11 days i may not make the 5000 but im taking my 30DS with me so i should burn at least some cals ..but i am totally in!!!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I like this challenge!!! Count me in! Do we have to weigh in on Monday or could we use our normal weigh in day?

I'm starting a 6 week boot camp on the 29th that is sure to kick my butt - this challenge is just the motivation I need to work it! The Bridge to 10K program should help too!

At the end of each week look at your exercise diary to see how many calories you burned for the week =) (it tells you on Sunday the total for the week burned)

09/04: Total calories burned (how you did it) (start weight) & (weigh-in)
    09/11: Total calories burned (how you did it) (weigh-in)
    09/18: Total calories burned (how you did it) (weigh-in)
    09/25: Total calories burned (how you did it) (weigh-in)
    10/02: Total calories burned (how you did it) (weigh-in)

I plan to start on August 28th to get a full week in for the first week of September.

No you don't have to weigh in on the days you post that's okay =) You can use your regular weigh-in days
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I do close to this already, this should keep me on track for another month! End of September I start training with a group for my 5k, too, so I should have an easy time from that point on, whee!
  • Robert824
    Options
    I am IN!!!! Good luck everyone!!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    this is a huge increase for me but i'd like to try. :smile:
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm in. sounds like a great challenge.
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    This starts tomorrow!! Woohoo!! Who's ready? =D
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    I'd like to give it a try:) my question though is: how can we figure out how many calories are burned with strength training?
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I'd like to give it a try:) my question though is: how can we figure out how many calories are burned with strength training?

Log it under Cardiovascular. Search for "circuit training" or "strength training"
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options

We're starting this tomorrow? I thought it started September 1.
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options

We're starting this tomorrow? I thought it started September 1.

I think since MFP gives your numbers based on Mon-Sunday and Sunday 9-4, they want to start tomorrow so your "first week" will end on 9-4. Then every sunday after that:)