What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to handle people who push others away when they are struggling. I WANT to be there. I don't know how much reaching out and saying "I am here" is too much and what isn't enough. It's like walking a thin line between being supportive and obnoxious. It makes me paranoid and anxious.

Sometimes the ones pushing away, aren’t wanting to push you away. They’re more understanding that you can’t fix their struggle. I’m sure they appreciate you, even if it comes across as wanting to be alone. You sound like a wonderful friend 💜
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I read an article that said most caregivers end up dying before the one they’re caring for. It kind of freaked me out, because I’ve always felt my life would end tragically.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    I read an article that said most caregivers end up dying before the one they’re caring for. It kind of freaked me out, because I’ve always felt my life would end tragically.

That's a pretty cruel fate or not...I don't know. It's almost as if like the life is being transferred between the two.
  • tc1333
    tc1333 Posts: 4,033 Member
    Options
    Oh God I hope not!
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to handle people who push others away when they are struggling. I WANT to be there. I don't know how much reaching out and saying "I am here" is too much and what isn't enough. It's like walking a thin line between being supportive and obnoxious. It makes me paranoid and anxious.

Sometimes the ones pushing away, aren’t wanting to push you away. They’re more understanding that you can’t fix their struggle. I’m sure they appreciate you, even if it comes across as wanting to be alone. You sound like a wonderful friend 💜

Thank you! That's probably partially it. I am a fixer and most people know that. I just never want anyone to feel like I have abandoned them so I have a constant internal battle of giving them space and reinforcing that I am there.
  • MsQ0499
    MsQ0499 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just swinging on my patio swing wishing tomorrow wasn’t Monday.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options

Thank you! That's probably partially it. I am a fixer and most people know that. I just never want anyone to feel like I have abandoned them so I have a constant internal battle of giving them space and reinforcing that I am there.

I appreciate people like you ❤️
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Best St. Patrick's Day Ever!

swbryroe98gg.jpg
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options

swbryroe98gg.jpg

I disagree. You are able to post this and spell correctly.
  • its_jus_me
    its_jus_me Posts: 1 Member
    Options

swbryroe98gg.jpg

She said check your instagram
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    its_jus_me wrote: »

swbryroe98gg.jpg

She said check your instagram

Pure gold at the end of the rainbow. Thank ye lass.
  • LiftingSpirits
    Options

just keep loving the people you love the best you can without worrying about how they respond to you

This is excellent advice. Thank you ❤
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Bed
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    Bed

Already? Big dog has just gone pretty much lol.
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    Bed

Already? Big dog has just gone pretty much lol.

In a little bit yep, bc I get up at 2.30 for a 3.am workout. Need stacks of beauty sleep.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Trying to motivate for work
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Options
    Dreading some appoinrments
  • LiftingSpirits
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out unemployment. Yay!

Oh no! I am so sorry. I know that is very stressful!